☆Wicked's Chat Corner!☆

xWickedNekox

Thanks for that then

4 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Ancient?  Hmm...most of my friends are ancient.  Comes with the territory. :D

Really cause im 3-9 lol though i prefer to be a ghostly potato

8 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

If it's any consolation, most of the people I end up talking to at work are 40+ and most of the people I read about are dead, so...there's that. lol

Though i.don't act my age cause im weird and cool lol

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

True for the most part, that comment is more reserved for the person that thinks throwing chairs across the room is an acceptable form of a joke, or belittling people on social media is a means to make them money or fame.  You know, common sense stuff that should be common sense, but surprisingly isn't anymore.

As they say though common sense is not always common knowledge. Though on the whole I do fully agree its best to see people as they are, and know their value far beyond material worth. 

24 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Seeing someone as they are, and classifying it as acceptable are two different things.  It's kind of like when your teacher in high school asked the students to quiet down.  It's reasonable for the class to slowly begin to quiet down.  The unreasonable and unacceptable reaction is a student throwing a bunch of profanity at the teacher.  Saying that's just how they are isn't really beneficial to the class nor that student.

Another example is if you're giving a presentation at a conference and your topic was on some very specific topic, and someone only wants to ask questions about something that isn't even in your field.  That's probably not acceptable either.

Might be the Army talking.  But there's a fine line of accepting a persons ACTIONS, and seeing/accepting them as the person they are.

True that, and point well made sorry I may have misunderstood exactly where that convo was going, Though yes I was saying that accepting people for as they are, and having understanding is important.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lelouch said:

Question how did u get your Tsundere userbar ?

I can’t see what you’re talking about (is theirs special/ different?) if not, go to your profile and edit it by choosing your favorite character type. I think that should do it. If not, then I suck 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

I can’t see what you’re talking about (is theirs special/ different?) if not, go to your profile and edit it by choosing your favorite character type. I think that should do it. If not, then I suck 🤣

Thank you for the info much appreciated  😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seshi said:

What storm?

Tests my doctor always asks for, even though the past tests have all been within a good enough range to not really need them as much, and how my defensive capabilities are diminished because of the people doing the tests for them and the annoyance of their procedure, which would become an even greater hindrance if and when life changes crop up again.

Oh Drs.. shit, sorry. I hate when the staff isn’t constant. I’ve got one good thing going for my doctors office and that’s the staff has been constant for the past 5 years and they do well to remember their patients 

3 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Oh Drs.. shit, sorry. I hate when the staff isn’t constant. I’ve got one good thing going for my doctors office and that’s the staff has been constant for the past 5 years and they do well to remember their patients 

I do not have troubles with staff not being constant, but I can imagine it being a hassle.

For me, it is how these people do not realize that they are making people hate themselves because of a number based on a scale that is prone to inaccuracy and is not ideal for people, based on their age and other factors, such as whether they are sedentary or active, with the former being a big problem for most of America.

Plus, because of the heavy reliance on specialization and the blind trust we tend to have for authority, there are occasions in which the recommendation made is a terrible choice, yet people are pushing you hard into making that possibly terrible choice before you even have a chance to actually weigh the pros and cons.

• Like 1

Most definitely, which is probably why western medicine looks like a joke now, in addition to the fact that both doctors and patients are apathetic (not all, of course, but a large enough amount that western medicine does not seem to be as great as it did before).