Log Horizon 2

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]contents_se.jpg.38f9acf2f3d36f7e43f394a724d13a52.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Veteran gamer Shiroe and other players have been trapped in the world of the online game Elder Tales for six months. The once chaotic city of Akiba has regained its everyday hustle and bustle following the formation of the self-governing organization Round Table Meeting. The earthlings, who are originally from the game world, have gained the trust of Shiroe by waging a defensive war against the Goblins in Zantleaf Region. This has led Princess Rayneshia of the Cowen family, the highest-ranking Earthling Aristocrats, to live in Akiba.

It's almost winter, and the Adventurers are thinking about what they're going to do and what their goals are in this other world. Will they remain in Akiba or go to the city of the West? Or will they travel to the land of the North or another faraway country? The opinions of the Adventurers begin to diverge. What adventures await the members of the Shiroe team in this second series of Log Horizon?

Any thoughts on this anime? I personally think that it is a bit slow and repetitive at the moment.[spoiler=Episode 13]I really hope that Kanami comes back, as its already been a season and a half and neither Akatsuki or Minori have Shirou yet. Also, this season lacks Crusty screen time.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda meh. [spoiler=Episode 14]Only Kanami is interesting in the new set of characters. Also, I think they should have dealt with bringing Crusty back before they started this arc. I really don't see how they are going to wrap it up in 10 episodes, maybe there will be a third season?

A lot better episode this week.[spoiler=Episode 17]The new character that looks like Shiroe was a really good addition to the group. I can't really remember what that one girl that they met at the end of the episode was up to, but with the caster, it shouldn't really be a problem. Also, those knights looked really creapy. >_<

Had its ups and downs this week.[spoiler=Episode 18]Although, we are proably supposed to be worried about the people, I really doubt anyone will die, and the chief will probably come in to save the day. Also, they are trying to explain stuff that should have been done a while back. Rudy is also probably my favorite character in the "new" adventurers of Log Horizon

This show... :angry:[spoiler=Episode 19]So, the entire town is being attacked, and what do they do? They talk and try to discover themselves... on the battlefield! I don't think there could have been worse execution with this, and really hope that the next episode is at least not as bad.

I personally think this is a really good show and almost no episode was any worse than others, they really shine in different things. The approach of politics, economics and the like as well as having more of the game mechanics and stuff explained in greater detail always put it far above SAO and such for me (so much so that when I had to limit my follows, I didn't even think about it, this is the game anime that I want to stick with. Just thought this kinda thing was more unique and soooooo interesting, placing less emphasis on the action, considering I'm not that into action). I don't really care whether things should have been explained sooner or not when for me they always bring something good to the table, and every so often we always get a really fun episode. I loved waking up Saturday mornings and for the longest time the first season was the only thing that really was a Saturday morning cartoon for me. Same thing worked for some of this season, but I don't really get the time to do that.

[spoiler=Episode 19]I didn't get the sense that this episode was bad execution, personally. It just all caught up with them and they didn't have their minds on the actual threat. I know, that's a bad thing as people but for the show... I definitely think Touya was justified in slowing things down, at the very least. Hold the same sentiments about Rudy being awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda meh episode again this week.

[spoiler=Episode 21]I don't think they are even trying anymore. The main problem other than animation is the pacing, its horrible. They speed through things that could be several episodes longer, and then they slow down and just talk, and it doesn't even help develop their character.

[spoiler=Episode 22]This episode actually had potential if they didn't rush through all of it. It's like they are trying to tell a story, but leaving out all the good parts. They seem to be hinting a season 3, but with the decline in this season, I doubt it will be worth watching.

This episode actually had potential if they didn't rush through all of it. It's like they are trying to tell a story, but leaving out all the good parts. They seem to be hinting a season 3, but with the decline in this season, I doubt it will be worth watching.

If they only used all the parts worth watching in season 2, I bet we would've started whatever arc season 3 is going to be on episode 8 at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Surprisingly, a decent episode this week. Seeing Isaac beating the crap out of all those people was awesome. However, the scene that topped even that:

Log_Horizon_2_EP_23_Screengrab_6.jpg.683f91fdf15d4eb2c685f58387686f9a.jpg

I completely forgot about last weeks episode, probably because I just stopped looking forward to them.

I'll probably brace myself through the last few episodes, bit I'll not give this a good score at all.

[spoiler=Episode 24]A decent episode this week. It was kinda weird to see Shiroe just not be OP, but seems like things worked themselves out. It should be at least interesting to see what his plan is. I have a feeling that the novel is probably better.

• 10 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic