Digimon Adventure Tri. (2015)

EmperorQinmon

@Koumi

I haven't seen the film yet, but I heard that it has some actual Koumi moments in it. OMG, OMG, OMG! I so so so can't wait to see this! I'm taking my Tentomon and Palmon plushie with me along with my Koushirou and Mimi keychains with their crests attached.

Koumi aside, I hope it's an interesting introduction to the rest of the story. I just hope that it explains something about the 02 kids, unless it's meant for one of the later movies.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Koumi

I haven't seen the film yet, but I heard that it has some actual Koumi moments in it. OMG, OMG, OMG! I so so so can't wait to see this! I'm taking my Tentomon and Palmon plushie with me along with my Koushirou and Mimi keychains with their crests attached.

Koumi aside, I hope it's an interesting introduction to the rest of the story. I just hope that it explains something about the 02 kids, unless it's meant for one of the later movies.

I guarantee you the 02 Quartet will play a role later, but for now, all they received was name drops during the 1st film.

And yes, I actually watched Reunion on Crunchyroll.

I guarantee you the 02 Quartet will play a role later, but for now, all they received was name drops during the 1st film.

And yes, I actually watched Reunion on Crunchyroll.

So was it truly Koumi friendly? Will I be disappointed with that aspect? lol

Ah man, that's awesome. I wonder when I'll be able to watch it.

EDIT: Apparently very sooner than I thought!

Some kind soul(or souls, I dunno) uploaded all 4 episodes of Reunion, so me and my sister just watched 2 of them! THIS IS AWESOME! I love it soooo much! So, they seem to be teasing us about Takari, hehehehe.

Edited by Guest

Okay, just got home. It was interesting, but I would like to watch it again with subs to make sure I fully understood everything.

The next movie will be released March 12.

Edited by Guest

After the theater let out, many people were talking about the poster there. So, does this mean that Imperialdramon is infected with a virus and everyone must fight them?

Darn you Toei! My curiosity level is high!

Had wondered what it would take for me to "return", now I know, Digimon Adventure tri! I enjoyed it, although I was disappointed with the -tri- remixes of Butterfly, I Wish and Brave Heart, however it was cool how "episodes" 2-4 had actual opening animation! I wonder if they're going to swap to a -tri- version "Keep on" some movie down the line!

So we now know why 02 children weren't in the promotional material, although their disappearance is almost like turning Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals! on its head, instead of the older children going missing, it's the 02 children!

Unless I'm misreading it, it seems -tri- has brought back Sora's indecision of Taichi or Yamato, given how she tries to dodge Yamato's invite to his concert by she noticing Taichi, and her stress at attending both Yamato's gig and Taichi's football match! Obviously we know what happens in the "end", unless we're now in an alternate universe, after all, we have new character, Meiko, and her partner Mei-chan!

Trying to make out the details of the Decision Poster, so Imperialdramon versus Zudomon, with Jou, Mimi, and ahhhh, now I can see, Lilymon, at first I thought it was Sora, then I thought it looks like Akari (Xros Wars), though it couldn't be, and now, I can see, it's Lilymon, once I thought "that doesn't look like a school uniform"!

I had planned to finish Xros Wars II before -tri- came out, but I didn't! Another thought that came to me was I should finish Re-Digitise before Decision is out, but then I realised I was thinking of Adventure (PSP), which I don't have :( - although I still should finish, and start Re-Digitise, just need to do it with a computer so I can simu-play a translated rom, as I don't think a transcript has been released!

Edited by Guest

After the theater let out, many people were talking about the poster there. So, does this mean that Imperialdramon is infected with a virus and everyone must fight them?

Darn you Toei! My curiosity level is high!

Would make sense. Consider this. At the start of "Reunion" we see the 02 CCs get defeated, but we don't see anything of their Digimon. It would make sense, if they(or at least Imperialdramon) are now under the control of either Alphaman or the infection.

@senshikoi, that's not Zudomon and Lilymon, those are VIKEMON AND ROSEMON, :D

Edited by Guest

...ah, had a feeling I could be wrong about Zudomon, the name of his evolution escaped me, but yes, quite true, thinking about it, there's no doubt that it's Rosemon rather than Lilymon, so, it may have taken over ten years, but we finally see everyone at Mega in animated form!

