Suggestions

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and need some suggestions of what Anime to watch.

So far I have watched:

• Children of the Whales
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Vampire Knight (currently onto season 2)

Thanks guys.

Sorry I seem to have posted this in the wrong category but won't allow me to remove it or move it.

4 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

No sweat about being in the wrong section. Someone is going to move it.

Are you looking for something that is similar to those you've already watched?

I am looking for something similar. I haven't watched much yet as I have not long come across anime.

Hey, welcome to the forum. I’ve linked some anime suggestions for you here:

I’d suggest watching Tokyo Ghoul, since it’s got some similar story elements to Blue Exorcist, in the development of the hidden world and main characters transformation.

Claymore, since you seem to be fond of demons, and there are hardly any better demon anime out there than this one. Except maybe Demon Slayer.

If Claymore is too heavy for you, and you prefer things on a bit of a lighter side, You may enjoy Inuyasha.

If you happen to like video games, check out Accel World, and Rising of the Shield Hero.

I’d also recommend checking out some different genres in the future, to include other interests in your life, as you find them. There are so many anime out there and there’s something for everyone 😊

If you find that you love a series you started and want to someone to talk about it with, feel free to come back and make a discussion thread. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seshi said:

Hey, welcome to the forum. I’ve linked some anime suggestions for you here:

I’d suggest watching Tokyo Ghoul, since it’s got some similar story elements to Blue Exorcist, in the development of the hidden world and main characters transformation.

Claymore, since you seem to be fond of demons, and there are hardly any better demon anime out there than this one. Except maybe Demon Slayer.

If Claymore is too heavy for you, and you prefer things on a bit of a lighter side, You may enjoy Inuyasha.

If you happen to like video games, check out Accel World, and Rising of the Shield Hero.

I’d also recommend checking out some different genres in the future, to include other interests in your life, as you find them. There are so many anime out there and there’s something for everyone 😊

If you find that you love a series you started and want to someone to talk about it with, feel free to come back and make a discussion thread. 

Thank you :) I will be sure to check out the series and video games that you linked me to :)

• Like 1

So... I’ve never used that platform, but if you want to buy the anime, it’s available pretty much anywhere. I use Crunchyroll for Demon Slayer, and Rising of the Shield hero.

I have used Prime video and Netflix for anime before and they are probably on Prime Video either for free or purchase. Just got to do your legwork, you can find them out there.

• Like 1

Since you live in the UK, it's quite difficult for some other users to tell where they will be available for you. Crunchyroll here in Europe has much less anime than the US Crunchyroll. There are a number of different platforms that offer anime.

For example, if you want to watch the currently airing Shield Hero, you can find it subbed (with subtitles) or dubbed (with English voices) here

https://www.crunchyroll.com/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero

If you are a free user, there will be ads at some points in the video (if you have a decent adblocker for your browser they get skipped though), and you have to wait one more week for the latest episode compared to paying users. But it's great as a legal free platform for many anime.
If you like the site, you can also see what it is like for non-free users by using their 14-day trial. If you have the money you could then buy monthly subscriptions. If you don't have the money there are non-legal alternatives which more or less offer everything. But these are not legal and we can't post them here.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 2

Vampires or Supernatural recommendations:

Phantom in the Twilight (reverse harem)

Karin aka Chibi Vampire (cute romcom)

Miss Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood (cute slice of life)

Hellsing (also Hellsing Ultimate but that one is pretty graphic)

Shiki (again gets pretty graphic)

Sirius the Jaeger (vampires vs werewolves)

Chrono Crusade

Mushishi (philosophical)

Black Butler (gothic)

Soul Eater (shonen)

Witch Hunter Robin (supernatural investigation)

Trinity Blood

Must sees from other genres

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Fruits Basket (remake currently airing)

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Vampires or Supernatural recommendations:

Phantom in the Twilight (reverse harem)

Karin aka Chibi Vampire (cute romcom)

Miss Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood (cute slice of life)

Hellsing (also Hellsing Ultimate but that one is pretty graphic)

Shiki (again gets pretty graphic)

Sirius the Jaeger (vampires vs werewolves)

Trinity Blood

Mushishi

Black Butler

Soul Eater

Witch Hunter Robin

Must sees from other genres

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Fruits Basket (remake currently airing)

Wow! That’s a lot. Thanks :)

You’re welcome.

Might want to recheck my post, added some details. Sorry, I tend to ramble :P

Edited by Ohiotaku

@VampireKnight19

I'd like to share with you a website I use called because.moe (https://because.moe/uk).

I find that sometimes it can be tricky to find which anime is on which streaming platform (if available to stream at all), the website above hosts an up to date listing of which streaming platforms anime are available at.

Hope that helps ^_^

• Informative 1

1 minute ago, Banri said:

@VampireKnight19

I'd like to share with you a website I use called because.moe (https://because.moe/uk).

I find that sometimes it can be tricky to find which anime is on which streaming platform (if available to stream at all), the website above hosts an up to date listing of which streaming platforms anime are available at.

Hope that helps ^_^

Thank you 😍

GTO

yu yu hakusho

rurouni kenshin

vandread

Mai-hime

fate/zero. then fate/stay night unlimited blade works Tv

jojo's bizarre adventure id start with part 1, then watch part 2,3,4,5

Baki the grappler season 1 then season 2

hitman reborn

Magi the kingdom of magic, then the 2nd series magi the labyrinth of magic

Hunter X Hunter

Dangan Ronpa series 1, then watch the 2nd and 3rd 

ghost in the shell season 1 and 2. Ghost in the shell arise

Drifters 

one punch man season 1 and season 2

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

i was reincarnated as a slime

my hero academia

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

Well if you are looking for anime for girls, my sister likes Lucky Star, chobits, K-on, Fruits basket, his and her circumstances, Nadia the secret of blue water, spirited away, doctor slump, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, ancient magus bride. 

theres other anime she watched were they working at a carwash, and some of them dressed up as cats, I cant remember what its called. But it begins with a (D)

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 2

Just now, Serge heartless said:

Well if you are looking for anime for girls, my sister likes Lucky Star, chobits, K-on, Fruits basket, his and her circumstances, Nadia the secret of blue water, spirited away, doctor slump, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

theres other anime she watch were they working at a carwash, and some of them dressed up as cats, I cant remember what its called. But it begins with a (D)