Friends In real life

RyePotatoes

So what do you think about your friends in real life?

Mine are sooo loud people. When going to the mall or something I sometimes have to pretend not to know them. :crazy:

Nah, just kidding. People won't mistake me apart from the group since I'm loud as well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends in real life? What's that? :P

Anyway, even friends I know in person, I usually just chat with online since many times the free time in our schedules don't match up.

• Like 1

Friends in real life.......well.....I have them but we've mostly been split up due to different majors at different colleges and universities.

My friends and I have been split up by work and study but we are the group that makes no sense , we have me , a kickboxer/judo fighter/ gamer , a programmer , a lawyer , a singer and a blob and most of us watch anime but nothing else we do makes any sense.

Even we don't know why we're friends@_@

Lost touch with most of my friends, only really kept my best friend from childhood. We are very similar in our mindsets and sense of humor, probably the most notable difference between us is I like anime and such while he doesn't, and he loves giving me a hard time about it, especially since all of my avatars for things like PSN and Skype are anime-related~

only really kept my best friend from childhood. We are very similar in our mindsets and sense of humor, probably the most notable difference between us is I like anime and such while he doesn't

Sounds a lot like me and my best friend , he used to like anime but kind of faded out of it , I haven't seen the guy in almost a year and we live quite close to each other (guess work and stuff just keeps coming up).

I don't have any friends IRL and I never have.

This makes me feel so sad :( Everybody deserves to have irl friends. *hugs Dark Jewel*

*hugs back with warmth and love*

I would say that most people deserve them, but I am not one of those people, x.x

It's the people who think they don't deserve friends that deserve them the most. You deserve friends. Trust me.

I won't say that that is or isn't true, but it's something that is a bit beyond me. After having too many difficulties in this area during my school years, I shut down and am at the point where basically the only thing that would help is coming into my life and helping, but there is no one like that.

I won't say that that is or isn't true, but it's something that is a bit beyond me. After having too many difficulties in this area during my school years, I shut down and am at the point where basically the only thing that would help is coming into my life and helping, but there is no one like that.

Hello I'm someone with a severe disposition towards helping people at whatever the cost is to myself (I have problems . . .).

Though I would love to move to where ever you are (Anywhere as long as I can leave my country it's a great deal for me) and help the truth is I cant , I know how hard it is to give a damn once you've shut everything out , trust me I have stabbed all of my best friends and even almost killed one or two of them and I have even been to the point where I would not allow others to get close to me (I would insult and attack anyone who did try . . . again I had problems but I seem to have done a 180 and gone from an introvert to a complete extrovert).

You have to try your best to communicate with others and not kill them in the process :P you have to wan't it and do something about it or else nothing will happen , this world is not so kind as to give us something for nothing.

• Agree 1

Hello I'm someone with a severe disposition towards helping people at whatever the cost is to myself (I have problems . . .).

I'm like this as well. I have to help people. I want to do everything in my power to help you Dark Jewel.

Though I would love to move to where ever you are (Anywhere as long as I can leave my country it's a great deal for me) and help the truth is I cant , I know how hard it is to give a damn once you've shut everything out , trust me I have stabbed all of my best friends and even almost killed one or two of them and I have even been to the point where I would not allow others to get close to me (I would insult and attack anyone who did try . . . again I had problems but I seem to have done a 180 and gone from an introvert to a complete extrovert).

You have to try your best to communicate with others and not kill them in the process :P you have to wan't it and do something about it or else nothing will happen , this world is not so kind as to give us something for nothing.

Yuuki speaks the truth Dark Jewel.

Did you used to be really violent? O.o

My problems are a bit different than that, though... My anxiety renders me incapable of communicating with others, and it's the crippling sort of anxiety rather than one that isn't a total hindrance. After all, I can't manage to be in public without my mom around; she's the only thing that enables me to think straight, and if we are separated for more than a few minutes, I head into panic mode.

This is why the only solution that I can see for myself is one that involves spending quite a lot of time with someone from the internet, and that someone could be anyone as long as I know them well enough and trust them. I can't open up to anyone I can't trust, and I have yet to meet anyone IRL that I feel I can trust that is outside of my family. I actually had two different chances in April, but both of them fell without bearing any fruit; one of these chances will never happen again (it involves one of the few people I knew from school that didn't treat me terribly, who I met in public again once last year; she found out about me being trans, and I ended up trying to contact her on Facebook... She seen this message eight months later and basically gave me hope that I would finally have a friend, but she let me down and ended up seeming not to care even though she claimed she did), and the other one would be hard to replicate.

My problems are a bit different than that, though... My anxiety renders me incapable of communicating with others, and it's the crippling sort of anxiety rather than one that isn't a total hindrance. After all, I can't manage to be in public without my mom around; she's the only thing that enables me to think straight, and if we are separated for more than a few minutes, I head into panic mode.

This is why the only solution that I can see for myself is one that involves spending quite a lot of time with someone from the internet, and that someone could be anyone as long as I know them well enough and trust them. I can't open up to anyone I can't trust, and I have yet to meet anyone IRL that I feel I can trust that is outside of my family. I actually had two different chances in April, but both of them fell without bearing any fruit; one of these chances will never happen again (it involves one of the few people I knew from school that didn't treat me terribly, who I met in public again once last year; she found out about me being trans, and I ended up trying to contact her on Facebook... She seen this message eight months later and basically gave me hope that I would finally have a friend, but she let me down and ended up seeming not to care even though she claimed she did), and the other one would be hard to replicate.

*cries for Dark Jewel*

I want to strangle these people who hurt you....I've had friends betray me....and practically tear my heart out. It took some dedicated friends to heal me. They became my life and sole purpose for continuing on. Now I'm capable of surviving and making new friends which is good because I have lost contact with those original friends that cared so much for me. I'm sure the same will happen to you. We shall heal you.

Yes , I had anger issues and tinnitus which is a really bad combination .

I have change a lot since then and after my depression I decided to be more social and developed some methods to deal with my anger other than just beating the issues away I decided to talk them out with the person I had a problem with and now I have more friends because of it.

I haven't lost my in four years ,a racist teacher was demeaning a kid in my class and I almost stuck a pen through her neck . . . but I also can't harm women due to the fact that I was raised by a single mother and my grandmother so I ended up fracturing a few bones in my hand and making a good friend too scared to talk to me for the rest of the term @_@

You can, but like you said, it gets you nowhere. That's what I do.

When life gets you down, you know what you've gotta do? Just keep swimming swimming swimming. What do we do we swim. Then all of our troubles float away. You just have to keep from losing yourself and know in your heart that there are people in this world who can and will care for you. You just have to find them.

• Like 1

A lifetime of being bullied and ignored combined with a good number of other things.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( But don't worry! You can have friends here. :D

• 3 weeks later...