Jump to content

brycec

AF Member
  • Posts

    1,992
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

Everything posted by brycec

  1. I think you raise a good point here, though I would say it is important to doubt your own party members too. As humans, we do have difficulties doubting people we trust or think we can trust, and fall prey to thinking certain conclusions based on incomplete stats, but because your party can betray you, you must douby your fellow members. And yeah, Myne is wretched. Of course, that just makes me more excited for what supposedly happens to her.
  2. It probably differs depending on the region, since it seems to get colder the further east you go, as well as going further north. Here, in the west, it seems more common to leave them on.
  3. Do we need to get out pitchforks and torches and pillage the town?
  4. Same thing I do now, unless I end up in a future where I am the smartest in the world, like Idiocracy. How would you avoid losing your job if you found yourself homeless?
  5. I would eliminate the bitter taste, so medicine would be easier to take when needed. What would you do if you knew what would happen in the future, but nobody believed you?
  6. Yeah, they do. They reminded me a bit of a boot-like style in the form of shoes and cost about $100 USD. This makes me laugh a bit because some people told me I had ninja-like stealth.
  7. Not sure I would want either, but I would say the search engine, as it is the most used. Would you rather live in ignorance, knowing only what your elders and peers want you want to believe and know, or live with the stress of knowing what others do not realize?
  8. Thanks for the suggestion. Might look into them sometime. These are the ones I currently use, as my family wants my footwear to have soles and traction. Unfortunately, the traction seems to be too good to be able to do quick evading, though it could just be that I have not adjusted to the level of traction the have.
  9. Never tried flavored water, but I prefer regular. would you want to live in Bill Gates’s mansion, if you ever had the chance?
  10. Thanks. Mine current footwear are somewhat slip on like, but needs some pushing or pulling, so that it will not fall off while walking. We, in the US, do not even have a bidet, so very few of us would even know their purpose or how to use them.
  11. Apple. Android has annoyed me. What would you do if you had a child with an IQ of over 1000?
  12. I would agree on scorching and freezing days would be a bit inconvenient. I tried getting the mail completely bare foot during the summer once and that was uncomfortable, but I would not care to much in general about going on the street or asphalt. Heck, I had to go barefoot once for a while because my toe was bothering me whenever I put socks and footwear on, though at the time I was iffy on it, due to a perception of barefoot in establishments was not allowed. For me, it is just easier, as there is not always a place to sit when entering establishments. Because of my disability, I have troubles balancing on one of my feet, which makes it hard to put on or take off footwear.
  13. Mine is going good. Just relaxing for the day, before deciding want else I want to donate to the library before summer officially hits.
  14. Million dollars for life, that way, I can travel as much as I want and/or not need to worry about bills and such. What would you do if you found out that you inherited a large sum of money from a stranger and it was not a scam?
  15. Looks like we are looking for you whenever you want to join in, @RyePotatoes.
  16. Yeah, outside the house too. Supposedly, it is better because you have better traction when you are completely bare foot, plus you get more data, thanks to the sense, in addition to being easier to learn to walk. There could be dangers like that, but generally, we do not trust our bodies enough anyway, at least over here, so it would be iffy. We probably are not the heaviest into it (if anything we are way too obsessed with body odor to the point where we unknowingly negatively affect the immune system), but we have been so obsessed with covering our feet that people find it disgusting to go into the streets without shoes, regardless of whether you have socks or not (my own mother would not let me walk in the parking lot without footwear for sanitation reasons and possible wear and tear of sock, even though the footwear I had at the time would not stay on and I was frustrated at the time). Never knew it either, until my brother went there, but we might need an Aussie to confirm it, seeing how my BIL said that soda tastes differently in the UK from the US, but one of the people from the UK I have contact with made it seem like the taste is going to be similar for some sodas, due to the sugar tax.
  17. We need to call her in here. Sadly, she seems pretty busy.
  18. This one really depends on the person and reason. There are a few people that go barefoot inside, and some people that are completely barefoot all the time. However, the thing that bothers me is our obsession with cleanliness and sanitation. Both are good, but not always for the right reasons, or because of things people grow to believe. As for the topic at hand, the thing I find weird is that Australia is almost as obsessed with coffee as, or maybe more than, the US. A lot of the nations that had been colonized by Britain tend to be really similar in a lot of ways today, but my brother and SIL, who visited Australia, said Australia is even more similar to the UK than the US, but they drink coffee more than tea.
  19. Well, time travel and time itself are rather complex. The past, present, and future have been said to be occurring simulteanously, at least according to the following article by Pault Ratner on Big Think, who credits Dr. Kristie Miller, of the University of Sydney, though I though it came up earlier than that, since the article was dated 2018, as I thought it was mentioned in The Fabrics of the Cosmos. https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/a-controversial-theory-claims-present-past-and-future-exist-at-the-same-time If you include parallel worlds or universes, much in the same fashion as time travel in Dragon Ball, then it should be possible, but that would be iffy as the future still would have occurred, since parallel worlds deal with each possibility being true in its own world (e.g. a coin showing heads in our world, but it being tails in a parallel world).
  20. I heard about the delay and I am not really that pleased with it. If the dubs were delayed by two weeks from the beginning, like FUNimation has done for pretty much every series in the past, except My Hero Academia, I would have been pleased, but this is just disappointing, since I would want to watch this, even if I had a headache. However, that article is a little inaccurate. It says the dub for episode 19 is the 19th, but the 19th is not even a Wednesday. Plus, according to the series page on Crunchyroll, the episode 19 dub is scheduled for the 29th, so the true schedule will be as follows: 19 - 5/29 20 - 6/5 21 - 6/12 22 - 6/19 23 - 6/26 24 - 7/3 25 - 7/10 So far, only the first of those was wrong in the article you linked. This was a little more accurate and even has a link to the Crunchyroll article. https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/05/14/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-english-dub-delay-release-schedule-change/ All I can say though is that I am glad I am not watching the series on Crunchyroll anymore (I hate how Crunchyroll keeps telling me the next episode is the pilot episode, rather than just staying at the most recent episode and marking it as watched)
  21. Probably going to get some flack for this, but there are two, which are: Attack on Titan HunterxHunter Both wasted my time more than anything. What would you do if you found out you were your own grandfather/grandmother?
  22. Why not. As long as the grill does not burst into flames.
  23. Looks like we are now making plans for a BBQ.
  24. A little exhausted from walking, but I am doing good.
×
×
  • Create New...