Minecraft

SanguineTear

Well now, I guess since Tear also shows interest in this, we probably have enough interest now. @SanguineTear, @EyesofthePhantom, and @FRAYKER would you all be interested in joining a private Anime Forums server? I'm hoping that since we have a bit more interest this time, that it won't just flop like it did the first time. Also, unless someone else wants to do it, I can manage the server completely, and you all can just suggest what plugins we use.

I just checked and bukkit is alive again, for a few months it was shutdown and all fownlaods were removed. As long as everyone is willing I'd still recommend forge over bukkit, we could get thaumcraft and ars magicka and be wizards, maybe add in some thermal expansion or pamcraft it'll be great!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want I can recommend d some forge mods or email you some bukkit mods assuming it's still dead. As for the server what kind of server will it be? Will it be we all go our deperate ways or work in a small group or are we all working together on something? Thank you.

Honestly, I don't really even remember what I was using. :P As for what type of server, it would be kinda cool if we all worked together on something, but wouldn't be required, so you could do whatever.

I'll look around tonight and see about finding a server. As for using forge, I don't really mind unless its ridiculously expensive in comparison.

I did some research and came across this, assuming it's legit it's certainky wotth checking out! It supports Feed the Beast which has some role play modpacks that I think the people on this site could appreciate! :)

Wait am I allowed to post links or should I just pm you?

Either way is fine.

https://www.minecraft-hosting.pro

As I said as long as it's legit it looks pretty nice!

While it does look nice, I can't find anything that says they are legit. Only 3 youtubers have uploaded videos on them (which could all easily be from them), as well as the fact that if they have created over 1 million minecraft servers, you would think there would be more results about them. Also, on one of their youtube videos, it was nothing but complaining on how they couldn't do something which tells me they probably aren't easy to contact if something goes wrong. Along with the fact they don't have a FAQ/About Us/Contact page really makes me worried. They probably won't be picked for the said reasons.

Although they don't have forge, I was actually considering these two:

https://www.bisecthosting.com/minecraft.php - The one I was using before. Pretty stable, but rather dated UI for the admin tools.

https://mcprohosting.com/ - They are extremely well known, and they have DDR4 RAM which is the newest version whereas the one you listed claimed to have only DDR3. Although a bit pricier than the other, after looking at the FAQ page, I feel most confident about this choice. After you enter your username, you can view the modpacks they have to offer (ex. Bukkit, Vanilla, etc.)

Personally, I like the second one quite a bit due to their nice and clean site, DDR4 RAM, and that they were listed first on this hosting list: http://www.enjin.com/game-hosts

Thoughts?

The mcprohosting looks quite nice. Once you get that set up you shiuld certainly have a look at the modpacks they offer, maybe run it by the people who will be playinh if we decide to use a modpack at all. I know basically what all of the major and tons of the minor mods are from many years of experience so I should be able to help more there. :)

I've created the new Minecraft server now, if anyone else has any interest in it, please PM me, and I can send you the server address. This is a private server, so I won't just be posting it here. Also, only real requirement for joining the server is that you need to be an Anime Forums member. ;)

• Geano locked this topic