Your attempts to recreate food from watching anime

Seshi

So to go along with the year old thread that I just necrod, what are some crazy attempts, or at least memorable, attempts that you made to recreate foods that you thought you saw in anime? 🤣

For example: I was always hungry after watching kids scarf down rice balls in anime, and as a kid myself, long before realizing I could google recipes to learn how to cook things, I just made my best guess 👏🏻🤣

I cooked a pot of rice (not even the sticky kind) because we didn't have that, no... so I squeezed rice together into a cute little (tiny) but edible football shape 🤣 And smothered it with honey. Yum!!

But later on I realized that they use more umami flavors rather than sweet with rice balls 😅 Oh well.

Anyone else do this?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

10 hours ago, Seshi said:

So to go along with the year old thread that I just necrod, what are some crazy attempts, or at least memorable, attempts that you made to recreate foods that you thought you saw in anime? 🤣

For example: I was always hungry after watching kids scarf down rice balls in anime, and as a kid myself, long before realizing I could google recipes to learn how to cook things, I just made my best guess 👏🏻🤣

I cooked a pot of rice (not even the sticky kind) because we didn't have that, no... so I squeezed rice together into a cute little (tiny) but edible football shape 🤣 And smothered it with honey. Yum!!

But later on I realized that they use more umami flavors rather than sweet with rice balls 😅 Oh well.

Anyone else do this?

24080c5fdc96496989f8bb45424e7c3dd0eb8ecb

SnS was one of my first anime's, and watching shana eat melon bread made me interested in trying one

but everyone must understand, no one sells melon bread in my country, thus i had to improvise and create my own !

which, turned into a bread with butter

it didn't taste like melon bread, i think, but it was kinda good ?

atleast...10% of it (the lemon-buttery part), the other 90% was the taste of failure

it was burnt, i never tried to make another one again q.q

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

8 hours ago, XII360 said:

it didn't taste like melon bread, i think, but it was kinda good ?

atleast...10% of it (the lemon-buttery part), the other 90% was the taste of failure

it was burnt, i never tried to make another one again q.q

I love that you tried to make melon bread 😍 How adventurous!

now, did you google a recipe, or kind of just wing it?

I like the improvised lemon butter, sounds like you could have had a yummy bread if you hadn't burnt it along with the Dream of delicious melony bread.

6 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I love that you tried to make melon bread 😍 How adventurous!

now, did you google a recipe, or kind of just wing it?

I like the improvised lemon butter, sounds like you could have had a yummy bread if you hadn't burnt it along with the Dream of delicious melony bread.

i googled the recipe, that's how i knew i could make one (and that i could get the recipes in my area xD)
alas, the taste of defeat, is but not far, for the taste of defeat

tastes like burnt bread <.>, least the buttery-part was delicious, that's good enough for me

• Funny 1

38 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i googled the recipe, that's how i knew i could make one (and that i could get the recipes in my area xD)
alas, the taste of defeat, is but not far, for the taste of defeat

tastes like burnt bread <.>, least the buttery-part was delicious, that's good enough for me

Just watched a melon bread cooking video and boy I can see why you've only tried making it once! Hella steps!! 

You could try making it again using a quick recipe like canned biscuit dough or croissant dough, and just making the melon flavored topping, drizzling it on afterwards, like you do for cake!

whenever I bake a cake from scratch, and it calls for a confectioners sugar glaze topping, I just put it on after it comes out of the oven, instead of baking it on, maybe you'll have more joy from that instead of burn bread taste?

I've done lemon infused confectioners glaze by using lemon extract, I imagine it's the same flavor your going for?

brush your bread with butter still, or buy the buttery kind of canned dough and you may find a satisfying substitute for melon bread 💕

• Informative 1

29 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Just watched a melon bread cooking video and boy I can see why you've only tried making it once! Hella steps!! 

You could try making it again using a quick recipe like canned biscuit dough or croissant dough, and just making the melon flavored topping, drizzling it on afterwards, like you do for cake!

whenever I bake a cake from scratch, and it calls for a confectioners sugar glaze topping, I just put it on after it comes out of the oven, instead of baking it on, maybe you'll have more joy from that instead of burn bread taste?

I've done lemon infused confectioners glaze by using lemon extract, I imagine it's the same flavor your going for?

brush your bread with butter still, or buy the buttery kind of canned dough and you may find a satisfying substitute for melon bread 💕

yea, there's allot of steps, which isn't easy to do, but is fun to do nonetheless

canned...dough ?, i didn't even know there was such a thing o_o, im clearly outdated (that or, no one sells canned dough in PH for me to know about >.>...)

i-i never baked a cake before, i barely cook to be honest xD, im not a good cook, but i think im decent at it ? (not a top-tier chef thooo')

i've never tasted a lemon bread before, since no one sells it in PH, so im not even sure of what a lemon bread <should> taste like xD

but im assuming it tastes lemony, and delicious-y (and to be honest, i like adding sour-stuff/lemon flavor to my food xD)

I personally consider myself to be vastly improving when it comes to my cooking/baking skills. Though I am in no way qualified to reproduce any dish in anime. I am simply not that good at cooking from scratch simply put.

• Funny 1