Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Ahhh I see. Yes that would count as one, though with the role reversal there it's definitely more of a parody than your typical magical girl title. Is that your favourite? If so I'll add it to the poll so you can add cast your vote.
  2. I'm not familiar with that one - is that the full title? Having trouble finding more information on that one.
  3. Did we ever have a discussion thread for Yuki Yuna is a Hero?

    1. drill

      drill

      Im pretty sure we don't have one, feel free to make one if you want.

    2. Optic

      Optic

      Finally got around to making one. @_@ http://animeforums.net/fanworks-media/yuki-yuna-is-a-hero.482/ xD

  4. Yes Nanoha is definitely worth a watch! I really do feel bemused that it didn't get a proper DVD/Bluray English release which is unfortunate as in Japan it really is very popular still. I remember seeing lots of Nanoha merchandise and figures on the shelves in Akihabara. I watched the new movie compilation versions though instead of the original TV series as I found it difficult to source. As for Madoka, there are movie compilation versions too which have improved animation. I intend to watch those movie versions sometime.
  5. I'll be watching this tomorrow, has really piqued my interest. What's the setting and atmosphere like? Is it dark and dystopian or more deserted?
  6. Friendship. Despair. Cute and elegant costumes. Familiars. Apocalyptic magical attacks that make nuclear weapons look like child's play. Who doesn't like a good magical girl title every now and then? When it comes down to it though, there are lots of magical girl anime titles out there. So which ones are your all time favourites? My top three favourites are: 1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: the darkest one of them all with mesmerising disorienting battle scenes and quite possibly the best soundtrack of them all. I liked it so much I bought the Ultimate Madoka figure. 2. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: I feel this one is the underdog, it barely got any Western localised releases due to licensing issues. Which is a darn shame because Fate and Nanoha are just so adorable. I love how their weapons talk and how ridiculously powerful their attacks are. 3. Yuki Yuna is a Hero: this only finished airing late last year so it's a recent release. The bizarre twist in this one is the characters transform using an app on their smartphone. Well that's keeping with the times I suppose. Yuki is the most genki magical girl ever. I really enjoyed this one too. I've also made a poll which you can vote for multiple choices if you like. If your choice isn't in the poll, let me know in this thread with your opinion and I'll adjust the poll accordingly. Look forward to your responses.
  7. I stumbled upon this rather amusing compilation of every time Yuudachi says "Poi" throughout the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_Pc1ZK7aw Couldn't stop laughing.
  8. This anime title is an adaptation based on the video games. I admittedly watched this anime title first, fell in love with the characters and each world. After playing Re;birth 1 and Re;birth 2 afterwards you really do get a sense of how amazing the characters look in anime form. [spoiler=Nepgear and Purple Heart in Re;birth 2:] [spoiler=Nepgear and Purple Heart in the anime:] [spoiler=Noire and Neptune in Re;birth 1:] [spoiler=Noire and Neptune in the anime:] [spoiler=Ram and Rom's first appearance in Re;birth 2:] [spoiler=Ram and Rom's first appearance in the anime:] Any other Hyperdimension Neptunia fans out there? Feel free to discuss the anime adaptation here. I feel it's a good fun series overall.
  9. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter in advance.

    1. EmperorQinmon

      EmperorQinmon

      Thanks! But isn't that in 2 days?

    2. Optic

      Optic

      Just in case I forget in advance. ;)

    3. EmperorQinmon
  10. Optic

    RPG Maker

    I'd be curious to play any that have anime inspired characters or story assets. Surely there must be some out there, let us know if you happen to stumble upon any @Seacliff.
  11. I glanced over this and was meaning to reply to this one. I never knew there was an animation for Mario... is this one of them you were referring to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUtpTWdwpQ My exposure to Mario and Luigi are limited to a few games, Super Mario Bros All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros on the Wii... I naturally just became a fan of Mario over Luigi as he was the iconic main character. I always perceived Luigi to be on the sidelines.. On another note though I can't imagine Mario will last forever for Nintendo. I do feel though it would be difficult for them to make a new iconic character that matches the popularity Mario achieved.. FYI: adjusted your topic title and added a poll to it - feel free to refine it further if you like (via Thread Tools on the top right).
  12. After @EmperorQinmon took me for a ride with his sudden move to Tokyo... Made me wonder - how was your April Fools this year? Anything interesting happen? Unfortunately it was very uneventful for me this year due to work. I'm hoping some of you may have some interesting stories.
  13. Slider is looking good. Thanks for updating it. I've added Gunslinger Stratos and Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan to it.

  14. [FLOAT_RIGHT] [/FLOAT_RIGHT] A spin-off of the infamous Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya series. In this version, Yuki is a lot more cuter with Suzumiya not being in the same school as the group. Looking forward to this, though I'm a little uncertain on the character designs. Am so used to Kyoto Animation's take on it... [spoiler=PV]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9-7su5fY0
  15. Happy birthday Crowe. :)

  16. Happy birthday. :)

    1. Digimon_Sommelier

      Digimon_Sommelier

      Thank you so much, Optic. :)

  17. Easter long weekend soon. Five days off starting this Friday then back to work on Wed. :)

  18. [FLOAT_RIGHT] [/FLOAT_RIGHT] Future setting, check. Parallel worlds, check. Battling alternate personas, check. This is an anime adaptation of the third person video game, Gunslinger Stratos. It looks a little bland and my expectations are low on this one as it's derived from a video game series... I am however curious about this one as the games were really popular in the Japanese arcades when I was in Japan. [spoiler=PV]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNV9XRnmJHs [spoiler=Alternate Cover]
  19. Hello @fujimaro - welcome to Anime Forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. Easiest way is just to highlight the text you want to quote and click "Reply". @Yuuki_Radosian's method will work too.
  20. Only one translation mistake has bothered me and that was Commie's releases for Attack on Titan when it was airing at the time. If you recall, they referred to the titans as "eotenas": Interesting discussion here:
  21. @ssjup81: yeah I don't see why not. There are quite a few movie titles up there in the Anichart list drill posted. @drill: on another note we should probably pick 5-10 from that list to add to the slider and make discussion threads as this season comes to an end.
  22. A rather dull battle finale to the series with lots of new characters introduced during the battle. But lots of genki moments helped save the episode.
  23. Interesting topic. I'd probably go for Sora from No Game No Life. I like his strategic thinking and the way he reads others.
  24. Discussion thread for Guilty Crown. I watched this when it came out on Blu-ray on the English dub by FUNimation. It being by Production I.G it is visually gorgeous and packed with lots of action.. but I found Shu to be a slightly annoying character. Anyone else have any thoughts on this title?
  25. Hello ZuperBDChan, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
×
×
  • Create New...