The Minecraft Topic

So I got the Nether Update today a day late lol. I did a bit of exploring, and I have to say its quite an improvement to the game. Far more so then probably the last two big updates have been. There is actually a reason to go to the nether now. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made with 100% genuine wool from a pink sheep.  None of this dyed-after-the-fact stuff.  Accept no imitations! X

Better than a villager...I put iron doors on my homes sometimes to keep them out. Inconvenient but necessary. Me thinks you will be having steaks tonight

i played MC with a friend before (it was...fun but also "what the f*ck", or "is that a pen*s tower ?"-ish, majority was pen*s tower though,  he also did a "tail red" building, which is 9/10, cous

Posted Images

On 6/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, Geano said:

So I got the Nether Update today a day late lol. I did a bit of exploring, and I have to say its quite an improvement to the game. Far more so then probably the last two big updates have been. There is actually a reason to go to the nether now. 

I've been trying to find time to play since it dropped but this annoying "life" thing keeps getting in the way.  😢  Maybe this weekend I'll get some time.

My brother says the Nether is now full of Endermen, or at least the interesting new places are.  Sounds annoying.  :)

12 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I've been trying to find time to play since it dropped but this annoying "life" thing keeps getting in the way.  😢  Maybe this weekend I'll get some time.

My brother says the Nether is now full of Endermen, or at least the interesting new places are.  Sounds annoying.  :)

Yet in one of the new biomes they spawn which is sorta odd to me right now, but I'm sure I'll adjust. 

• 3 months later...

This topic looks like it could use some love so I thought I'd post a quick preview of what's coming in 1.17.  Looks pretty cool!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Noticed this on youtube's "recommended" panel & took a trip down memory lane.  (I think I watched the first several hundred of these all those years ago.)  Apparently the guy's still going strong now over 10 years later.  Still hasn't made it to the Far Lands either.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note that optifine for mc 1.16.4 and .5 is available on the optifine download page.  That's a sure sign that the 1.17 release of the game is imminent but I went ahead and installed it so I can enjoy a shader-enabled mc again, at least for a few moments.  :D

(below using optifine for 1.16.5, Sildurs shaders, and a 64x resource pack called "Steven's Traditional" on an old RX480 gfx card.)

2021-01-31_13_46_25.thumb.png.cf422b5e9b7e8669b95b0832fb5b8a71.png2021-01-31_13_53_19.thumb.png.863491efdfee1250b70c6e01264f0b4c.png

I was thinking about reinstalling the RLCraft modpack on a local server but the modpack needs v1.12.2 and 1.12.2 needs java 8.  I've got java 11 - which I need for other things - so .. not happening.  Unfortunate, but probably for the best, all things considered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Largest creation on 2b2t to date?  A giant pekora likeness made out of 2.1M blocks of obsidian.  Some people have way too much time on their hands.  :D

Edited by efaardvark