Edited by Guest

Had wondered what it would take for me to "return", now I know, Digimon Adventure tri! I enjoyed it, although I was disappointed with the -tri- remixes of Butterfly, I Wish and Brave Heart, however it was cool how "episodes" 2-4 had actual opening animation! I wonder if they're going to swap to a -tri- version "Keep on" some movie down the line!
I liked Brave Heart, but didn't really care for Butter-Fly or I Wish, but I liked how the film used bgm from 01 and 02.
So we now know why 02 children weren't in the promotional material, although their disappearance is almost like turning Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals! on its head, instead of the older children going missing, it's the 02 children!
Yeah, but at least the older kids were acknowledged by the 02 kids.
Unless I'm misreading it, it seems -tri- has brought back Sora's indecision of Taichi or Yamato, given how she tries to dodge Yamato's invite to his concert by she noticing Taichi, and her stress at attending both Yamato's gig and Taichi's football match!
It's just my opinion, but I do feel it's misreading. I think she was just being friendly when she saw Taichi. You know, if anything, it looks like Taichi still likes Sora. In the 02 Christmas episode, there was nothing to indicate that she liked Taichi in that way. The conversation for the original showed that. To me, it was obvious that Taichi liked Sora there. If Yamato and Sora aren't dating, kinda makes you wonder in movie 4 is canon. She and Yamato were clearly dating there.

Anywho, for movie 2, it seemed like Sora liked Taichi, but it was also mentioned by the series director that those who worked on the film missed the memo hence the Sora > Taichi hints.

Obviously we know what happens in the "end", unless we're now in an alternate universe, after all, we have new character, Meiko, and her partner Mei-chan!
I don't think it's an alternate universe, but it's still weird about the 02 kids.
Trying to make out the details of the Decision Poster, so Imperialdramon versus Zudomon, with Jou, Mimi, and ahhhh, now I can see, Lilymon, at first I thought it was Sora, then I thought it looks like Akari (Xros Wars), though it couldn't be, and now, I can see, it's Lilymon, once I thought "that doesn't look like a school uniform"!
Oh it's Rosemon and Vikemon, Palmon and Gomamon's ultimates/megas.

I had planned to finish Xros Wars II before -tri- came out, but I didn't! Another thought that came to me was I should finish Re-Digitise before Decision is out, but then I realised I was thinking of Adventure (PSP), which I don't have :( - although I still should finish, and start Re-Digitise, just need to do it with a computer so I can simu-play a translated rom, as I don't think a transcript has been released!

I have the Digimon Adventure RPG as I have a Japanese PSP. It's ok, but I wish the music was better and that you could stray from the linear paths to get something different. For example, the part where they had to rescue Sora I wish could've been different. There were two parties...Taichi's and Yamato's. In Yamato's team, you had to use Mimi. In Taichi's team, Koushirou and Jou, but you could choose which would be the distraction team and which would be the rescue team. The distraction team fought Etemon, the other Nanomon. Anyway, I just wish I could've had the freedom to choose the teams there.
Would make sense. Consider this. At the start of "Reunion" we see the 02 CCs get defeated, but we don't see anything of their Digimon. It would make sense, if they(or at least Imperialdramon) are now under the control of either Alphaman or the infection.
Some were theorizing that maybe the 02 kids are being imprisoned someplace, but yeah, that could explain why their Digimon weren't there. I didn't notice them either.

...ah, had a feeling I could be wrong about Zudomon, the name of his evolution escaped me, but yes, quite true, thinking about it, there's no doubt that it's Rosemon rather than Lilymon, so, it may have taken over ten years, but we finally see everyone at Mega in animated form!
Yeah, that'd be nice to see. Looked pretty cool for the game. At least we finally have a confirmed mega for Jou's Gomamon. I know years ago, it was between Marine Angemon and Pleisiomon (sp?). Edited by Guest

I liked Brave Heart, but didn't really care for Butter-Fly or I Wish, but I liked how the film used bgm from 01 and 02.Yeah, but at least the older kids were acknowledged by the 02 kids.It's just my opinion, but I do feel it's misreading. I think she was just being friendly when she saw Taichi. You know, if anything, it looks like Taichi still likes Sora. In the 02 Christmas episode, there was nothing to indicate that she liked Taichi in that way. The conversation for the original showed that. To me, it was obvious that Taichi liked Sora there. If Yamato and Sora aren't dating, kinda makes you wonder in movie 4 is canon. She and Yamato were clearly dating there.

Anywho, for movie 2, it seemed like Sora liked Taichi, but it was also mentioned by the series director that those who worked on the film missed the memo hence the Sora > Taichi hints.I don't think it's an alternate universe, but it's still weird about the 02 kids.Oh it's Rosemon and Vikemon, Palmon and Gomamon's ultimates/megas.I have the Digimon Adventure RPG as I have a Japanese PSP. It's ok, but I wish the music was better and that you could stray from the linear paths to get something different. For example, the part where they had to rescue Sora I wish could've been different. There were two parties...Taichi's and Yamato's. In Yamato's team, you had to use Mimi. In Taichi's team, Koushirou and Jou, but you could choose which would be the distraction team and which would be the rescue team. The distraction team fought Etemon, the other Nanomon. Anyway, I just wish I could've had the freedom to choose the teams there.

