Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Anime Landing Page guidelines are now available. If you're keen to help us out, let me know. ;)

  2. Hello @jung__ , welcome to Anime Forums. Yes we are quite a small community but are aiming to grow. If you have any ideas that could help, do let us know. Please, enjoy your stay.
  3. Yes that's what I meant - I reverted back to the free plan. There's a grace period when you cancel - you still have the Pro benefits until your next renewal date. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of those because I tend to misplace them. Back on topic yeah, will see how I go with BitTorrent Sync - the ideal workflow I'm thinking is to synchronise my Surface Pro 3 with my desktop. Assuming it syncs quickly I should be able to just up and go with my Surface whenever I need to work on Anime Forums on those longer trips
  4. Optic

    Home Theatre

    Do you have a home theatre setup? If so what's your setup like? Laptop or small form computer for media playback? Maybe one of those Smart TVs and you playback media directly via an SD card or network? Surround sound? Ambient lighting? Popcorn machine? (kidding) I've got a pretty nifty anime home theatre setup which I will post some details and photos about in future. Just thought I'd poke around first to see what sort of existing setups are out there.
  5. I've decided to stop using cloud storage altogether now and cancelled my Pro subscription... The Dropbox desktop client is choking on me now (taking too long to sync and reindex) as I've now reached 236,999 files. I think their servers are throttling me now. Part of the reason I've reached so many files is due to all the galleries I've been storing in there. I tried OneDrive briefly but its desktop client syncing engine was worse than Dropbox. Trying a different approach, BitTorrent Sync. It's not cloud storage, but rather it syncs directly between your devices via LAN/Wi-Fi: https://www.getsync.com/ The whole reason I went for cloud file storage in the first place was to keep my laptop and desktop files in sync... in the past I used an external HDD, even though it was a bit cumbersome it was fast and reliable.
  6. Ah, that's a good value model for the price. Now you can browse Anime Forums on the go. Let me know how it looks on your smartphone and if you run into any glitches.
  7. Optic

    New Tab Page

    I feel old school... I actually prefer a blank page when a new window/tab opens and use the Bookmarks Bar below the address bar.
  8. Nice @drill! Out of curiosity, what model is that?
  9. Yeah don't sweat it too much - designing layouts like that based on percentages can be tricky for mobiles and tablets because each device has a different viewport resolution. My smartphone is an iPhone 6 Plus for example, though it has a native screen resolution of 1224 x 2208 (which looks really sharp and clear), when browsing, the actual viewport resolution the browser uses is 414 x 736. Which explains why it was so squashed for me. Every device has a different viewport resolution, you might find this useful: http://viewportsizes.com/ Sorry what I meant was, there is no mouse cursor on a smartphone/tablet (touch based only) to do the hover effect for your Watching/Next Season/Completed categories, so the categories always stayed transparent, even when I swiped to scroll through them.
  10. Well for comic relief it's great. e.g. Kongou from Kantai Collection: "No problem desu!" Someone needs to make a compilation video of her English phrases..
  11. Indeed. I find it interesting that the battle of MI is loosely based on World War II events. In this case the Battle of Midway. e.g. We can't lose anymore moe characters so Fubuki better turn the tide of the battle, somehow.
  12. Nice to see you like it so far. Yes, their relationship is frustrating to say the least. Typical oblivious MC. But it does get better. Even if it did feel slow at times and the villains over the top, Yuji, Shana and Yoshida develop into very strong characters by the end of the third season.
  13. Golden Moe Assassins, love the name. It's been awhile since I played it, I remember enjoying GTA5's single player. Very solid and fun campaign, huge improvement having three controllable characters versus GTA4 definitely seemed more immersive. Michael's story was better than Niko Bellic's GTA4 story. The different possible endings was a nice touch too. But I've never played it on multiplayer..
  14. Optic

    RPG Maker

    This piqued my curiosity many many years ago, I tried it out as RPG Maker XP back in the day. Looking at RPG Maker VX now it looks very similar: I think it's good to make a quick RPG game 2D sprite style but if you want to go beyond that you'll definitely need some developer knowledge. Have you made any projects with tihs @Seacliff or do you tend to play ones that others have made?
  15. Optic

    [VN] NEKOPARA

    Thanks @SanguineTear - will add that to the list based on your recommendation.
  16. It's pretty on my desktop but looks cluttered on my mobile. There are no hover states on smartphones and tablets so all your categories show up for me:
  17. I changed my mind and pulled the trigger on the white CPU group one. I think the engraving looks better on the white one and white PS4s look pretty cool. Release date is in May so essentially a pre-order. Also tucked in the PS4 Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II game as well, though it will be an interesting as it will be in Japanese of course. Maybe by then I will have a decent grasp of the language. I should also note that I had to use a Japanese mail forwarding service to place the order on my behalf as I obviously don't have a Japanese mailing address. Last time I used one of those services was when I purchased a DVD from Amazon.JP quite awhile ago. This time round I used a different forwarding service - will give feedback on this forwarder when I receive my package.
  18. Learned 5 more Hiragana. S series - .さ、し、す、せ、そ !

    1. Show previous comments  2 more
    2. Optic

      Optic

      15. Vowels, k series and s series. I haven't inputted them in yet as I'm just learning to read them by memory - no need to write them out yet. Just copied and pasted to make that post.

    3. Optic

      Optic

      And yes, I do plan on doing Katakana afterwards. :)

    4. Yuuki_Radosian

      Yuuki_Radosian

      Nice , I'm doing the same it took me about a week to get hiragana down (90% anyway just one or two I mix up sometimes like NU and ME) but I cant go on until I get it 100 %

  19. Dog Days landing page created and linked with this discussion thread.
  20. It's very simple to use, just upload the files to your server and embed two .JS files in your <head> tags. Then add your list of images and customise the timings below. Example from the developer's website: <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="jquery.backstretch.min.js"></script> <script> $.backstretch([ "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/515046/www/outside.jpg" , "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/515046/www/garfield-interior.jpg" , "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/515046/www/cheers.jpg" ], {duration: 3000, fade: 750}); </script>
  21. Indeed, you'll find many of the combat scenes are like that. Very mesmerising.
  22. Still playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 to unlock the "true ending". In typical JRPG form, there are grinding elements involved to meet certain criteria... (lily ranks in this case). Normally I wouldn't bother but the true ending adds two whole chapters which you can't ignore...
  23. You finished Dog Days? Would you be keen on submitting a quick review? Let me know if you are and I'll get the landing page/discussion thread created. Would be helpful to others interested in the show. :)

    1. EmperorQinmon

      EmperorQinmon

      Hm? Oh, yeah, I finished the first season of DogDays. Haven't(and probably won't) finish DogDaysDash though. Do you mean all the series, or just the first season?

    2. Optic

      Optic

      Just the first season at this stage as a starting point. :D

    3. EmperorQinmon

      EmperorQinmon

      Oh. Yeah, I guess I could write a review. How extensive are we talking?

  24. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Will take them into consideration for the next rotation. That is powered by a jQuery plugin called Backstretch. Works great visually on all devices BUT if you have too many images in the set it can definitely take up lots of memory.
×
×
  • Create New...