Venting

IntoMyWorld

Sorry if this is the wrong place I just need to vent.

So I don't know what to do, I've been told I need to contribute to the household our Move out at the end of the year. I cant contribute cause I can't get a job and I can't move out cause I can't get a job, I've been trying for three years and not a single place has called me back!

Ontop of that I'm constantly reminded by my family that the fact I'm gay is disgusting!, they are religious, so I feel so trapped! But once again I can't move out to escape.

I don't know what to do, all my friends apart from one don't want to know me cause they don't want to be around "Gay" people

I'm sick of this

Someone find me a gay cure, cause apparently its not ok

Im at the limit of what I can take

Edited by Guest

for getting a job there's nothing i can really suggest except working harder and asking more places, maybe ask them what was wrong with your application or after an interview ask what u did wrong if u get rejected.

As for the gay thing i would look to find yourself some open minded people and try to ignore all the mean comments thats what ive always done although my parents dont know yet so i havent had the experience to learn how to make things right with parents although im always free to message if u want to vent some more but thats up to you

• Optimistic 1
  • Friendly 1

Hey, Let me just tell you that firstly, I cant help at all with jobs. I mean, I have no idea what qualifications you have or anything, so I cant help you there, apart from advice you to keep looking.

On the other hand, I will definitely tell you to keep looking out and believing in yourself. You are the only person who can truly take control of yourself. You know what you want, whilst others don't. never EVER let anyone brainwash you into thinking your decisions are wrong, because they aren't. Anything you do is justified by your own mind and freedom of speech and creative thought.

Trust me, if you don't give up, everything will turn out good for you. just stay determined and never hold back on how you feel or anything.

You only got one shot at life. make it count!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Optimistic 2

I can understand your frustrations with finding a job.. I have always worked since I was old enough, but have recently been out of work and finding a job CAN be tough! And very stressful.. Have you tried calling places back? A lot of times, or so I've noticed, places will wait for you to call back. I'm not sure if it's to see the level of determination you have or if they're just lazy about hiring lol But I've heard and even had experience where following up, staying on their butt and calling every other day has resulted in finding work. It's importrant to always contribute to a house hold, but hang in there! You can only live day by day. Just keep trying to find work (:

As for the other situation, the best advice I can give is this: I'm not sure how old you are, but your best result would probably to find a job asap and get your own place. You shouldn't always have to live in a situation where you can't be yourself.. Or where you don't feel safe. For other reasons, I moved out right when I turned 18. And I struggled. But I had the freedom to be who I wanted to be and the leisure of feeling safe and happier. Not everyone is always going to be on your side. If there is one thing I have learned, it's that. Sometimes we have to make our own and live our own life. But the people that actually matter, will always be on your side. Friends, family... No matter what, do you! Don't ever change or let someone control what your future is. Start controlling your own future and you will be much happier! ^_^

Also, don't EVER apologize for who you are! Don't EVER wish to change! There's nothing wrong with being Gay. It's still hard for me to believe that on 2016, people still can't get over it... But just because you have some haters, doesn't mean you should change. (;

Edited by Guest
  • Optimistic 1
  • Winner 2

I agree with Kirry in relation to calling companies up, I personally don't, as I feel if they say "you will receive a call in the next seven working days if successful", they should call, after all, otherwise they are breaking their word, and I feel people should always honour their word!

I too am having problems trying to find employment with the "right" companies, because it seems I might be "over-qualified" (news to me), and thus a "flight risk", it's a shame I can't put a post-it note on my CV to say, "if hired, will work to the best of my ability, for a long time"!

For me, I see two routes for my life;

• one, as the "right" companies don't want me, it might be best I start my own business, although no idea what (I have some ideas, but whether they will work, I don't know), and to be honest, I'm not sure I have the drive to be my own boss, force myself to work a 9-5 job;
  • two, work for a "wrong" company, until I scrape enough cash together, and train to be a teacher, bizarre thought that teaching would be a fall back, but I'm in two minds, as unsure if I would be able to handle it, and although I would prefer to teach Secondary School, I might be better suited to Primary School!

Are you looking for any specific jobs, or just any job?

I personally am looking at office based jobs, however have thrown my CV into the ring for other jobs, such as the one I just had (for a week - I wasn't very good at it, plus there were family problems), and another I got a phone call about last week, which I might chase up again tomorrow!

There are some "wrong" jobs, that might be too "difficult" to apply for, I came across an advert that there was a restaurant looking for staff, however I decided not to apply, as they may wonder why a graduate would want to serve food, they might consider me a "flight risk", so basically with "wrong" jobs, it's looking at what sort of jobs aren't what you want, but would see your skills as useful!

Where are you looking for jobs?

When I signed on to receive benefits from the government, they told me that newspapers were out the window in relation to a source of job adverts, and that the future was twitter and facebook, have you looked to see if there are any twitter or facebook groups for jobs in your local area, or asked around, to see if anyone knows of any?

Another source for jobs are jobs fairs, do you know if there are any on soon in your area? Again, that's more searching on the internet, or asking around!

Anyway, I hope some of that is of help to you!

• Agree 1

Good to hear, "hey everyone, get down to Somewhere Boring, New Zealand, the burgers are on Sloth_Chocolate" ;)!

It's interesting you got a job with Burger King, as one of my friends thought I had got one there too; I text him because I found out when passing a certain Burger King, it did home delivery(!?), so he must have only just glanced at the message at first!

Good to hear, "hey everyone, get down to Somewhere Boring, New Zealand, the burgers are on Sloth_Chocolate" ;)!

It's interesting you got a job with Burger King, as one of my friends thought I had got one there too; I text him because I found out when passing a certain Burger King, it did home delivery(!?), so he must have only just glanced at the message at first!

Dont celebrate too fast!, it was horrible, totally not the job for me and after 2 hours i quit, yes i sound like a diva, but if my heart isint 100% in the job i just wont be productive.

I just give up, anytime anything happens its just not right or i'm no good at it. I'm completely useless.

I can relate to how you must feel. I often times use to do that because of my social anxiety as I was younger. Different circumstances, but same results. Look, life is difficult. Things aren't how they use to be. But you should never just give up. Like you and I, not everyone works their dream job... sometimes, people have to start somewhere bad to end up somewhere better. It's like I said before, you gotta work hard to reach a situation where you can be truly happy. ^_^ I believe in you! You can do anything if you put your mind up to it!

Edited by Guest

Dont celebrate too fast!, it was horrible, totally not the job for me and after 2 hours i quit, yes i sound like a diva, but if my heart isint 100% in the job i just wont be productive.

To be honest, working in the fast food industry doesn't seem like a great job to me, obviously no offence to anyone in that sort of job, but I don't feel it's a satisfying place to work, but for some people, I guess it might be!

I just give up, anytime anything happens its just not right or i'm no good at it. I'm completely useless.

I guess that's something you're going to have to work on! I did leave my last job after a week, but it wasn't just because I wasn't good at it, I had family problems too!

If I didn't have family problems, I might have stuck at it, although one of the Team Leaders had singled me out for underperforming before I'd really got the hang of the job, so I might not have been in it that much longer!

I have stuck at my previous jobs, even though I've disliked them; one I worked in until I was dismissed for underperfoming, and the other I left, before I was dismissed for underperforming!