Yeah, that'd be nice to see. Looked pretty cool for the game. At least we finally have a confirmed mega for Jou's Gomamon. I know years ago, it was between Marine Angemon and Pleisiomon (sp?).

Watching -tri- again, the -tri- versions are growing on me, it's just they don't have the same punch the original version did, actually, Brave Heart -tri-, doesn't feel too different to the original! Wish they'd "kept" the original evolution sequence, although -tri- version's not too bad; actually need to compare the different series' evolution sequences at somepoint, felt some series had better ones than others! Agree with you about the BGM!

True, didn't mention it here, but did mention it on another thread, I think!

Hah right, I guess I'll have to re-watch Adventure and 02 again at somepoint, still even if it's not there, I still like the idea of a love triangle between Sora, Yamato and Taichi, or maybe just the tri-dynamic! It's a shame the amalgam-movie missed out Sora's apology e-mail back to Taichi! It could just be that Yamato and Sora are one of those "off again, on again, off again... on again" couples, maybe it's like Ross and Rachel in Friends, they were "on a break" ;)!

However could be that movie 4 is not canon, I mean we now know the girl with the bike that Jou borrowed isn't "Mrs Jou" ;) - plus if movie 4 is canon, then the dub makes Diaboromon a very sore loser, I mean the villain in all but one of the Adventure/02 movies... let's just check the dub didn't make him the villain in the first movie as well ;)!

Read yesterday that the poster that appeared behind Yamato and Sora in the picture Diaboromon was sending to everyone in movie 4, featured swearing in English, in the Japanese version, edited out in the dub! I also read that the amalgam-movie could have been released as movie 1 and 2, with movie 3 being released as a television movie, it's a shame something like this didn't happen, the dub movie might have come out better that way, in my opinion!

Apparently the synopsis for the amalgam-movie still mentions the disappearance of the original chosen children, even though that was cut! If -tri- does get dubbed, I think we might escape the introduction of pop songs into these movies, because if we look at the Pokémon movies, it's only the first movie that featured pop songs (can not watch that movie because of "Brother, My Brother"), the second movie only featured pop songs on its album, and by the third, gone all together!

So I think the dark days are behind us, plus if they use Crunchyroll's format, and make it into a series, I don't think we have to worry about pop songs at all! Wonder if they could get the rights to remix the song used during the Fox Kids era, or if they'll have to do what Disney did, and use music they have rights to - Disney also did a very bad photoshop for editing out or modifying original Japanese logo, even on the one movie whose series they did own?!

Anyway, there's still enough shipping to go around, I mean you've got the previously mentioned Koushiro and Mimi, and Hikari and Takeru, latter amuse me, in regards to the dialogue:

Takeru: I'm taking a friend to my brother's concert.

Hikari: [stops] So Takeru's a babe magnet.

Takeru: It's not like that... why is Hikari jealous?

Hikari: No way.

The new animation style makes it difficult for me to keep straight that the series is after 02, (hoping that this is not taken the wrong way) but Mimi looks less... developed in -tri- than she did in 02! Plus they've gone for the leaner Savers Greymon, rather than the dumpier Adventures one, but that's neither here nor there, it'd be stranger if they'd used Xros Wars Greymon ;)!

You mean 02 children's disappearance, or something else? Could be that Alphamon was able to snare children with a D-3, but not children with an Adventure Digivice, or a D-3 that "evolved" from an Adventure Digivice, after all, the D-3 are supposed to open portals to the Digital World, and a door works two ways, three if you use it as a surfboard; Alphamon had hoped to have the powers Shakkoumon and Silphymon as well as Imperialdramon, but unfortunately, as Hikari and Takeru had D-3 that were originally were Adventure Digivice, they couldn't be snared!

Was just wondering how they explain the introduction of Meiko, when she didn't appear originally, and thus didn't feature in the epilogue, even though she looks like she might become the *think about it* eighth and three-quarters chosen child -that's with counting Ken and his brother as "they" had an Adventure Digivice originally, hang on, that destroys the theory I mentioned above, damn!!

