Going paperless

Optic

Computers were supposed to make offices paperless!

But in many places paper is still used a lot:

• Paper forms to sign up for membership.
  • Filling out a form if you join a new company
  • and so on...

Thankfully many places have reduced the need for paper by implementing electronic forms and/or keeping it all online.

Are you still finding the need to use paper a lot at work or in your daily life? How do you feel it could be improved? :angel:

Well my school's trying to go green as they've stopped sending out paper report cards, and now they're just online.

But paper still has some uses in some places such as hospitals where a blackout can jeopardize a patients safety since most of their information is online.

Though in my life, paper is still heavily present though some people are trying to reduce it's use. I'd say to recycle paper more often and plant more trees to make up for the loss paper accumulates on the environment.

• Informative 1

I go to school online, so everything is paperless. The only papers around my room are either job application stuff that they want a physical copy of, or just random stuff I write down, and never use again. :P For the most part, I'm pretty paperless, but I like to keep my schedule down on paper as its much easier to change stuff than it is online.

Much of what my college does is paperless which is quite nice, although there are still a few specific forms we have to fill out on paper, and even though we submit all of our assignments electronically most professors still have you hand in a hard copy of your report too.

• 7 months later...