Headphones

Karen

Post your headphones, and tell us about them.

What headphone do you have? What headphones have you had? Do you care much about higher quality headphones, or are Apple earphones good enough for you?

I got the AKG K550's the Christmas season right after they first came out, at the price of £200 (~$340 att). Now you can find them for $200 instead easily (actually I see a listing from Wal-mart at $154 right now, what the heck). My penny pinching nature is screaming in the back of my head about it all the time, but I'm so happy with them that I'm not that upset about the waste of money. They can do anything I throw at them. Literally anything. It's incredible. They've got a very plain, unbiased sound, which I appreciate a lot, and the build quality is so nice, which is another thing I appreciate. Some people have issues with getting a nice seal, but they're perfect for my big head. I can wear them for 14+ hours and not even notice, they don't get hot or heavy whatsoever. My main complain is the lack of detachable cable, but it's not all that big of a deal.

They're fantastic. The best Christmas present I've ever gotten by far. I've used them every single day.

41cfd4cd_Image20-20K550203D20View20on20black2002.thumb.jpe.6bb0d383d8a971dab0ff5b78c0be6ce8.jpe

• Like 1

I actually can't wear headphones that cups over your ears. I prefer the ones that lay over them instead, as my ears are extremely sensitive, and will start to hurt after a minute if the headphones aren't exactly right. Therefore I normally just use speakers instead.

These are the current headphones that I have and they work flawlessly.

rsz_171hikuje6il_sl1500_.jpg.fcf90817b9655767fb090e52c8d3dd71.jpg

I'm using a pair of Sony MDR-7506s.

They're actually reference headphones, similar to your AKGs @Karen, they give a neutral sound. I originally purchased them for short film-making back when I had a lot more free time. But I rarely use headphones unless I need sound late at night.

4473862054_68cdc80265_z.jpg.c98df7756893569a31351d0ff44635ea.jpg

uzume-uranus-yatta.jpg.a8cea3fb25b7f6193327d17656664439.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My sennheiser 205 just stopped working, the sounds isnt equal on both sides and voices arent always possible to hear and many sounds of the songs arent there anymore...

I dont know which to buy now, what do you guys think of Pioneer SE-MJ721-K?

I dont know which to buy now, what do you guys think of Pioneer SE-MJ721-K?

Its good for that price, judging from the reviews that is(since I dont own it, Im still content with my sony xD).

But maybe you should ask someone that already bought it?

Edited by Guest

I dont know anyone who has bought it :P

I see, well they have an excellent bass they said, some people say its comfy another says its not comfortable, because there is no padding on the headband. I say just buy it, to me design looks neat, and if the sound is as good as they say then its worth it.

Edited by Guest

I see, well they have an excellent bass they said, some people say its comfy another says its not comfortable, because there is no padding on the headband. I say just buy it, to me design looks neat, and if the sound is as good as they say then its worth it.

Thanks for your help^^ :D

• 3 weeks later...
I ended up buying Akg ones because the others were sold out....this ones are ok nothing special though

I see, which one (as in what series)?

it hurts my ears when i wear them for too long xD they arent very comfy and the sounds isnt anything special

I see, the design seems to look good and comfy though, is the problem with the headband?