When thinking about why she does not appear in the epilogue (other than the fact she wasn't created at that point), characters such as Rhythm (Savers Movie) and Luca (Xros Wars) came to mind, non-human characters, resembling humans; is Meiko such a character? Probably not, given she moved from elsewhere in Japan, and has a regional dialect, but it could be a cover, plus Tentomon speaks in Kansai-ben, which just makes him awesome!

Thanks, EmperorQuinmon pointed that out as well, although it seems you saw that, and replied to my next post later further down!

Ah right, well if the story grabs me (probably should, it's a game version of Adventure), I will probably not notice its linear nature, I mean people tell me they didn't like the linear nature of Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't notice, as the story had grabbed hold of me!

You and I must have been looking at the same websites way back when, I'm aware of those theories too, even mentioned them in another thread! I know Angewomon evolves into Orphanimon in Adventure (PSP), so do you think -tri- is going to do the same, or stick to movie 3, and use Magnadramon?

Edited by Guest

Watching -tri- again, the -tri- versions are growing on me, it's just they don't have the same punch the original version did, actually, Brave Heart -tri-, doesn't feel too different to the original! [/Quote]That's probably why I liked Braveheart. lol
Wish they'd "kept" the original evolution sequence, although -tri- version's not too bad; actually need to compare the different series' evolution sequences at somepoint, felt some series had better ones than others!
I just didn't care for them in this film. I guess I prefer dark backgrounds to bright ones and prefer a more simplistic style.
Agree with you about the BGM!
Yeah, so glad they used them.
Hah right, I guess I'll have to re-watch Adventure and 02 again at somepoint, still even if it's not there, I still like the idea of a love triangle between Sora, Yamato and Taichi, or maybe just the tri-dynamic! It's a shame the amalgam-movie missed out Sora's apology e-mail back to Taichi! It could just be that Yamato and Sora are one of those "off again, on again, off again... on again" couples, maybe it's like Ross and Rachel in Friends, they were "on a break" !
Hm, in the Valentine drama, which would've taken place in February 2003, the Adventure Digimon kinda fake armor evolve at the end. Piyomon was parrot like and was repeating something Sora had obviously told her privately, wondering about Yamato's love for her. Also in the same drama, before the evo stuff, Sora, Miyako, and the others were trapped and Yamato put himself in an embarrassing situation as a way to distract whatever the Digimon was and even shouted to Sora in public that he loved her.

However could be that movie 4 is not canon, I mean we now know the girl with the bike that Jou borrowed isn't "Mrs Jou" - plus if movie 4 is canon, then the dub makes Diaboromon a very sore loser, I mean the villain in all but one of the Adventure/02 movies... let's just check the dub didn't make him the villain in the first movie as well !

I've never seen the dub of movie 4. Didn't know there was one, actually. I did see Digimon the Movie and loathed it...but I blamed that on my having seen the originals first. I'd imported copies at the time.

That aside, out of the Adventure films, I'm pretty sure movie 3 would be a standalone and non-canon given when it was released. Seems it was just promoting the Golden Digimentals which would be featured in the show a few weeks later.

Read yesterday that the poster that appeared behind Yamato and Sora in the picture Diaboromon was sending to everyone in movie 4, featured swearing in English, in the Japanese version, edited out in the dub! I also read that the amalgam-movie could have been released as movie 1 and 2, with movie 3 being released as a television movie, it's a shame something like this didn't happen, the dub movie might have come out better that way, in my opinion!

Maybe...but movie 3 probably still would've been horrendous, but I guess it's because I hate the dub with an extreme passion. Adventure is the only series I've seen dubbed all the way through. A ways into 02, I couldn't tolerate it and dropped it. It felt off to me, especially the "Davis" bashing which never felt right. In the original, Daisuke isn't bashed or disrespected by his friends at all.

That aside, they all should've been TV specials because of their lengths.

Apparently the synopsis for the amalgam-movie still mentions the disappearance of the original chosen children, even though that was cut! If -tri- does get dubbed, I think we might escape the introduction of pop songs into these movies, because if we look at the Pokémon movies, it's only the first movie that featured pop songs (can not watch that movie because of "Brother, My Brother"), the second movie only featured pop songs on its album, and by the third, gone all together!
I've only seen the first Pokemon movie dubbed. Only songs I remember is that song by M2M and the Vacation movie by Vitamin C.
So I think the dark days are behind us, plus if they use Crunchyroll's format, and make it into a series, I don't think we have to worry about pop songs at all! Wonder if they could get the rights to remix the song used during the Fox Kids era, or if they'll have to do what Disney did, and use music they have rights to - Disney also did a very bad photoshop for editing out or modifying original Japanese logo, even on the one movie whose series they did own?!
Interesting. Didn't know about Disney.

