NightDancer

Digimon or Pokemon?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Digimon or Pokemon?

• Digimon
    • Pokemon
    • Both
    • Neither

It's a tough choice but I always found Digimon to be more mature than Pokemon and also, I liked that in season 2 all the characters grew up so there was a definite ending to the series but that will never happen with Pokemon :(

I like both but Digimon is more realistic. I love it how there are two worlds, ours (so we can relate) and the Digiworld! :D it makes me wish Digimon was real when I was a kid =)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

Well, since we are talking about it in the anime section, I will rate it based on the anime itself which definitely means that Digimon is better than pokemon for me.

Digimon to me is something which is more realistic like Nightdancer say. Imagine a world besides our world with a different species, or a world with us filled with pokemon. Its like telling all the animals living in our world to turn into pokemon.

But then, the Digimon anime were definitely better since they had a more solid story in them

The only thing with Digimon is that sometimes when they digivolve they don't look like the previous form at all xD I mean patamon turning into an angel? xD That's a bit disappointing sometimes.

The only thing with Digimon is that sometimes when they digivolve they don't look like the previous form at all xD I mean patamon turning into an angel? xD That's a bit disappointing sometimes.

It wasn't that disappointing. At least we always got to see Patamon so we didn't see Angemon much... plus does Gatomon look like an angel either? I think it would have been difficult to come up with a Digimon that looked like Patamon. Sometimes Digimon look too much alike to their previous form such as Terriormon.

True... but when a lot of um do digivolve they tend to look a hell of a lot more bad-ass than their previous forms.

At least there arnt any digimon that just look like a depy ice cream cone >_>

Haha true, I really agree with you on that! Pokemon is just going on for too long I guess xD

But I asked my boyfriend to match the in-training digimon's with the rookie ones (he never watched digimon). He really thinks Yokomon and Palmon should be a match, I can understand why because the flower on their head is exactly the same, only the colour is different xD

One nice thing I like about Digimon is that the kids normally stick to one digimon, whereas in Pokemon, you just keep getting new pokemon, catching more and more.

Yeah they really become best friends! And you could understand them better cause they could talk like humans :D

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

I voted for both. However as far as the anime goes, it's Digimon for me. For the game on the other hand, it's Pokemon.

There weren't any Digimon games here that I could play, so jealous! xD

There weren't any Digimon games here that I could play, so jealous! xD

You didn't really miss out on much! The Digimon games weren't very good. I loved Digimon Rumble Arena though. Such a fun game and it was great how they had the voices of the human characters giving out demands of how the Digimon should attack. I never liked Digimon World much but I think maybe I should try to play them again, maybe I was too young to enjoy Digimon World? I could have been too impatient for it. Plus that Digimon Card Trading Game was so boring as well ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think I desire Pokémon > Digimon. It's not mature as many think (except the newest one holy crap what an upgrade:crazy::crazy::crazy:) but its got more continuation I think. I see pokemon overall than digimon. I never really got into digimon but I remember playing the games and watching the movies. They were pretty awesome but I still fantasized over pokemon than anything. Not to mention the games oml they get better everytime.

In terms of anime, neither are very good, and I'll take Monster Rancher over either of them any day of the week, but as far as Impact goes, Pokemon is the clear winner. I know more about Pokemon, and I care more about it because it made a bigger impact on me. Digimon is fine but it came at a point where I wasn't interested in another similar sort of show and it's games, which are the bigger market at this point or SAO games quality which is bad to say the least. Pokemon is he clear winner.

Digimon hands down. Pokemon are creatures and nothing else. Digimon, on the other hand, has digital monsters with a personality. Everything with Pokemon revolves around Pikachu. It gets kind of boring. Every Pokemon episode was just another battle without any stakes or purpose beyond another gym badge.

• Geano locked this topic