Minecraft

SanguineTear

This is one of my favorite games ever. Originally PC, but also out for consoles and some handhelds too I believe. I have it both for PC and PS3 because the PC version is overall much better IMO, but my laptop doesn't run it very well plus the PS3 version is a bit more user friendly and easier to get the hang of.

Anyways, if you don't know what Minecraft is, you mine stuff, then you build stuff with the stuff you mined. Fun and relaxing game in my opinion, and very fun if you have some friends to play it with.

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, I was a part of two different servers; however, both of them shut down to inactivity. I never really found the single player mode to be all that fun, so I just stopped playing it a couple of years ago. I've thought about picking it up again, but I really didn't want to just join another community that could shut down again. With that said, it would be kinda cool if we started an Anime Forums Minecraft server.

• Like 1

I actually have a friend who owns his own Minecraft server which is just a small private thing; only him, me, and one other person currently whitelisted on it. If anybody else wanted to join it I'm pretty sure he would be more than willing to add em if I asked. Having our own Anime Forums server though would be really, really sweet. Definitely a fun thing if several members were involved. There are a few other people from another anime related forum I'm on who are also interested in Minecraft as well so they could possibly join in too.

I actually have a friend who owns his own Minecraft server which is just a small private thing; only him, me, and one other person currently whitelisted on it. If anybody else wanted to join it I'm pretty sure he would be more than willing to add em if I asked.

That's pretty cool, small servers are always nice :)

Having our own Anime Forums server though would be really, really sweet. Definitely a fun thing if several members were involved. There are a few other people from another anime related forum I'm on who are also interested in Minecraft as well so they could possibly join in too.

Yes it would be pretty sweet. I'll look into it later this week, as I don't really know much about running a Minecraft server, and what I do know, is sure to be outdated if the last I played was two years ago. >_<

Hmmm... Yeah there are a few I have in mind that could be really fun, saw them being used by some of my favorite Youtubers. I'll have to look up what they were. The ones I'm thinking of include a mod that adds some new enemies, one that lets you transform into any entity you kill, and one that adds craftable firearms to the game.

So, I found a good provider at $4/month called BisectHosting. I'll look into creating the server tomorrow as its getting late now, and I don't want to deal with it if something goes wrong. :P

The ones I'm thinking of include a mod that adds some new enemies, one that lets you transform into any entity you kill, and one that adds craftable firearms to the game.

Just make sure they are Bukkit compatible, and not single player mods. Otherwise we can't run them. >_<

The ones I'm thinking of include a mod that adds some new enemies, one that lets you transform into any entity you kill, and one that adds craftable firearms to the game.

Oh, I should also mention that if you find them, make sure they are compatible with 1.8, otherwise they won't work.

Also, since it will just be a few people, I'm only getting automatic backups that are saved for one day. If we grow any larger, I'll consider upgrading this. Before I start, I was really hoping that one or two more people might show interest in this, as I would feel that it would be more fun that way. I do have a few people that I plan on asking as well, but I'm not sure if they are up for it or not.

Yeah, it would be nice if some more folks would be on board. I know one person for sure who will join although it won't be until he gets a new computer, and another person who is a maybe.

Well, I got a reply back and he said that he would probably join for a bit just to try out Minecraft again. Don't know if he will stay or not, but at least we have another person. I think 4 people is enough to start with, and you already said that one of you're friends was definitely going to join later, so I'll try getting the server set up soon. I do have some school work to finish up though, and I'm not exactly sure how long that will take, but I'll try to have it up by Monday.

Keep in mind I have work to finish too, plus I'm not sure if my current laptop will hold up by then lol, it's kinda dying. I am planning on getting a new PC ASAP though. I'll do some scouting and see if I can't get some more people on board~

Keep in mind I have work to finish too, plus I'm not sure if my current laptop will hold up by then lol, it's kinda dying.

Ah, sorry to hear that D:

I'll do some scouting and see if I can't get some more people on board~

Okay, thanks for the help ;)

I used to play Minecraft. Don't get me wrong, I still want to play it, it's just that for some reason my thing always glitches out, and I can't find out what the problem is.

It actually sounds like you have driver issues going on. You should make sure that your drivers are up to date whether they be AMD, Intel, or Nvidia. You can probably just do a simple google search of something like 'intel drivers'.

I love minecraft, but I rarely ever play it as my desktops broken and, I do play sometimes on my laptop but not often because I don't to damage it ;.; xD

Well, since you're laptop could die soon, and since we are both busy, did you want to put this off until a bit later then? Or just start now, and see how things go?

Hmmm... may be best to wait a little bit. By this Friday I'll be free and clear with my schedule so waiting until at least then would be good for me.

Hmmm... may be best to wait a little bit. By this Friday I'll be free and clear with my schedule so waiting until at least then would be good for me.

Okay, that works. I'll see about getting it up Friday, but if that doesn't work, it will have to wait until Sunday.

I've never played it - but in the school I work at, teachers have requested me to install it for their classes (the younger year levels) as a learning tool.

I believe there's also an iPad version too.

• Geano locked this topic