Anyway, there's still enough shipping to go around, I mean you've got the previously mentioned Koushiro and Mimi, and Hikari and Takeru, latter amuse me, in regards to the dialogue:

Takeru: I'm taking a friend to my brother's concert.

Hikari: [stops] So Takeru's a babe magnet.

Takeru: It's not like that... why is Hikari jealous?

Hikari: No way.

I thought the dialogue was cute and funny. I also thought everyone's reaction to Jou having a girlfriend was hilarious. I can understand the surprise given that he's always busy with his studies.
The new animation style makes it difficult for me to keep straight that the series is after 02, (hoping that this is not taken the wrong way) but Mimi looks less... developed in -tri- than she did in 02! Plus they've gone for the leaner Savers Greymon, rather than the dumpier Adventures one, but that's neither here nor there, it'd be stranger if they'd used Xros Wars Greymon !
Yeah he did seem leaner.
You mean 02 children's disappearance, or something else?
The lack of an explanation for the 02 kids' absences.
Could be that Alphamon was able to snare children with a D-3, but not children with an Adventure Digivice, or a D-3 that "evolved" from an Adventure Digivice, after all, the D-3 are supposed to open portals to the Digital World, and a door works two ways, three if you use it as a surfboard; Alphamon had hoped to have the powers Shakkoumon and Silphymon as well as Imperialdramon, but unfortunately, as Hikari and Takeru had D-3 that were originally were Adventure Digivice, they couldn't be snared!
In that case, Ken shouldn't have been there. Ken, Takeru, and Hikari were the veterans of the group. Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori were the newbs. Ken had an original model Digivice too before it became a D3 and had adventures in the Digital World with Ryou before Ryou vanished after movie 2's events.

Was just wondering how they explain the introduction of Meiko, when she didn't appear originally, and thus didn't feature in the epilogue, even though she looks like she might become the *think about it* eighth and three-quarters chosen child -that's with counting Ken and his brother as "they" had an Adventure Digivice originally, hang on, that destroys the theory I mentioned above, damn!!

lol

There are many Chosens, but only a select few have crests. 02's epilogue explained that. Also, there were a lot of kids with regular model Digivices shown in 02.

When thinking about why she does not appear in the epilogue (other than the fact she wasn't created at that point), characters such as Rhythm (Savers Movie) and Luca (Xros Wars) came to mind, non-human characters, resembling humans; is Meiko such a character? Probably not, given she moved from elsewhere in Japan, and has a regional dialect, but it could be a cover, plus Tentomon speaks in Kansai-ben, which just makes him awesome!

Tottori, if I recall correctly. Her dialect wasn't too different, but it is west Japan...maybe she did and I just don't recall. It's way more obvious with characters like Tentomon and Armadimon (Nagoya-ben).
Ah right, well if the story grabs me (probably should, it's a game version of Adventure), I will probably not notice its linear nature, I mean people tell me they didn't like the linear nature of Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't notice, as the story had grabbed hold of me!
I just would've preferred more choices.
You and I must have been looking at the same websites way back when, I'm aware of those theories too, even mentioned them in another thread! I know Angewomon evolves into Orphanimon in Adventure (PSP), so do you think -tri- is going to do the same, or stick to movie 3, and use Magnadramon?
I think they'll use Ophanimon. Back then, Holydramon existed, but Ophanimon didn't yet. Seems a better fit for Seraphimon anyway since they seem to like having these two complement one another given their elements.

That's probably why I liked Braveheart. lolI just didn't care for them in this film. I guess I prefer dark backgrounds to bright ones and prefer a more simplistic style.Yeah, so glad they used them.Hm, in the Valentine drama, which would've taken place in February 2003, the Adventure Digimon kinda fake armor evolve at the end. Piyomon was parrot like and was repeating something Sora had obviously told her privately, wondering about Yamato's love for her. Also in the same drama, before the evo stuff, Sora, Miyako, and the others were trapped and Yamato put himself in an embarrassing situation as a way to distract whatever the Digimon was and even shouted to Sora in public that he loved her.I've never seen the dub of movie 4. Didn't know there was one, actually. I did see Digimon the Movie and loathed it...but I blamed that on my having seen the originals first. I'd imported copies at the time.

That aside, out of the Adventure films, I'm pretty sure movie 3 would be a standalone and non-canon given when it was released. Seems it was just promoting the Golden Digimentals which would be featured in the show a few weeks later.Maybe...but movie 3 probably still would've been horrendous, but I guess it's because I hate the dub with an extreme passion. Adventure is the only series I've seen dubbed all the way through. A ways into 02, I couldn't tolerate it and dropped it. It felt off to me, especially the "Davis" bashing which never felt right. In the original, Daisuke isn't bashed or disrespected by his friends at all.

