awesomedude20

SSSS.Gridman

958.gif

SO, SSSS.Gridman just finished.

Thoughts?

And if you haven't seen it by chance.... do that.

(Ah and be wary of spoilers past this point. You don't want this spoiled.)

Edited by awesomedude20

On 12/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, awesomedude20 said:

And if you haven't seen it by chance.... do that.

So, I'd initially dropped this series early on, but decided to give it another chance since a lot of people are speaking very highly of it. I'm currently about halfway through & it's well on the way to being my favorite series of the Fall 2018 season which pretty much guarantees it a spot on my Top 10 of 2018. Will post more once I've finished

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Just finished rewatching with a friend.

If anyone has questions, I might have answers ;D

So, just finished this series and still probably need things to sink in a bit but my theory at the moment is

the girl they show waking up at the end of is Akane and everything that happened was inside her dream

Need a bit more time to really put my thoughts together, but it was quite the ride and in all likelihood my favorite series from the fall season

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

So, just finished this series and still probably need things to sink in a bit but my theory at the moment is

Hide contents

the girl they show waking up at the end of is Akane and everything that happened was inside her dream

Need a bit more time to really put my thoughts together, but it was quite the ride and in all likelihood my favorite series from the fall season

It was NOT just a dream. Within the world of Gridman lore, there's the real world, and there are virtual worlds. They are every bit as real as the "real" world, despite being virtual. So while I personally do not know how she made this world in its entirety, aside from perhaps Alexis making it for her, that virtual world will absolutely continue existing on its own. Akane may have woken up from being the god of that world, but that world carries on nonetheless.

• Informative 1

Ah, I see. So as my observation suggests, I have zero experience with Gridman prior to this series. That & the fact that I've never really been into tokusatsu franchises was one of the reasons I dropped it early on. Still, even though there may have been times I enjoyed the show with a wrong understanding, it doesn't change the fact that I did enjoy it. And the overall message that came across to me was

she wanted to escape from the annoyances of her normal world to one where she could control things, even though it turned out she was being manipulated, And in the end she realizes she need to live in the "real world" even with all it's problems

Edited by Ohiotaku

2 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Ah, I see. So as my observation suggests, I have zero experience with Gridman prior to this series. That & the fact that I've never really been into tokusatsu franchises was one of the reasons I dropped it early on. Still, even though there may have been times I enjoyed the show with a wrong understanding, it doesn't change the fact that I did enjoy it. And the overall message that came across to me was

Hide contents

she wanted to escape from the annoyances of her normal world to one where she could control things, even though it turned out she was being manipulated, And in the end she realizes she need to live in the "real world" even with all it's problems

Basically yes. The show's main moral is that it's okay to escape from the real world for a while to get a grip on things, but to always remember to never simply try to run away or avoid your problems, as that doesn't solve anything.

This is the best thing I've seen anyone say about the show:

FRXaF4j.jpg

• Like 1

Haha. When i first saw this post i was thinking of Gridman from Megaman: 

350?cb=20110125104941

So from what i understand this is a mecha series? When i have time i'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

More like Ultraman & Kamen Rider

8 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

More like Ultraman & Kamen Rider

This might as well be a mecha series. Ultraman is like power rangers and you know that at the end they always faced off against a giant monster with combined robot parts. 

I happen to like mecha series ever since Super robot wars so this works out.

SSSS.Gridman isn't actually technically a mecha series. Kinda looks like one, but it isn't ;D

Fantastic series though, hope you enjoy it @Crevanille

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, you will likely have questions. I can probably answer them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ashukatski
      Sup ladies and gents, thought I'd get your opinion on the upcoming anime Sewayaki Kitsune No Senko-San. Originally, I started out reading the manga and I can't help the excitement I'm feeling for this show. I absolutely loved it's manga counterpart and can't wait to see Senko-San and all the other amazing characters come to life in the animation. I'm really hyped for this show and can't wait to see it in the form of an anime~! Anyways, how are you all feeling about it??

• By violet
      this year many of the anime that will be released have even been released , but there are some bad or very good anime to watch if you want it in terms of the storyline or the characters from the anime story, all of it from the attitude of the audience and from the judgment of each but in my opinion there are some of the newest anime that are the best in terms of anything even though there are still some shortcomings
       the best anime in 2019 
      1 . Tate No yusha no nariagari

title  : Tate no yuusha no nariagari (立てない遊舎のなりあがり)
                                                                                      Ratting score : 8.51
                                                                                      Produser : Glovision , Kadokawa , Crunchyroll Anime SC Fund
                                                                                      Status : Ongoing
                                                                                      total episode : 25
                                                                                      Duration : 24 mnt / episode
                                                                                      Release date : jan 9. 2019
                                                                                      Studio : Kinema Citrus
                                                                                      Genre : Action , Adventure , Drama , Fantasy , Romance , Seinen

Contact 
       @violet

• By efaardvark
      Blizzard has apparently (re)released the original, 1996 version of Diablo.  Via GOG of all places.  For anyone not familiar with GOG (Good Old Games), they're a place to (legally) purchase unrestricted games.  None of the games on GOG have DRM or require "activation" or online connection to a mothership or any of that sort of nonsense to play.  You buy it, you download it, and you play it.  "You bought it, you own it" is their motto.  Anyone who's familiar with Blizzard, on the other hand, knows they don't do non-DRM.  (Diablo is, currently, the only Blizzard title on GOG.)  Ok, so 1996 was a while ago.  This is no doubt a last-gasp attempt to get some money from the title.  Still, to me it seems quite odd to see a Blizzard title on GOG..

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
      (also https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/03/original-diablo-is-now-on-sale-for-10-drm-free-but-not-on-blizzards-app/ )

• By GeorgeAnime
      The Kissanime are most loved movies that numerous people watch. There are specific websites where Kissanime is streamed. The Kissanime site is one such well-known site. You could watch the total scenes on the Kissanime. The Eromanga sensei Kissanime is one such extraordinary series. It is a Japanese light novel drama series that has been composed by Tsukasa Fushimi. It has an entire set of seasons that you could watch with your eyes stuck on the screen.
      The story here rotates around the secondary school pupil Masamune Izumi. This specific child adores composing light novel books. Be that as it may, he doesn't have imaginative expertise, yet there is one individual who encourages him to compose his books. It is his mysterious accomplice under the pen name "Sensei," He has an energy for composing stories, and he likes to get assistance from his obscure accomplice. Later on in the last piece of the series, he becomes more acquainted with that his sister has the entire lifetime helped him with composing his books thus he is extremely thankful to his family. In any case, Sagiriis disconnected naturally; she isn't excessively mingled.
      You could watch the Eromanga sensei Kissanime on the Kissanime site. The site demonstrates every one of its recordings in the top notch quality. The quality of the recordings is from 360P to 720P. You could likewise observe every one of the scenes of the Eromanga Sensei seasons. The scenes are additionally subbed in English so you won't run over a dialect barrier. Viewing the anime seasons on Kissanime is fantastic.
    • By Keifert04
      This is a hard one since I don’t remember much but here it goes:
      I only remember that it’s about a group/team of people with red clothes and one of them har yellow spiky hair and they fought against zombies at one point and there where arrows coming out of shiva-statues.
      It was bloody so it wasn’t suitable for small children.
      please help, I cant find anything on Google 😊
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!