Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. I have the download version which I bought from the PSN store, carrying around those Vita cartridges is annoying. Yes, Japanese voices with English subtitles is absolutely available in the options.
  2. Rikka! But at this stage, only one image per character - otherwise too much choice for the user. As you've provided two images for Rikka I will pick the first one to do, along with Yui. On the to-do list. For now we will keep it the way it is, as it would take considerable effort to rename all the old ones. Appreciate the idea though, and something to consider if we ever need to revamp all of them. I've lost count of how many you've contributed. On the to-do list.
  3. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S is my main show at the moment. It's considerably darker than the first one. And a few shows/movies on the side from my recent Blu-ray purchases: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Full Metal Panic Little Busters Refrain
  4. CSS3 is truly wonderful.

  5. Out of curiosity how much RAM do you have these days?
  6. The Kongou sisters are fricken hilarious. [spoiler=Fubuki's reaction]Seeing Fubuki's expression after they introduced themselves really brought a smile to my face. But more importantly, that final scene: [spoiler=Fubuki and Mutsuki] ...when Fubuki hugged Mutsuki as she cried out for Kisaragi, finally acknowledging her death was the most touching scene of all. Overall I liked that episode, so much I decided to add more characters to the banner and change it a little.
  7. All these 35°C days made me feel a little ill. Should be fully recovered for the weekend.

  8. Nendoroid figure of Noel is now available for pre-order: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4828/Nendoroid+Noel.html You know you want it. Pre-ordered.
  9. Green Heart - Hyperdimension Neptunia anime gallery complete (quickie). Also working on Noel - Sora no Method gallery.

  10. Was going to suggest Another but you've already saw it. Tokyo Ghoul would be a good candidate. Very gory, make sure you watch the uncensored version, FUNnimation had a field day censoring that one with their release.
  11. Welcome to Anime Forums. :)

  12. Optic

    Creating an AMV

    Very good pointers and insight Yuuki, thank you for sharing. I think I agree with you on slow paced AMVs being harder, as there is greater risk of boring the viewer if the chosen scenes don't have impact or don't match the song when compared to an action AMV where there is more leniency for that.
  13. Optic

    File Explorer

    I've been working on new galleries on my new Surface Pro 3 and was going to reinstall QTTabBar but I've actually found it easier to just snap two windows side by side. Even though it's only a 12" screen, the resolution is 2160x1440. Despite it being a relatively small screen, it's really sharp... and dragging pictures using the pen is kind of fun.
  14. I'm currently working on adding a few more to the list, specifically characters from the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise. Additional requests are still open and ongoing.
  15. I've implemented a new feature that lets you filter the thread list by its prefix. Currently I've only enabled this for the Anime Title Discussion section. All you have to do is click on a prefix in the new area here: ...and the thread list will update, displaying threads with your selected prefix like so: This should make things easier and may be useful if more prefixes are added in future.
  16. I really am wondering how Inaho is going to better Slaine due to that ability the Tharsis has.
  17. Well I only I visited once for the purposes of work which was hitching along with a school in a supervisory capacity as we visited schools directly. Though it was great gaining so much insight across many Japanese school visits, it was quite hectic and to be frank - a little nerve wracking as it was my first time there so had some slight culture shock and was worried I might make a bad impression with the norms (bowing, honorific titles, etc.). Second time I visited a year later as a tourist for holiday at a leisurely pace. Possibly will be visiting again late this year, depends how my current job prospects go. I work in the IT industry so I was hoping I could try and gain some experience there that is related to my career, but I feel I really need to work on attaining a decent level of Japanese proficiency first. At my workplace we have two Japanese teachers who have good connections back in Japan so I will be consulting with them on a few matters...
  18. Further to my Japanese Snacks topic, I also took the opportunity to buy some canned coffee at a local import shop called Nippon Food Supplies. I really enjoyed buying these from the vending machines during my trip in Japan so it was nice to find another place to buy them here in Perth, Western Australia. Some of the Japanese restaurants here also sell them too. UCC and Suntory brand Japanese canned coffee: As the packaging implies, the UCC one is plain black coffee. The Suntory one though has skim milk in it and is considerably more expensive. To be frank, if you're looking for a caffeine hit then you're not going to get it. At least when compared to a morning espresso. But they're light, refreshing and have a nice taste. Especially on warmer days where you don't usually want a hot coffee but still want to taste some coffee. Have you ever tried Japanese canned coffee? If so how did you find it?
  19. Bought some snacks from a Japanese import food shop called Nippon Food Supplies. For the benefit of any other West Australians, this shop can be found in Subiaco, West Perth. Grape gummy chews and chocolate candy: Rice crackers: Unfortunately I can't read the packaging but they did have basic translations on the shelf in-store. Overall they're pretty tasty. Do you have any favourite Japanese snacks?
  20. So I bought a new Surface Pro 3 i5 256 GB tablet yesterday... I've been keeping an eye on this device for awhile now and finally decided to take the plunge as I was really curious on how Microsoft implemented the touch Metro elements on their flagship tablet. I'm still getting used to Windows 8.1 and will post a more in-depth review a little later. I'm hoping this will help improve my workflow for some Anime Forums related stuff. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it.
  21. Are you working on any galleries at the moment? Would like to start on one for Noel-chan if you haven't already started it, if that's cool with you.

    1. drill

      drill

      You can start a Noel gallery. I'm about halfway through the Lelouch gallery, but don't really feel like uploading it until its all done.

    2. Optic

      Optic

      Alright, sounds good!

  22. Hello yuuki, welcome to Anime Forums! Thank you for joining our community and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
  23. Long weekend due to Australia Day, will be able to catch up on some things :)

    1. drill

      drill

      That sounds nice, I hope you enjoy your day off :)

  24. Honoka Kousaka - Love Live! School Idol Project gallery complete.

  25. Hmm... this series is OK so far. I'm really hoping we learn more about their past lives and see the Strikers fighting to their full potential. That flashback on the first episode was great. Also Satsuki's voice is really bothering me. Way too hyper. The fan service I find it a little overwhelming. It tries to tell a serious story but the fan service is oddly placed. Moroha getting buried in Shizuno's chest, really? Overall I'm finding the character designs and animation a little average too which is bizarre, isn't this animated by Diomedea, the same studio as Kantai Collection? I found the animations in Kantai more vivid...
×
×
  • Create New...