That aside, they all should've been TV specials because of their lengths.I've only seen the first Pokemon movie dubbed. Only songs I remember is that song by M2M and the Vacation movie by Vitamin C.Interesting. Didn't know about Disney.I thought the dialogue was cute and funny. I also thought everyone's reaction to Jou having a girlfriend was hilarious. I can understand the surprise given that he's always busy with his studies.Yeah he did seem leaner.The lack of an explanation for the 02 kids' absences.In that case, Ken shouldn't have been there. Ken, Takeru, and Hikari were the veterans of the group. Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori were the newbs. Ken had an original model Digivice too before it became a D3 and had adventures in the Digital World with Ryou before Ryou vanished after movie 2's events.lol

There are many Chosens, but only a select few have crests. 02's epilogue explained that. Also, there were a lot of kids with regular model Digivices shown in 02.Tottori, if I recall correctly. Her dialect wasn't too different, but it is west Japan...maybe she did and I just don't recall. It's way more obvious with characters like Tentomon and Armadimon (Nagoya-ben).I just would've preferred more choices.I think they'll use Ophanimon. Back then, Holydramon existed, but Ophanimon didn't yet. Seems a better fit for Seraphimon anyway since they seem to like having these two complement one another given their elements.

Hehe, indeed! Thinking about it, the -tri- evolution sequence reminds me of the Tamers evolution sequence, I believe it also featured an "egg", but a "matrix" theme rather than code! It's cool when familiar music pops up, it's like in Pokémon, when they use an adaptation of the game music, or feature music from one of the movies!

Is that the one with CheerGalmon? Heard of it, and think I read a transcript, or overview, but I believe that was when the original forum was still going :D!

Yeah, Disney dubbed it with the Tamers movies and Frontier movie to promote Savers, so showcased the four movies pretty much on top of each other, or something like that! I can tell you from experience of watching the amalgam-movie and then the original movies, you can still grow to hate the dub movie ;)!

Actually mentioned in the "...The Eng Dub's Charm" thread my views on the dub (movie), probably not the best place to voice them :? - I mentioned how after watching the original movies you notice things like: anomalous actions - in the original movie 3, Daisuke asks some kids the way to Summer Memory, and they point the way, whereas in the dub he doesn't ask them for directions, yet they still have their fingers pointing (the way to Summer Memory); Hikari's "Hey kid [Wallace]!" or something to that effect, Laura Jill Miller's flat dialogue, but then Hikari in that scene was "flat", as the original "energy" of the scene completely different; Mimi didn't appear in the sequence with the older chosen children in the dub (but then she was spirited away right in front of Hikari and Takeru, so might have been difficult to keep her in, when the whole spirited away plot was removed)!

The dub's method of how Miyako, Daisuke and Iori travel to, and around America annoyed me (frequent flyer miles, uncle's taxi firm, Pizza Guy, etc.), but I can see the reason why they did it, I mean keeping in hitchhiking and accepting lifts of strangers would probably have caused parents en-masse to storm Fox Head Office!

Heh, probably, but it would have been given more of a chance if it had been a separate movie, less editing, probably! Apparently the amalgam-movie's only eighty mintues long because Saban lacked funding to produce a two hour movie! I don't hink I got the full effect of the "Davis bashing", as 02 got split into two parts on UK terrestrial television; maybe it wasn't popular and got dropped, and brought back as people e-mailed and/or wrote in asking for it back, can't remember at what point it stopped, so perhaps it was after they got to the Digimon Kaiser, and thought the series had finished, until some months later they noticed there were unopened "tapes" of 02 ;)!

I actually watched a bit of the German version of 02 (uncut Digimon), as a friend of mine access had RTL II for a while! After 02, I watched a bit of Tamers (dub) before it was dropped by terrestrial television, and it wasn't until Xros Wars, that Digimon returned to UK terrestrial (Frontier didn't come to UK at all, and Savers was on a Digital only channel), not watched much of the Xros Wars dub, disappointed they renamed Akari, although surprised that they kept in the next episode preview, that's usually something that's cut from kid's dub anime! It was also interesting they renamed Xros Wars, given the American use of "X-ing", etc.!

Yeah, "Brother, My Brother" is later on, it's when it's a mass battle of clones versus originals! Ruined forever, that said, I kinda prefer some of the other movies, like the second and fifth anyway :D - second ones got some corny dialogue:

Melody: [reading Legend] The world will turn to ash.

