efaardvark

Building working Macross fighters in Kerbal Space Program

So there's this guy, "Colonel Cbplayer", who's built actual working mecha fighters based on the Macross franchise using my fav game, Kerbal Space Program.  When I say "working" I mean everything, including flying, fighting, and transforming.  (Sometimes all at once!)  He's even got a video on his youtube channel of the YF19 and YF21 fighting.  Pretty insane, especially considering that the base game doesn't have weapons, or even real hinges.

I'd love to try this myself, but with the old GPU and FX processor in my system I'd be lucky if I got single-digit frame rates.  :D Not that I have the time for it anyway I guess.

This post instigated by a recent Kotaku article...

https://kotaku.com/kerbal-space-program-can-do-transforming-macross-fighte-1831242407

His youtube channel is here:

• Like 1

This is pretty damn awesome if I do say so. I have always liked games where you can build this sort of thing. Robotics in particular holds a strong interest for me here.

Impressive what you can achieve with sufficient programming skills and dedication. Thanks for sharing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By efaardvark
      Blizzard has apparently (re)released the original, 1996 version of Diablo.  Via GOG of all places.  For anyone not familiar with GOG (Good Old Games), they're a place to (legally) purchase unrestricted games.  None of the games on GOG have DRM or require "activation" or online connection to a mothership or any of that sort of nonsense to play.  You buy it, you download it, and you play it.  "You bought it, you own it" is their motto.  Anyone who's familiar with Blizzard, on the other hand, knows they don't do non-DRM.  (Diablo is, currently, the only Blizzard title on GOG.)  Ok, so 1996 was a while ago.  This is no doubt a last-gasp attempt to get some money from the title.  Still, to me it seems quite odd to see a Blizzard title on GOG..

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
      (also https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/03/original-diablo-is-now-on-sale-for-10-drm-free-but-not-on-blizzards-app/ )

• By BleachKing96
      Not really an extremely impressive piece of art but I made this when I was planning the site I wanted to make and I don't know why but I'm so proud of it so there it is 😂

• By AmandaxCod
      share your best PewDiePie meme of 2018
    • By Otakuu
      Any anime from 2018 that you could watch over and over again.
    • By awesomedude20
      SO, SSSS.Gridman just finished.
      Thoughts?
      And if you haven't seen it by chance.... do that.

(Ah and be wary of spoilers past this point. You don't want this spoiled.)
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!