Minecraft

SanguineTear

I've never played it

Well then, you could buy the game and join our server. :P

but in the school I work at, teachers have requested me to install it for their classes (the younger year levels) as a learning tool.

Funny, I wouldn't have guessed anyone to use it as a learning tool.

I believe there's also an iPad version too.

Yes, it's written in Java, so its available for quite a few platforms.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played it - but in the school I work at, teachers have requested me to install it for their classes (the younger year levels) as a learning tool.

I believe there's also an iPad version too.

Tell your teachers I love them. Unconventional as heck but Minecraft can definitely help promote good use of the imagination. If you get into some really tricky an advanced stuff on it even problem solving skills to an extent.

As it seems know, in the evening on Sunday EST or sometime Monday is most likely for me to get around to getting the server up as this weekend just filled up kinda fast, specifically Sunday. >_<

I'll try to get stuff done today, so then Sunday will be more of a possibility.

• Like 1

The server is up now. I have yet to add any plugins yet though, but should be done doing that soon. The way that the server will work is invitation based, so I'm not going to just be posting the server address here. If you PM me though, I'll be happy to provide it for you. Also, feel free to personally invite other people you know; however, please don't just randomly post the server address somewhere on another forum or something like that.

The server is up now. I have yet to add any plugins yet though, but should be done doing that soon. The way that the server will work is invitation based, so I'm not going to just be posting the server address here. If you PM me though, I'll be happy to provide it for you. Also, feel free to personally invite other people you know; however, please don't just randomly post the server address somewhere on another forum or something like that.

This is pretty fun. It's a bit lonely so far, but here is some stuff I built for the server:

[spoiler=Minecraft]

2015_05_20_16_33_42.png.c0511e338f3123f7755557ce78c7635a.png

2015_05_20_16_44_09.png.a92aa62431bcbaf48af60a205cbf1b66.png

2015_05_20_16_45_19.png.6a61d562710f5f4a6a97cb8339a0b51a.png

• Like 1

Finally got the chance to log on, love the shop ^^

Wondering if at some point you might put the difficulty on normal or at least easy, since there are a lot of items you can only get from enemy mobs and such?

Yeah the creepers are real dandies... We need to tame some ocelots and stick them everywhere (they scare creepers away if you didn't know)

Yeah, I didn't know that, perhaps I'll set up a second floor in the shop for a few things that you can spawn like ocelots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Have my new computer, can finally do Minecraft again. Also, I found this nifty thing that can help you find specific biomes: http://chunkbase.com/apps/biome-finder

It's not perfectly accurate, but it did land me in the biome I wanted to find.

Ah, well, I haven't even bothered with Minecraft for over a month, and there really wasn't much interest to begin with, so today was actually the last day before they shut it down. I guess you could make your own server if you want. I could even send you the details on what plugins were installed, and where I was renting the server for cheap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well now, I guess since Tear also shows interest in this, we probably have enough interest now. @SanguineTear, @EyesofthePhantom, and @FRAYKER would you all be interested in joining a private Anime Forums server? I'm hoping that since we have a bit more interest this time, that it won't just flop like it did the first time. Also, unless someone else wants to do it, I can manage the server completely, and you all can just suggest what plugins we use.

Well now, I guess since Tear also shows interest in this, we probably have enough interest now. @SanguineTear, @EyesofthePhantom, and @FRAYKER would you all be interested in joining a private Anime Forums server? I'm hoping that since we have a bit more interest this time, that it won't just flop like it did the first time. Also, unless someone else wants to do it, I can manage the server completely, and you all can just suggest what plugins we use.

I'd certainly be interested. I have about six months of bukkit (R.I.P last I checked, but I managed to back up all of the files and

about 100-400 plugins before it died) and two years if forge experience, forge is FAR superior hands down. If you want I can recommend d some forge mods or email you some bukkit mods assuming it's still dead. As for the server what kind of server will it be? Will it be we all go our deperate ways or work in a small group or are we all working together on something? Thank you.

• Geano locked this topic