Misty: Ash, the Legend's talking about you.

Ash: Right now I wish my mom had named me Bob instead.

Actually speaking of character bashing, there was quite a bit of "Ash Bashing" going on courtesy of Misty, so I think that might have been why I preferred Advance Generation, with May, although as with Tamers, Advanced got dropped on terrestrial, and didn't re-appear until Diamond and Pearl, then they went backwards to Battle Frontier, forwards to Battle Dimensions, Galactic Battle, Sinnoh League Victors, X&Y, and then further back to cover all of Advance Generation they'd previously missed out - that was pretty crazy, shame Universal isn't as on top with UK releases of the movies, after all, they stated they were the English Language distributors for the movies, and yet there's been nothing for the UK after Movie 15!

Yeah, Disney used an instrumental rendition of their Frontier opening and evolution theme for openings and evolutions respectively, and some poor photoshop skills, actually I think there are some differences in the music depending on the movie, I'm actually making myself curious about comparing them, luckily I don't think I feel up to putting in the effort required to do so (plug in the hard drive they're on, copy the files over, etc. :D)!

True, that was amusing, although unless it was just the translation, Jou said that he doesn't have time to find a girlfriend, rather than he's looking for, or has one, but then maybe he does say just that ("I don't even have time to find a girlfriend") and whilst I take that as a statement he doesn't have time to do anything but study, others see it as a declaration that he wants a girlfriend!

I guess it'll be explained in a later movie, although the lack of acknowledgement of their disappearance is the most worrying thing, though I might have to re-watch episode 1 and pause it on the scene with Maki Himekawa's laptop as she seemed to have GPS tracker locations of the chosen children, not sure if that included Daisuke, Ken, Miyako and Iori, or if they had "lost markers" assigned to them!

As you noticed, I did realise that later! I forget about the WonderSwan stories, but that's because I haven't played them, that said, outside of Rumble Arena, not played any Digimon games; when I was younger I had an aversion to games that didn't represent scale properly, so the mismatched sizes of Digimon to Partners and World Map put me off the Digimon World games, saddened by that now!

As mentioned I do have Re-Digitise for PSP, and I even have Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, but outside switching them on, and seeing what they're like, haven't done anything else, simply because there are other games I was playing, plus having a translation to follow would be good, which for De-Digitise, last time I checked, only came as part of a translated rom, they hadn't released a transcript, so I'd basically have to simu-play my actual copy and the rom - blown away at the graphics to the opening animation of Re-Digitise though! Want to play Digimon World Data Squad at somepoint, but unfortunately that's for the PS2, and wasn't released in the UK!

True, although it seemed like she might be entering into the fold with the main chosen children, and if that was the case, she should have appeared in the epilogue; this'll be where a special edition of the epilogue digitally adds her peering from around a tree :D! Other thing is that Mei-chan must be special, else why would Alphamon be after her, and special Digimon are usually used for main chosen children, I'd think!

Daguya! Yes, believe that was it, I don't know, but when Meiko and Mei-chan expressed their gratitude, Crunchyroll used "Ta much" as a way to express Meiko's different dialect!

True, Orphanimon does compliment Seraphimon, plus I felt it strange that she goes from beast type Digimon, to human type Digimon, and then back to beast, makes me think of Pinocchio in Shrek 2, when he gets turned into a real boy, briefly - "I'm a real boy, I'm a real boy, I'm a-" is turned back into a puppet!

Still the fact she has a beast and human mega form does make it interesting from a Frontier standing, given the three Holy Digimon in that series are Orphanimon, Seraphimon and Cherubimon, a two-one split in "favour" of human type, but Serphamon could be Magnadramon instead, and it'd be a two-one split in "favour" of beast type!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the double post, but new less blurry poster for the next movie has surfaced, heck there might even be a better one than this, but stumbled onto this one with no effort, just noticed someone had updated the -tri- page on Digimon wikia, so thought I'd have a look:

digimon-adventure-tri-episode-2-poster.thumb.jpg.9cf68e7d41ba61945f3eb382591e2012.jpg

Edited by Guest

...I'm sure that poster was larger yesterday, rather around ten hours ago!

Well he is older, he can't show weakness in front of his kouhai ;)! Or perhaps it's just the moment of realisation, as Rosemon picks up Mimi, and Mimi says "Jou-senpai, I'll leave this to you!"

Why have I only just come across this poster now?

Digimonadventure_tri_poster6.jpg.3fd876dacb95f242794b56eb7aa7b45f.jpg

It well should not have been "hidden", it should have featured in a trailer with (this poster and) an awesome transition sequence with Butterfly playing in the background!

EDIT: Or a lenticular poster in the real world!

Edited by Guest

It's cool how it's done in the 90s style, I could be mistaken for believing this was made then, unless it was made then, then rather than a case of "Why have I only just come across this poster now?", it would be more a case of"WHY have I ONLY JUST come across THIS poster NOW!?"

It's interesting to not the differences between the two posters; vegetation is overgrown in the "-tri-" poster, with the windows missing on the tram, and pylons leaning one way or the other! Sora tilting her head (in the "Adventure" poster is very cute!

Why have I only just come across this poster now?

Digimonadventure_tri_poster6.jpg.695d7175db1b27bbf92c068d80602be6.jpg

It well should not have been "hidden", it should have featured in a trailer with (this poster and) an awesome transition sequence with Butterfly playing in the background!

EDIT: Or a lenticular poster in the real world!

CDJapan was selling that Ensky 2-sided 500 piece puzzle, only for it get sold out before it even got released!

• Like 1

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.my/2015/12/tri-ketsui-info-animedia-feburary-issue.html

Apparently, this is floating around. Some info regarding the upcoming movie in March. Apparently, since she's back in Japan, Mimi wants to go to an onsen and by the description, seems she'll be going to the Oedo Onsen Monogatari. She wants to do this to welcome in Meiko.

This bothers me on many levels, personally. I like the idea of them visiting that particular onsen (I've always been curious about it and I'm surely never going to get a chance to probably go lol) and I have no problem with Mimi wanting to welcome in a new friend to join her, Sora, and Hikari, but I hate the fact that NOTHING was mentioned about the 02 kids here. What about frickin' Miyako? Seriously, Mimi and Miyako acted like sisters.

Anywho, as for Jou, he's conflicted with his upcoming exams and a bit bothered over the fact that Digimon are causing trouble again. It's interfering with his school life.

Apparently, there'll be an infected Ogremon or something and Koushirou will get into a spat with Mimi over fighting it. I dunno.

I'm sure more will be revealed later on, but if the movies continue going down the path of ignoring the 02 kids or having the characters in-universe ignoring their actual existence, then this will probably be my most disliked thing to ever come out of the Adventure universe...although, there's an interview with this series director, I think and was asked what each child would do for Christmas. With Hikari, he mentioned that she would be with her good childhood friend for a party and how they would talk about boys (Daisuke, Takeru) and other girlish things...so there is still some hope.

Edit: Here it is... Adventure kids' Christmas plans. It was the producer, not the director.

http://s11.postimg.org/t09bg6gb7/Unbenannt.png

This Year Is Special! We’ve Delivered Q&A Vol. 2!

How Grown-Up Taichi And His Friends Will Spend Christmas ♡

Yagami Taichi: Taichi can probably have a short break after a preliminary match of the winter soccer championship. He might invite his close teammates to his house and have a big party with them. Being young guys, they will have yaminabe as a prank for fun. Even if they go too far, Agumon will eat up everything. I guess they’ll enjoy the boys’ hotpot party.

Ishida Yamato: Maybe as an annual custom, Yamato will hold a Christmas concert and sing a new song with his new band. He might also prepare to perform some sweet Christmas songs for his fans. Uniting with them, he will have an exciting gig.

Takenouchi Sora: Sora will go to Yamato’s concert with Motomiya Jun. She still can’t get into Jun’s aggressive moshing. However, she might get carried away by Yamato’s voice and watch over him fondly.

Tachikawa Mimi: Mimi will host a Christmas party. She will invite Michael (who is from America), Koushirou, and other friends and have fun with them. She might welcome everyone with her amazingly creative cooking, such as “kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream”. Everyone will be enjoying them.

Izumi Koushirou: Koushirou will be forcibly invited to Mimi’s party. He will talk in English with Michael, because he has improved his English recently. They might get excited to talk about the SAT college admissions test and recent IT companies.

Kido Jou: Unfortunately, a very important entrance exam is coming up soon. It’s time for Jou to begin his final cramming sessions. He knows it and he’s been studying very hard at home and without play. He might excuse himself from Mimi’s party between sobs.

Takaishi Takeru: Takeru might assist Yamato with his concert. To create a good mood he will invite lots of girls from his school and have fun. If he writes a blog about the concert later, he’ll probably take it upon himself to document everything.

Yagami Hikari: Hikari will attend a Christmas party hosted by a close classmate she’s known since elementary school. They might talk about boys such as Takeru and Daisuke, etc.. The party will heat up with girl talk.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic