Digimon Adventure Tri. (2015)

EmperorQinmon

Apologies for the double post, but new less blurry poster for the next movie has surfaced, heck there might even be a better one than this, but stumbled onto this one with no effort, just noticed someone had updated the -tri- page on Digimon wikia, so thought I'd have a look:

Just dropping by.

Poster caught my attention out of curiosity.

Found a higher quality version of that poster so I've updated your post accordingly. ;)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.my/2015/12/tri-ketsui-info-animedia-feburary-issue.html

1. Apparently, this is floating around. Some info regarding the upcoming movie in March. Apparently, since she's back in Japan, Mimi wants to go to an onsen and by the description, seems she'll be going to the Oedo Onsen Monogatari. She wants to do this to welcome in Meiko.

This bothers me on many levels, personally. I like the idea of them visiting that particular onsen (I've always been curious about it and I'm surely never going to get a chance to probably go lol) and I have no problem with Mimi wanting to welcome in a new friend to join her, Sora, and Hikari, but I hate the fact that NOTHING was mentioned about the 02 kids here. What about frickin' Miyako? Seriously, Mimi and Miyako acted like sisters.

2. Anywho, as for Jou, he's conflicted with his upcoming exams and a bit bothered over the fact that Digimon are causing trouble again. It's interfering with his school life.

3. Apparently, there'll be an infected Ogremon or something and Koushirou will get into a spat with Mimi over fighting it. I dunno.

4. I'm sure more will be revealed later on, but if the movies continue going down the path of ignoring the 02 kids or having the characters in-universe ignoring their actual existence, then this will probably be my most disliked thing to ever come out of the Adventure universe...although, there's an interview with this series director, I think and was asked what each child would do for Christmas. With Hikari, he mentioned that she would be with her good childhood friend for a party and how they would talk about boys (Daisuke, Takeru) and other girlish things...so there is still some hope.

5. Edit: Here it is... Adventure kids' Christmas plans. It was the producer, not the director.

http://s11.postimg.org/t09bg6gb7/Unbenannt.png

This Year Is Special! We’ve Delivered Q&A Vol. 2!

How Grown-Up Taichi And His Friends Will Spend Christmas ♡

Yagami Taichi: Taichi can probably have a short break after a preliminary match of the winter soccer championship. He might invite his close teammates to his house and have a big party with them. Being young guys, they will have yaminabe as a prank for fun. Even if they go too far, Agumon will eat up everything. I guess they’ll enjoy the boys’ hotpot party.

Ishida Yamato: Maybe as an annual custom, Yamato will hold a Christmas concert and sing a new song with his new band. He might also prepare to perform some sweet Christmas songs for his fans. Uniting with them, he will have an exciting gig.

Takenouchi Sora: Sora will go to Yamato’s concert with Motomiya Jun. She still can’t get into Jun’s aggressive moshing. However, she might get carried away by Yamato’s voice and watch over him fondly.

Tachikawa Mimi: Mimi will host a Christmas party. She will invite Michael (who is from America), Koushirou, and other friends and have fun with them. She might welcome everyone with her amazingly creative cooking, such as “kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream”. Everyone will be enjoying them.

Izumi Koushirou: Koushirou will be forcibly invited to Mimi’s party. He will talk in English with Michael, because he has improved his English recently. They might get excited to talk about the SAT college admissions test and recent IT companies.

Kido Jou: Unfortunately, a very important entrance exam is coming up soon. It’s time for Jou to begin his final cramming sessions. He knows it and he’s been studying very hard at home and without play. He might excuse himself from Mimi’s party between sobs.

Takaishi Takeru: Takeru might assist Yamato with his concert. To create a good mood he will invite lots of girls from his school and have fun. If he writes a blog about the concert later, he’ll probably take it upon himself to document everything.

Yagami Hikari: Hikari will attend a Christmas party hosted by a close classmate she’s known since elementary school. They might talk about boys such as Takeru and Daisuke, etc.. The party will heat up with girl talk.

1: http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/en/top/

I just did a Google search on it and it's a real-life public bath house in Odaiba.

Also, there's this possibility about the 02 Quartet opted to search for their partners, even when it meant indeed receiving a beatdown from Alphamon. Even the notion of the Original 8, being at peace with the 02 Quartet's unanimous decision, shows if you think about it.

2: Poor Joe; it's safe to say he takes his crest very seriously, to the point he genuinely feels distraught about that situation.

3: I read that too; that wasn't the first time they had an argument. Even episode 10, they argued.

4: This might mean their defeat at the hands of Alphamon might play a role on the theory how "Ryo Akiyama and Zeed Millenniummon will be major players in tri."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/DigimonAdventureTri

5: Cool info; if Koushiro decided to study in the US and Mimi's parents got sent back there for business, then it's a match.

1: http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/en/top/

I just did a Google search on it and it's a real-life public bath house in Odaiba.

I know. The link didn't say it, but I assumed it was that one. I still doubt I'll ever go, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll be portrayed in the show.
Also, there's this possibility about the 02 Quartet opted to search for their partners, even when it meant indeed receiving a beatdown from Alphamon. Even the notion of the Original 8, being at peace with the 02 Quartet's unanimous decision, shows if you think about it.
I still wish they'd acknowledge them, though. That would satisfy me fine.
2: Poor Joe; it's safe to say he takes his crest very seriously, to the point he genuinely feels distraught about that situation.
I predicted this before the movie even came out. lol He's in his last year of high school which means studying for university entrance exams.
3: I read that too; that wasn't the first time they had an argument. Even episode 10, they argued.
It was kind of one sided given how calm Koushirou was. Mimi just frustrated and took off.
4: This might mean their defeat at the hands of Alphamon might play a role on the theory how "Ryo Akiyama and Zeed Millenniummon will be major players in tri."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/DigimonAdventureTri

Now this would be awesome.
5: Cool info; if Koushiro decided to study in the US and Mimi's parents got sent back there for business, then it's a match.
Never thought about it, but given Koushirou's computer skills and networking and his possible interest in IT stuff, I could see him studying abroad.

The possibility of Mr. Tachikawa being shipped out again is possible. I've been told that if you work in a Japanese company with branches, expect to be shipped off at least once, whether it's for a year, three or maybe even five. I had a student who had to move to Brazil. He and his wife were studying English (with me) and Portuguese. They left last year and will be there four years.

Found a higher quality version of that poster so I've updated your post accordingly. ;)

Cheers, nearly fell off my chair when I saw it, before seeing your post :D!

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.my/2015/12/tri-ketsui-info-animedia-feburary-issue.html

Apparently, there'll be an infected Ogremon or something and Koushirou will get into a spat with Mimi over fighting it. I dunno.

Takenouchi Sora: Sora will go to Yamato’s concert with Motomiya Jun. She still can’t get into Jun’s aggressive moshing. However, she might get carried away by Yamato’s voice and watch over him fondly.

Tachikawa Mimi: Mimi will host a Christmas party. She might welcome everyone with her amazingly creative cooking, such as “kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream”. Everyone will be enjoying them. Jou might excuse himself from Mimi’s party between sobs.

Yagami Hikari: Hikari will attend a Christmas party hosted by a close classmate she’s known since elementary school. They might talk about boys such as Takeru and Daisuke, etc.. The party will heat up with girl talk.

You missed out the bit about "brings unexpected result" (see link), however my money is on that "unexpected result" being the same "result" that's depicted in the poster, Lilymon evolving into Rosemon!

Since when did Sora and Jun become such good friends?

Jun: That boyfriend stealing hu-(Sora arrives)-llo, glad you could make it!

Although it's nice to see Jun had an appreciation for the music, and not just it's artist! And shipping for Sora there, I see!

Mimi might welcome everyone with her "kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream"... that'll be (at least?) the second time Koushiro has had to rush to the bathroom because of someone's cooking, but then the "first" time, was the dub (movie), where Yuuko Yagami is an experimental cook!

Is Jou doing the sobbing or Mimi? I can see it going either way, or both; crocodile (Mimi) or real Do-or-Die (Jou) tears!

Is this the same friend, whose party Taichi interrupted continually, trying to get Hikari to come home, only to be told that the magician hadn't sawed her in half yet?

Wow, the dub movie is heavily hardwired into my memory, and yet, I've watched the original version(s), more times, and more recently, apparently not enough to purge the dub movie from memory!

I still wish they'd acknowledge them, though. That would satisfy me fine.

@Koumi: Theory? It's possible, but why did the 02 Quartet have to search for their partners, and yet the Original 8 did not? Although at this present time, I can't remember how the partner Digimon of the original 8 returned!

@ssjup81: *in most Christopher Lloyd voice as possible* It's like they're being erased... from history!

Serious thought though, memories could have been altered, after all we've not see 02 Quartet on Milk Boxes yet... that would be cool though, if they for movie promo (for the movie they appear in), do fake "Missing" announcements on Milk Boxes!

Motomiya Daisuke: Last seen 21 November 2015, however details are unclear, as parents seem adamant that they only have one child, but sister (Jun), talks about constant pain of having a little brother, as if speaking from experience!

Still, if people's memories are altered, as to the existence of the 02 Quartet, what Digimon would have the power to do that, and would they be working for/under Alphamon?

It was kind of one sided given how calm Koushirou was. Mimi just frustrated and took off.

I can't remember it at the moment, but I can see it happening, Koushirou is quite mature for his age, and in Adventure, Mimi is quite tall for her age (or maybe she's normal height, I don't know), it's crazy to remember they're the same age sometimes, when watching Adventure!

Now this would be awesome.

Ryo's really wracking up those frequent flyer miles, but I agree, that would be awesome! So will he be using his D-Ark or borrowing everyone else's Digivices again ;)?

Also, if the 02 Quartet are erased from memories, Ryo being safe in the Tamers universe, could be key in getting everyone to remember the 02 Quartet!

Never thought about it, but given Koushirou's computer skills and networking and his possible interest in IT stuff, I could see him studying abroad.

@Koumi: That a shipping hint there ;)?

@ssjup81: True, I don't think we're told where he's based in the Epilogue, just that he does technical work for the Digital World!

Edited by Guest

You missed out the bit about "brings unexpected result" (see link), however my money is on that "unexpected result" being the same "result" that's depicted in the poster, Lilymon evolving into Rosemon!
When I said, "I dunno", I kinda meant, "I'm not sure what's going to happen from there" or if I was interpreting it right, but yeah, it could result in Lilymon evolving. Now, if that is the case, I'm curious how Koushirou, Jou, Yamato, Mimi, and Sora will react to it. If the dramas are to be taken canonically, then they shouldn't react at all as this would be the second time Mimi's Digimon has evolved to Rosemon.
Since when did Sora and Jun become such good friends?
Apparently good enough to attend concerts. lol That aside, that just confirms that she's still living in Odaiba I guess. By this point in time, she should be 20 and a university student. That aside, I'm surprised that Momoe (Miyako's oldest sister; Chizuru was in Yamato's class in 02 and the same age as he, Taichi, and Sora), wasn't mentioned, now that I'm thinking about it. For 02, she was Jun's good friend, same age and was also a fan of Yamato's band and would attend them with Jun.

Although it's nice to see Jun had an appreciation for the music, and not just it's artist! And shipping for Sora there, I see!

Yep, that could be it, although, it really seemed liked she "got the message" in 02 when she saw Yamato and Sora and started asking about Shuu when he brought Daisuke home. So yeah, maybe she did like the front man, but actually is a fan of Yamato's band's music more. She probably put two and two together when seeing Sora giving Yamato his present in 02 too as she did barge in.
Mimi might welcome everyone with her "kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream"... that'll be (at least?) the second time Koushiro has had to rush to the bathroom because of someone's cooking, but then the "first" time, was the dub (movie), where Yuuko Yagami is an experimental cook!
That was a dub insert. He just ate/drank too much.

Oh and the Kimchi fried rice with strawberries and whipped cream is kind of a throwback to Adventure. Her mother prepared strange dishes all the time, and that was one of them. I like how they're setting Mimi up to be a food analyst/researcher. I also liked how this first film, when Mimi was giving out the omiyage to the Digimon and the others how she mentioned something about experimenting with food (forgot what exactly).

Also, it was noted that Mimi had strange tastes back in Adventure in the egg episode where Gomamon evolved for the first time to Ikkakumon. She liked her eggs prepared with sugar and natto. All the kids thought that was strange...but here's something else interesting. The only other child that was given a look or thought of as strange for his egg preference was Koushirou. He liked his eggs prepared with ponzu. I like ponzu....never had it with egg though. I think even Takeru was like, "Ew" or something equivalent to that. Of course, for my head canon, Koushirou likes strange food combinations as much as Mimi does and also has a big appetite (original story drama that took place in spring of 2001 where he was telling Gennai how he was starting his last year of elementary school and how he recently became the Computer Club President and how the incoming girls were taller than him and how he was going to eat more to grow taller). Yup, my head canon. lol

I just found it ironic how they set up those two like that for the egg ep.

Is Jou doing the sobbing or Mimi? I can see it going either way, or both; crocodile (Mimi) or real Do-or-Die (Jou) tears!
I think it would be Jou doing the sobbing. lol
Is this the same friend, whose party Taichi interrupted continually, trying to get Hikari to come home, only to be told that the magician hadn't sawed her in half yet?
Yeah, I think it's that friend. I don't recall a magician for the original though, but that's a cute line nonetheless. lol
@ssjup81: *in most Christopher Lloyd voice as possible* It's like they're being erased... from history!

Serious thought though, memories could have been altered, after all we've not see 02 Quartet on Milk Boxes yet... that would be cool though, if they for movie promo (for the movie they appear in), do fake "Missing" announcements on Milk Boxes!

That would be funny, but I don't think they do that here. lol
Motomiya Daisuke: Last seen 21 November 2015, however details are unclear, as parents seem adamant that they only have one child, but sister (Jun), talks about constant pain of having a little brother, as if speaking from experience!
2005. This is taking place in 2005. :-P But you could be onto something. What if it's like 02 all over again and how people's memories of the Adventure and Diablomon events started to fade from memory thanks to the Gennai copies. What if there is some strong pyschic junk going on?
Still, if people's memories are altered, as to the existence of the 02 Quartet, what Digimon would have the power to do that, and would they be working for/under Alphamon?
Yeah...I kinda hope it does go this way now. That'd be interesting. It'll also explain why the Adventure kids haven't even acknowledged the 02 group in any way.
I can't remember it at the moment, but I can see it happening, Koushirou is quite mature for his age, and in Adventure, Mimi is quite tall for her age (or maybe she's normal height, I don't know), it's crazy to remember they're the same age sometimes, when watching Adventure!
Well, for the Adventure argument, it was pretty one-sided in the sense that Koushirou didn't even know he was in an argument to begin with and didn't really get why Mimi was so upset in the first place. She rushed off before he could actually react and stuff getting down to it and Mimi did wait patiently for him before finally losing her patience when he started to completely ignore her.

Koushirou was mature in some ways when comparing him to Mimi at that time. Mimi acted more her age. She grew up carefree and a bit sheltered. Koushirou had his adoption complex, refusing to let himself get close to anyone or letting anyone get close to him as he felt he was beneath them...albeit, probably subconsciously. That was an aspect he did seem to want to change though and he started doing so when confronting his parents and them discussing his adoption, which resulted in Koushirou visiting their gravesites and talking openly about it with Gennai. Even in his image themes Version Up and Open Mind, it sounds like he did. Version Up (Adventure) sounds like he wants to improve himself and face challenges. Like "upgrading" himself. Open Mind, it sounds like he did just that by being more open to people, but still has a way to go to open up completely.

Anywho, as for the argument, this time, it sounds like it's going to be an actual argument from both sides. The only time I can recall where Koushirou actually got annoyed enough to raise his voice was in the Michi e no armor shinka drama. It was pretty funny, though. Poor Daisuke. lol

Ryo's really wracking up those frequent flyer miles, but I agree, that would be awesome! So will he be using his D-Ark or borrowing everyone else's Digivices again ;)?
In his final Wonderswan game, he did get his own partner and he did lose his memories of this life in the Adventure side of things and ended up in the Tamers universe.
Also, if the 02 Quartet are erased from memories, Ryo being safe in the Tamers universe, could be key in getting everyone to remember the 02 Quartet!
Writers, PLEASE do something like this!! It'll make me respect you a bit more for pretty much ignoring the 02 kids! lol
@ssjup81: True, I don't think we're told where he's based in the Epilogue, just that he does technical work for the Digital World!
I thought Shuu and Mr. Takenouchi worked with him too in the epilogue. I would assume Japan, but seems that most IT people have to have some grasp of English here. Edited by Guest

No problem the "see link" bit was actually because the site you linked to says "please reference to site"! They probably will be surprised, as it's possible the CD drama might now become non-canon, to account for the people who aren't aware of it! I would say look what Star Wars Episode VII did to the Expanded Universe, but that's that, and this is this; kinda different!

The poster suggests it will not be just Lilymon that evolves, however everyone will be surprised, I guess! Whereas in some instances the first evolutions of partners to Ultimate happen simultaneous, I'm guessing this time it won't, if I've read yours and the website's descriptions, Lilymon's evolution happens during the Onsen excursion, and given Jou's troubles, means he and "Zudomon" will be absent for when that happens, which does cause me to wonder when that happens in the movie!

So, you're gonna have to keep your eye for any class scenes in case Chizuru makes an appearance, in the background :D!

Heh, I've got a dub clip of that, from when Internet wasn't a shopping centre, but more a collection of family run corner shops :D!

Haha, I know, but it seems the dub movie runs deep, and no amount of trying to cut it out of me, seems to work!

Ah right, I'll have to look out for that, when I get back to Adventure, in my re-watch, I'm currently on episode 23 of Tamers, my re-watch is going slower than planned, because I'm getting sidetracked! However I do remember Mimi being a television chef in the Epilogue, so it's definitely a reference!

I believe I do remember that discussion!

Yeah, I think Jou would be the one actually sobbing, Mimi pestering him to stay, threatening to cry if he leaves, and Jou actually crying due to the pestering and the burden he's carrying on his shoulders!

Hori Senri according to Digimon wikia, just stumbled across it! The dub runs deep - it's a dub line, can't remember what the original line is, but I think it's during the Old Maid scene!

Heh, they don't do it here in the UK either, but no matter :D! Could do Lost posters in other places too though, Billboards, one landscape billboard with an image of each of the quartet!

Haha, true, was referencing the "real world" last sighting, but using that date might annoy fans! And can't get away with saying "Digi-year: 2005 (21 November 2015)", given Digital Years advance a lot quicker than real years!

Did that happen? I think the fading of memories (mine), are happening in the real world too :D!

I keep thinking of Lilithmon, but Lilithmon only controlled Akari in Xros Wars (showing her what she desired, to go back to the real world), and not erased her memories! You've mentioned Gennai can alter memories, but then what would be his reason here?

Was Koushiro on his computer? I think I can remember that! Yes, I can see how Mimi and Koushiro's personalities have been shaped by their lives, I do remember some of what you've mentioned there!

Indeed, poor Daisuke :D!

I thought he already had a partner, but only really know general stuff about the Wonderswan games, only what I read (and what sticks in my mind)! Didn't know he lost his memories, I would say that puts a spanner in my works, but well, the memories are in there some where, probably :D!

I remember Shuu being there, but don't think I remember Mr. Takenouchi, although I do think I remember three people, but no matter! True, they could be working from anywhere!

No problem the "see link" bit was actually because the site you linked to says "please reference to site"! They probably will be surprised, as it's possible the CD drama might now become non-canon, to account for the people who aren't aware of it! I would say look what Star Wars Episode VII did to the Expanded Universe, but that's that, and this is this; kinda different!
I will see that movie someday! lol. Anywho, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make that drama canon despite how recent it was.
The poster suggests it will not be just Lilymon that evolves, however everyone will be surprised, I guess! Whereas in some instances the first evolutions of partners to Ultimate happen simultaneous, I'm guessing this time it won't, if I've read yours and the website's descriptions, Lilymon's evolution happens during the Onsen excursion, and given Jou's troubles, means he and "Zudomon" will be absent for when that happens, which does cause me to wonder when that happens in the movie!
You know, aside from Taichi, Jou seems to be the most stressed. I just want to give him a hug.

Anyway, I do wonder how this'll all play out, especially Jou.

So, you're gonna have to keep your eye for any class scenes in case Chizuru makes an appearance, in the background !
Yeah. lol. Unless she ended up at a different high school.
Ah right, I'll have to look out for that, when I get back to Adventure, in my re-watch, I'm currently on episode 23 of Tamers, my re-watch is going slower than planned, because I'm getting sidetracked! However I do remember Mimi being a television chef in the Epilogue, so it's definitely a reference!
Yeah. I also feel they're setting Taichi up for his future career as an ambassador.
I believe I do remember that discussion!
The egg convo? I think for the dub Mimi said she liked her eggs topped with maple syrup and Izzy liked his with mustard and jellybeans. Mimi's isn't TOO strange there, but man...Izzy. lol
Yeah, I think Jou would be the one actually sobbing, Mimi pestering him to stay, threatening to cry if he leaves, and Jou actually crying due to the pestering and the burden he's carrying on his shoulders!
He takes responsibility very seriously. I still want to hug him. He would probably feel bad for ditching but also feel conflicted because of his having to study.
Hori Senri according to Digimon wikia, just stumbled across it! The dub runs deep - it's a dub line, can't remember what the original line is, but I think it's during the Old Maid scene!
I don't recall it either, but I think it was more like, "I'm sorry, I can't come now". I think it was something simple. I'm sure if Taichi would've told her what was going on, she would've gone home. I don't think he ever did, now that I think about it.
Heh, they don't do it here in the UK either, but no matter ! Could do Lost posters in other places too though, Billboards, one landscape billboard with an image of each of the quartet!
Yeah, but the milk carton would be cuter. :P lol

Haha, true, was referencing the "real world" last sighting, but using that date might annoy fans! And can't get away with saying "Digi-year: 2005 (21 November 2015)", given Digital Years advance a lot quicker than real years!

Ah, I get what you did there. lol. That aside, after Adventure, the real world and the Digital World synched up. Both worlds run the same time wise. This why 02 was the way it was. Ken, as the Kaiser was around during the day, but returned home at night. It was night time in the DW too.

Did that happen? I think the fading of memories (mine), are happening in the real world too ![/Quote]It was something like that. ^^'

I keep thinking of Lilithmon, but Lilithmon only controlled Akari in Xros Wars (showing her what she desired, to go back to the real world), and not erased her memories! You've mentioned Gennai can alter memories, but then what would be his reason here?

Oh, they wanted to keep the Digital World secret. They didn't really alter memories, but they did destroy and erase all footage and data pertaining to any of the attacks and Digimon to make it seem like none of it happened and that it was a terrorist attack or something. For the 1995 stuff in Hikarigaoka, it was the same. The Parrotmon vs Greymon stuff was forgotten and I guess that was Gennai's doing.
Was Koushiro on his computer?
Yup.
I think I can remember that! Yes, I can see how Mimi and Koushiro's personalities have been shaped by their lives, I do remember some of what you've mentioned there!
Cool. ^_^
Indeed, poor Daisuke !
Yeah. It sounded like he threw something at Daisuke on his way out. I usually joke and say he went into "Koushi smash!" mode and threw Tentomon in his rage. lol

You know, Daisuke went to Koushirou to emulate him in hopes of impressing the girls for Valentine's. I found it interesting that he went to Koushirou first and even considered him in general. Koushirou must have a way with the "laydays". lol. Seriously, why him? lol

I thought he already had a partner, but only really know general stuff about the Wonderswan games, only what I read (and what sticks in my mind)! Didn't know he lost his memories, I would say that puts a spanner in my works, but well, the memories are in there some where, probably !

I have a Wonderswan Color I imported years ago for the sole purpose of playing those games. ^^

A while back on another forum, while I was doing a nearly 8 week hospital stay, I wrote a synopsis of the Wonderswan games from what I could recall. I'll share it here under a spouler tag.

Ryo is friends with Ken. I mentioned Ken was a game character, I'm sure earlier in this thread. V-mon and Wormmon are too. I own the following games and a Wonderswan Color, but haven't played in years, so going by memory.

The first game only had Ryo though (Anode/Cathode Tamer). Took place December 31, 1999. He was partnered up with Taichi's Agumon. All of the Chosen Children were kidnapped, I think and he had to get a group together to defeat Milleniumon. I remember vaguely not being able to evolve Agumon as Ryo wasn't his partner.

The next game (Tag Tamers), Ryo was visiting Ken and both ended up in the Digital World because they were summoned (more so Ryo) to deal with another problem.

This would've taken place shortly after the events of the second movie because both witnessed the battle between Omegamon and Diablomon (which was spring of 2000, probably March).

There was another Diablomon on the loose and the one to summon them was V-mon (the one you see in 02 later). The two go and that's how Ken met Wormmon. For this adventure, Ryo is paired with V-mon. The Diablomon was just used to lure Ryo back to the Digital World because a non-evolved V-mon beat Diablomon. I thought the game was faulty when that happened. lol. Anyway, it was Milleniumon's doing.

Ryo and Ken ended up separated by Milleniumon and that's when Ken first met Wormmon.

Now the next part is vague, but the two do meet up again. This game dealt with Digimentals. They had to gather shards or something. Just think of the original Legend of Zelda, Link had to collect the 8 pieces of the Triforce and put it back together. I forgot which Digimental it was. It wasn't any of the ones featured in 02.

So the two face him but he's Moon=Milleniumon...and they defeat him...forgot how, but that's also when he released the those Dark Seeds, and being the "kind" one, he saw it going towards Ryo and pushed him out of the way and taking it, thus being infected. This was in 02. The person with Ken was Ryo in the flashback in that ep.

The next game was D-1 Tamers. Ken is in the game, but isn't playable. He's sick for it because of the prev game and Ryo was visiting him. Ken mentioned something about an email or a quiz or something, and after he did it he was sucked back to the DW. Forgot the details. Like why there was a tourney to begin with. Oh yeah! Ryo did talk to Ken throughout the game on his D-Terminal, if I remember right. A few of the Adventure kids were in this game also battling to help take out the bad guardian, and in all honesty, I only remember Koushirou and Mimi. Main reason I remember Mimi (and why I like Ryo x Mimi) is because she lightly flirts with him after you beat her. lol. I think the other was Yamato. Maybe Wallace too.

Long story short, it's Moon=Milleniumon again who has an obsession with killing Ryo. Oh and for this game I think V-mon, Wormmon, and Taichi's Agumon was back and you could use them.

After the battle though, something happened, and Ryo and Moon=Milleniumon ended up going through a portal or something, and of course Ken and Gennai were worried, but Ken believed Ryo was still alive.

Next game was Brave Tamer. This is the game where Ryo finally gets his own partner. He wakes up in a jungle like area in the DW by a Monochromon, but I think he had no memories or maybe he bumped his head. The Monochromon took him to ENIAC. Forgot the story, but Moon=Milleniumon evolved to ZeedMilleniumon and turned out that Ryo never had his own partner was because Milleniumon was his true partner but Monochromon was like, "Oh no he's not! I am!" They ended up merging and a Digiegg was the result. So with the egg the ENIAC comp gave Ryo a choice of returning to his dimension or another as ENIAC had connections to alternate worlds. He chose to go to a new one for some odd reason, maybe his memory loss after waking up, hence the implied connection to Digimon Tamers.

That aside it's interesting that every single bad thing was caused by Milleniumon. He's the one to release Apocalymon who created the Dark Masters. He infected Ken. He created Diablomon.

I remember Shuu being there, but don't think I remember Mr. Takenouchi, although I do think I remember three people, but no matter! True, they could be working from anywhere!
I could be remembering wrong, though.
Edited by Guest

@ssjup81 Ryo faced Taichi, Yamato, Wallace, Koushiro, and Mimi.

Also, remember the Tamers finale, when Cyberdramon devolved? Cyberdramon's devolution is th number one reason about the theory how Zeed and Ryo will be major players in this series.

I will see that movie someday! lol. Anywho, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make that drama canon despite how recent it was.You know, aside from Taichi, Jou seems to be the most stressed. I just want to give him a hug.

I originally planned to see it when the DVD came out, I felt it wasn't needed, and the fact Disney passed on Lucas' script, meant it would stray from Lucas' vision, although a lot of people would say that is a good thing! However I know someone who wanted to watch it before the spoilers flooded the Internet, and someone else who wanted to watch it again, so ended up watching it twice (19th and 20th)!

I didn't like it at all, they tried to make everything edgy and dramatic (force hold, Kylo Ren's lightsabre, etc.), and for their attempts to be different, they ended up re-using structures that Lucas had used in his movie, as well as borrow things from the Expanded Universe that they'd recently culled!

There are also a lot of unanswered questions such as "how can that be there?, "why is that the same?" However I will give them that the energy of the movie is different to that of Lucas'! However, I think there's also "less" music in it, I think Lucas' movies usually have the music run through the whole movie, whilst in this, the music seemed to take breaks :(!

Didn't know it was recent, but thinking about it, I do recall them releasing a CD drama for 15th Anniversary, is it that one?

Anyway, I do wonder how this'll all play out, especially Jou.

Everytime I think of Lilymon's evolution in the onsen, I keep thinking of Ogremon crashing into the women's onsen, whilst Mimi, Sora, Hikari and Meiko are in there, their screams alert the boys, who come crashing in, only to be pelted with, and knocked out by wooden buckets, and Lilymon evolves into Rosemon, Ogremon is defeated, the boys are informed of the evolution, shock and disbelief, and Jou is told either over the phone, or in person, when they return!

...I blame Persona 4, a similar situation happens in that :D! Actually it can't happen like that, because of the fact that Koushiro and Mimi have an argument before it happens! Still, at least my head feels better, that (incorrect) theory no longer swimming around in there, taking up space!

Yeah. lol. Unless she ended up at a different high school.

Very true, did consider that, but forgot to put it down!

Yeah. I also feel they're setting Taichi up for his future career as an ambassador.

Daigo-sensei seemed to certainly be doing that with his choices of future careers, however Taichi's attitude in the first movie could also be said to be doing the same, given he's seeing that his actions have consequences; destroyed buildings, etc.!

The egg convo? I think for the dub Mimi said she liked her eggs topped with maple syrup and Izzy liked his with mustard and jellybeans. Mimi's isn't TOO strange there, but man...Izzy. lol

Yeah, it was, felt it was a bit of a hassle to section out each bit, but this way it's easier to understand! I was trying to remember who was the real weirdo who liked normal eggs, with a pinch of salt (I think), then I remembered, Jou, can't believe I didn't think of it, it couldn't be anyone else... unless I'm wrong :D!

I don't recall it either, but I think it was more like, "I'm sorry, I can't come now". I think it was something simple. I'm sure if Taichi would've told her what was going on, she would've gone home. I don't think he ever did, now that I think about it.

Yeah, I think that's it too! Hehe, yeah, I don't think he told anyone, until they took the "bait", poor Taichi, he could have had another ally, if Sora wasn't still made at him, until the end of the movie (it's a shame Sora's apology gets cut from the dub movie)!

Got a quote "fate... of the world... at stake here..." swimming around in my head, quite applicable, but I can't think what it's from, I think it's something American, because I can hear the line being said in English!

Another line from the dub is that Hikari got her friend a Pink Power Ranger, which in a usual brother-sister relationship(?), Taichi wanted! If he was a normal pre-teen, I wouldn't think he'd want a Pink Power Ranger for want's sake, just want for need's sake!

Still I'm basing "normal pre-teen" on my personal experience, perhaps I'm not normal :D! Now years down the line, I wish I had the Pink and Yellow Power Rangers, as my collection is incomplete! That said, I was in "geek" store recently, and they seemed to have "re-made" the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers figures :?!

Ah, I get what you did there. lol. That aside, after Adventure, the real world and the Digital World synched up. Both worlds run the same time wise. This why 02 was the way it was. Ken, as the Kaiser was around during the day, but returned home at night.

I remember that, now you mention it! That said though, I have been playing Re-Digitise recently, there, the Digital and real world aren't synched, but anime and games are different continuity, although I didn't realise File Island featured in both, until learning the Colloseum was converted out of the File Island mountain; I didn't play the original World games, because when they came out, I didn't like it when game elements weren't to scale, plus the fact that the first game suffered from the PAL bug, if I'd played it, the PAL bug might have put me off picking up Re-Digitise!

Oh, they wanted to keep the Digital World secret. They didn't really alter memories, but they did destroy and erase all footage and data pertaining to any of the attacks and Digimon to make it seem like none of it happened and that it was a terrorist attack or something. For the 1995 stuff in Hikarigaoka, it was the same. The Parrotmon vs Greymon stuff was forgotten and I guess that was Gennai's doing.

I actually meant if they were going to have Gennai change people's memories again with -tri-, but yes, I think I remember this, I believe in Revenge of Diaboromon, people watching the Omegamon and Diaboromon, say "they're showing that fight from a couple of years ago again!" I think the dialogue might be different, because what I've put could still imply that they could remember the events, rather than thinking it was a hoax!

Yeah. It sounded like he threw something at Daisuke on his way out. I usually joke and say he went into "Koushi smash!" mode and threw Tentomon in his rage. lol

You know, Daisuke went to Koushirou to emulate him in hopes of impressing the girls for Valentine's. I found it interesting that he went to Koushirou first and even considered him in general. Koushirou must have a way with the "laydays". lol. Seriously, why him? lol

Sounds like a Street Fighter V Critical Art to me; Koushiro smash, followed by Tentomon assist! I blame the fanservice controversy regarding Rainbow Mika and her Critical Art (featuring Yamoto Nadeshiko) and Cammy's fight entrance, for such a comparison swimming around in my mind!

It's always the quiet ones, well that's what I tell myself ;)! Before I read into Armour Evolution to the Unknown, I thought it was possible that Daisuke felt he was quite similar to Taichi and Yamato, so there would be no point to ask them (or first), whilst Jou doesn't have time for girls, so that would just leave Koushiro!

Unless he was to ask girls, Sora, Mimi or Miyako, or even his sister, Jun! However he would probably get (playfully) teased by Sora and Mimi, just teased by Jun, although I'm not sure what Miyako would do! He might ask Ken or Iori, but I assume he'd not ask Takeru or Hikari, especially as Hikari is probably the reason for Daisuke's "knowledge quest"!

The other argument is that Daisuke might think Koushiro has researched "how to get girls" on the internet, so should be able to suggest numerous methods, according to the internet!

According to the three versions of the Armour Evolution to the Unknown CD Drama I've read, apparently Daisuke approached Yamato first, rather than Koushiro!

Reading the different versions, got a couple of questions if you can answer, or just observations, which I'll put in a spoiler tag!

[spoiler=Armour Evolution to the Unknown]

Observations:

• What about White Day - Hikari comments that it would be nice if guys gave girls chocolate for Valentine's Day, after Mimi comments that it happens in America;
  • Wrath of my racket - Sora tries to change the subject, but the girls just continue talking about Sora and Yamato, so she starts waving her tennis racket angrily;

• Leader with no followers - Daisuke is a battle commander? I considered him a self-appointed leader, but didn't think other people (Takeru and Ken) agreed with that;
  • Don't go changing - Daisuke's theory as to why Takeru and Ken don't want him to change (as he'd be more popular with the girls);
  • Slicked back hair - Taichi changes his hair so as not to be confused with the "spikey-haired guy";
  • Changing the saying - Miyako starts saying "Let's go chosen children", before changing to "oh guess it's just me... let's go";
  • Mothers' gossip - Yuuko Yagami tells Taichi to not go destroying the town again, and the she along with fellow mothers (Toshiko Takenouchi and Satoe Tachikawa) talk about what life was like when the town was last destroyed;
  • Minna Digimentaru Aapu - Everyone from the original partner Digimon, to Jun, Satoe, Toshiko and Yuuko try to evolve - Jun apparently would be "Detective"-mon, " Satoe would be "Selfish"-mon, Toshiko would be "House"-mon" and Yuuko would be "Normal-housewife"-mon!

So, those were things I quite liked about the CD Drama, although whether all of it is correct, I don't know!

Questions:

• My hat's blown away - Mimi has a hat again, even though she doesn't have in the images for the CD Drama;
  • No date for you - Miyako joins her sisters, and Jun, to Jou's house, but apparently has the door shut in her face;
  • Be serious - Sora apparently jokes using an alternate meaning of "doki" during her conversation with Yamato's father;
  • Only girls allowed - Miyako apparently is the best choice to enter the shopping centre, because of the Digimon that has taken residence in there;
  • Kaiser outfit - Ken apparently is in Rappongi wearing Kaiser outfit, and that he's quite popular whilst wearing the outfit;
  • Are... tap dancing - Hikari observes that Taichi and the others are tap dancing, followed by Sora getting annoyed;
  • Kaiser cool - Mimi seems to comment that Ken with his Kaiser attitude is cool;
  • Quickly passed over - The girls thank Daisuke, before fan-girling on Ken?

So was: Mimi has a hat again; Miyako gets the door slammed in her face; Sora uses another meaning (the translation was unclear); The "evil" Digimon allows for only girls to enter the shopping centre; Ken was wearing the Kaiser outfit; Hikari observes Taichi and the others tap dancing (from where, and was she in disbelief); Mimi thinks that Ken is cool with his Kaiser attitude; who are the girls that thank Daisuke, before fan-girling on Ken?

If you can answer the questions, cheers, but no matter!

Translations:

I have a Wonderswan Color I imported years ago for the sole purpose of playing those games. ^^

A while back on another forum, while I was doing a nearly 8 week hospital stay, I wrote a synopsis of the Wonderswan games from what I could recall. I'll share it here under a spouler tag.

I remember (from reading) that it was revealed Ryo was being groomed to defeat Milleniumon, and when in was revealed, Ryo was distant with the (original 8) chosen children, I thought that was the reason why he left for the Tamers universe, but turns out one happened in D-1 Tamers, whilst the other happened in Brave Tamer... as I'm sure you're aware of; just checked it now on Digimon Wikia!

I'm also sure wikia said that Ryo was the Yin to Milleniumon's Yang, or at least that's what Milleniumon told him! Could have sworn there was more "RyoMi" mentioned on there too (like either Mimi was the one most apologetic, or that Mimi was the only one Ryo "accepted", or more than the others), but apparently all the (original 8) chosen children apologised to him!

he was telling Gennai how he was starting his last year of elementary school and how he recently became the Computer Club President and how the incoming girls were taller than him

Oh I missed this bit when I previously read... now I hardly ever use this expression, but... lol!

I see lol as a bizarre expression, in that I don't feel the abbrievation carries the same emotion as the actual action, actually Bill Bailey on an episode of QI references this as well:

"Bill once heard a kid on the street say "LOL" rather than actually laugh."

(
)

Bill then gets the audience to say "lol" in a monotone voice, and Stephen Fry also adds that Tim Minchin has suggested that because people do not laugh out loud when they say "lol", they should instead say "mas - mildly amused smirk".

So usually when I use "lol" it means whatever I'm replying to is pretty low on the amusement scale, but in this instance it's a lot higher!

Poor Koushiro, overshadowed by the "freshmen", that said, wasn't he around the same height as the younger kids in 02, with Miyako being taller than him?

EDIT: Added something I'd forgotten!

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Woah! Cheers, right, so watching that with my pretty non-existent Japanese, I believe I heard something about "I didn't think what we did was wrong, if we didn't do anything there would have been even bigger trouble...", "...exactly right, Mimi-san", "what about?", "whenever chosen children..." and "coward"!

Still, I could be wrong, as I said, my Japanese is non-existent! That said... when did Gomamon have a sex change? Seems to have developed breasts in that mobile phone photo ;)!

EDIT: Just rewatched the first -tri- movie again, and noticed a couple of things, well, might be more re-noticed for some of them!

Hikari and Takeru have D-3, which is obvious, but I seem to have forgotten that this was the case, since the last time I watched the movie, although technically we don't get a good look at Hikari's D-3, as she doesn't need/use it to evolve Tailmon!

What's the next movie's opening and ending going to be? Due to the fact CrunchyRoll split the movie into four episodes, I keep forgetting that Butterfly wouldn't be the start of all movies, and I Wish, the end!

The choice of ending's not going to be difficult, I mean Adventure did have a second ending (the name of which is escaping me at the moment, but I can hear the lyrics in my head), although what they'll do about the opening, I don't know!

They could do what the Persona 3 movies did, which was to feature the game opening for the first movie, whilst the second didn't have an opening song!

Jou does mention he has a girlfriend, last time I watched the movie, I thought he said that he didn't have the time for a girlfriend, when he in actuality, he said he didn't have time for his girlfriend! So it could be the one who he borrowed the bike from in Revenge of Diaboromon ;), maybe even "Mrs. Jou"!

I have to wonder if there's TaiMei going on, given how Meiko seems to be around Taichi, however maybe it's just that she knows that Taichi and the others are chosen children already?

Although she did have that pausing moment when she passed Taichi to take her seat, but then it could be the fact that he didn't notice that it was her, whom he passed (moving in "next door") on his way to his football match!

It's possible my thoughts on Lilithmon working with/under Alphamon, and erasing the 02 quartet from original chosen children's memories might be based on subconciously remembering that there's a Digimon (Trading?) Card of Alphamon and Lilithmon!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Apologies for double post, just thought I'd say next part of -tri- is up, so that's either a movie, if you're in Japan, or episodes 5 - 8 if you're following by CrunchyRoll format!

So Seven is the new ending for this movie/these episodes, whilst the opening is still Butterfly, but then, Adventure did only have one opening, unless they use Akai Shougeki for later movies, but that would depend on whether they're planning to do 02 movies after this or not!

Opening animation is still the same, well in episodes 6 - 8, as an opening animation didn't feature in episode 5, I almost thought made a new one for this movie, but then, I assume the opening animation is only something that (continually) features in the episode format!

I was thinking the opening animation might change to account for the new evolutions introduced, but possibly not, or perhaps not until all new evolutions have been introduced! Still, if the opening animation isn't changed, it will mirror the original animation to Butterfly in the series, as the animation to that didn't change, well in the Japanese version!

Actually the English version didn't do too bad a job editing the animation to Butterfly, replacing the evolution scenes with scenes from the second ending Keep On!

After hearing about the onsen trip, I was expecting it to feature more than just the first episode/thirty minutes of the movie! Although, there were some amusing scenes between Himekawa and Nishijima! However, we're still none the wiser about the 02 quartet in this movie!

[spoiler=There be spoilers]

From the scenes at the start of the movie, I thought that we were seeing a flashback, Leomon fighting Ogremon, and Digimon Kaiser looking on! We then find out that this is not a flashback, and for some reason Ken has gone back to being the Digimon Kaiser!

I don't have a problem with the fact that Ken has become the Digimon Kaiser again, I mean I feel the mysterious e-mail Koushiro received could be read as "conquer your darkness, or it will conquer you", so defeated by Alphamon, he could have been infected by the darkness!

The problem I have is with the dialogue from the original eight chosen children, when Mimi said that Ken had taken Meicoomon, there was no question as to why, then there was someone's comment "Him again, why?", why again? Or are we referring to the Digimon Kaiser persona re-manifesting itself, rather than Ken returning?

I don't believe we're on an alternate timeline, and when Ken was beaten by Alphamon (in the first movie/episodes 1 - 4) he was as himself, and ot the Digimon Kaiser! I did mention a theory previously about whether the original eight chosen children's memories had been tampered with, and that possibly still could stand!

As we were aware, ImperialDramon was set to return, but rather than his/their usual colour scheme, he/they sported a colour scheme similar to that of Psychemon!

Similar to how much screen time the onsen was given, the path to new evolutions was given a similar short length of time, with Gomamon and Palmon cycling through evolutions as quickly as Agumon and Gabumon did in the fight against Alphamon, and in a similar way, given that Gabumon and Palmon were already at Adult when the cycling begun!

As Rosemon and Vikemon were in a seperate space to everyone else, plus they were the only ones evolved anyway, don't know how big they were compared to WarGreymon and MetalGarumon, thought it was daft that they, well WarGreymon, was smaller than MetalGreymon, but you could say that it's focusing the power more! That said, couldn't really make that much of a comparison beteen Rosemon and Vikemon either, due to camera angles!

Still, although the path to evolution was pretty quick, I will give them the keys to the evolution, in that Jou had to realise that he had not been honest with himself, and that Mimi had to be reminded that her pure attitude to things wasn't always wrong, or something!

Last points I had to re-watch the previous movie/episodes: first was the comment that "Alphamon was defeated", I'd say more like he made a strategic retreat, I wouldn't say he was defeated by any means; second was that "Omegamon's fusion was broken", it is quite subtle, I mean it starts to happen right before "Alphamon was defeated", so you can miss it, but yes, it is there!

Finally, it seems similar to the DS9 episodes in the Mirror Universe, where every time they go, a Ferengi dies, and I've made a similar observation about someone in each series of Flash (2014), Digimon seems to have a habit of killing of Leomon, I mean wasn't Leomon killed off in Adventure, Tamers (obviously, much emotional trauma for Juri), Savers (kinda - Saberleomon), Xros Wars (BadLeomon is killed, and reborn as Leomon), and now they've done it in -tri-, and if he's the original Leomon as in Adventure, someone's got it in for him!

Actually there was even a Panjyamon in Frontier, believe he met his "end" too, believe he was purified by a "Digi-scan"! However that just says something about Leomon in Digimon!

Ketsui/Determination was alright. I think the movies will show more action, as the film series progresses. I don't like that the third movie CONFESSION's been pushed to September 2016, but hey? It's Digimon. I'm willing to wait! lol

Here are my thoughts. I saw it twice. Once in the theater and once online. The breaking up of the second movie into multiple episodes was done WAY better than the first. I also enjoyed this version of Seven. I actually like it more than the original. I still don't care for Butter-Fly and still hate the Tri version of I wish. Now, onto my thoughts...which still left me scratching my head...

The stuff with the onsen was great in the sense that I was finally able to see what THAT particular onsen was like. I've always wanted to visit. It was also nice to see the kids acting casually and like kids. Same with the school festival. It still bugs me that the 02 group kids aren't around, but what can I do, right?

I really liked everything dealing with Jou. I'm sure many in the Japanese audience anyway could relate to his problem. He also comes from a family with a medical history dating back to the Edo era. He's trying to continue that tradition and his first adventure in the Digital World was the main reason why he became extra determined to become one. Oh and speaking of the Kido family....FINALLY! He was the only character whose parents had never been seen, even at the end of 02 when the kids' families were watching the battle against Belialvamdemon, Shin and Shuu were there.

Anyway, I truly sympathized what Jou was going through. He's under great pressure and personally, if I had a partner, I wouldn't want him to fight either if it could be helped. I'd want my partner to be my friend, a comrade.

Now, as for Mimi, I'm glad they touched upon the "returnee" thing and was something I wondered if they'd do so. So an actual issue here in Japan with some, are those who lived overseas for a while gets treated differently. One thing that was emphasized in the original series was that Mimi, like Yamato, was popular amongst her peers. She lived out of Japan for about four years 2001 ~ 2005) and didn't attend junior high school in Japan. The way the other kids, I noticed, ignored her and she doesn't seem particularly popular and I'm assuming it's due to her personality (partially) and returnee status, like Izumi in Digimon Frontier. It was brief, but I like that they got into that. I'm going to assume that the only one she gets along with in her class is Koushirou.

Despite my indifference towards Meiko and her partner, I did like this movie better than the last one.

I liked seeing Kaiser Ken! He looked so cool! Sucks he didn't speak...but kinda glad he didn't because I would want Paku Romi to be voicing him.

I liked the evolution to Vikemon (not the sequence). I like how Jou came back to help him evolve. I didn't care for Rosemon, though. I've always wanted to see her evolve to Rosemon...but the way it happened felt like convenience. Jou's had a lot of emotion involved...with Mimi, it felt like, "Hey, we can do it too! Lilymon, evolve!"

Leomon's death surprised me. I was expecting him to get killed, but not like that. It also seems like that lady whose name I can't recall is in on whatever's going on. It almost felt like she could've purposely left Meikomon there.

The Koushirou/Mimi moments were funny, like at the onsen and later for the festival after seeing Mimi's picture. Research? Research be darned! There's a festival to attend! lol

Ok, dislikes...

WHERE ARE THE 02 KIDS AND WHY AREN'T THEY BEING ACKNOWLEDGED?!

Earlier, when fighting Ogremon, she was apologizing and stuff before doing so. When Mimi and the others saw Ken, she, as well as the others recognized him. Imperialdramon (infected) was the Digimon they had to go up against. Why didn't anyone question this? Why wasn't Daisuke mentioned at least since Ken needs him and his partner for him and Wormmon to evolve to Imperialdramon?! Why weren't they partially hesitant? Takeru's "aitsu" felt completely off. The reaction was odd if it's a friend. I was thinking maybe the reaction was to the Kaiser and not Ken, but no one referred to him as the Digimon Kaiser...so it feels like they're talking about Ken himself.

Digimon movie...why are you crapping on the 02 cast so much? Why?! T_T. As I said before, I have no problem with the 02 kids being out of commission or whatever, but it annoys the heck out of me that the 01 kids haven't mentioned them. I hope for the next one they have a scene with them explaining or talking about this.

The other thing I disliked was Taichi and Yamato's conflict. It felt seriously forced and unnecessary.

Theories...

Well aside from the fact I agree with @senshikoi

about the kids and their partners possibly having tampered memories, I feel that that wasn't the real Ken, but a copy of him since he didn't speak or anything.

Ken still has the dark spore in him, it's just stagnant. Maybe whoever is pulling the strings harnessed that power (after he and the others were defeated by Alphamon) to control Digimon, corrupting them, like Ken did while he was the Kaiser.

What if the 01 set ends up facing corrupt versions of the 02 kids in future installments?

Ketsui/Determination was alright. I think the movies will show more action, as the film series progresses. I don't like that the third movie CONFESSION's been pushed to September 2016, but hey? It's Digimon. I'm willing to wait! lol

Bit longer than gap between Reunion and this movie, but oh well, however there was a similar gap between the original release of -tri-, when it was to be a television series, and the actual release, when it became a series of movies!

The stuff with the onsen was great in the sense that I was finally able to see what THAT particular onsen was like. I've always wanted to visit. It was also nice to see the kids acting casually and like kids. Same with the school festival. It still bugs me that the 02 group kids aren't around, but what can I do, right?

Yeah, there were some nice elements in the onsen scene, not just Himekawa and Nishijima, such as the scenes around the rescue of Piyomon and Meicoomon, from Mimi singing I Wish (I'm guessing it was Hitomi Yoshida, rather than AiM), Takeru intercepting a "runaway" Hikari, and Sora and Meiko with their bucket hats, wonder if there's going to be any memes about Sora and her makeshift hat! Also it looked like Meiko took a cheeky peek at Taichi, "Don't worry, I can't see a thing, my glasses are all foggy!", *looks down*!

I really liked everything dealing with Jou. I'm sure many in the Japanese audience anyway could relate to his problem. He also comes from a family with a medical history dating back to the Edo era. He's trying to continue that tradition and his first adventure in the Digital World was the main reason why he became extra determined to become one. Oh and speaking of the Kido family....FINALLY! He was the only character whose parents had never been seen, even at the end of 02 when the kids' families were watching the battle against Belialvamdemon, Shin and Shuu were there.

Jou probably does have more baggage than normal, well at least compared to the west, although there families that have been in the same business for generations in the west too! However, I believe everyone can relate to Jou on some level, where he's required to make a choice, or he believes that is what is required to happen!

It was nice to see Jou's parents, his mother looks quite young, from the little we see of her! Both Shin and Shuu were in the same scene together? How did the dub explain that ;)?

Now, as for Mimi, I'm glad they touched upon the "returnee" thing and was something I wondered if they'd do so. So an actual issue here in Japan with some, are those who lived overseas for a while gets treated differently. One thing that was emphasized in the original series was that Mimi, like Yamato, was popular amongst her peers. She lived out of Japan for about four years 2001 ~ 2005) and didn't attend junior high school in Japan. The way the other kids, I noticed, ignored her and she doesn't seem particularly popular and I'm assuming it's due to her personality (partially) and returnee status, like Izumi in Digimon Frontier. It was brief, but I like that they got into that. I'm going to assume that the only one she gets along with in her class is Koushirou.

Again, I'd say the "returnee" thing isn't Japanese exclusive, but probably isn't as much of an issue in the west, but then, I don't have any experience to draw from! I wonder if her personality alienating her in -tri- is due to possibly that she "hasn't" grown up, it's possible she's still spoilt by her parents, and didn't chance because the different attitude to things in America to that of Japan (dialogue at the clothes store with Meiko)!

Also, not everyone that attends that school in -tri- will know her from before she went to America, meaning as they didn't have a chance to "accept" her personality before, they would not be "mellow" to it now! As for those that did know her before she went to America, they might have "grown up", made new friends, and either the act of "growing up" has made them "unaccepting" of Mimi's personality, or that they are worried what their new friends would think, if they "accepted" Mimi's personality!

I can see that she might only be "able" to talk to Koushiro in class, I wonder if they will further explore this in the next movie, with Koshiro being alienated due to talking to Mimi, or if this book is now closed, as it has no relevance to Koushiro's path to new evolution, involving Knowledge!

I wonder if with the school festival, people's opinion of Mimi might have changed, in that she might garner friendship with some of her classmates, as students seemed to be enjoying the Daters cafe, but then, the students working there were a mix of students, rather than Mimi's actual classmates!

I liked seeing Kaiser Ken! He looked so cool! Sucks he didn't speak...but kinda glad he didn't because I would want Paku Romi to be voicing him.

True, given that the original eight have different seiyuu, you can assume the 02 quartet would be the same, Mitsuki Sagai would be someone I'd consider for Ken, but it's possible that they didn't pick names out of a hat with the new -tri- voices, and that there's a link between them, like agency, I'd have to look though!

I liked the evolution to Vikemon (not the sequence). I like how Jou came back to help him evolve. I didn't care for Rosemon, though. I've always wanted to see her evolve to Rosemon...but the way it happened felt like convenience. Jou's had a lot of emotion involved...with Mimi, it felt like, "Hey, we can do it too! Lilymon, evolve!"

I don't know, I feel with Mimi, it was that the evolution to Rosemon had been locked, because she wasn't being true to herself, or that she was being told that she shouldn't be true to herself, as soon as Jou told her that it was ok to be herself, with her pure ideal, that a new evolution could be unlocked!

Granted she could have only gone as far as Lilymon, but it appears that this realisation was powerful enough to push for a further evolution instead!

Leomon's death surprised me. I was expecting him to get killed, but not like that. It also seems like that lady whose name I can't recall is in on whatever's going on. It almost felt like she could've purposely left Meikomon there.

I didn't feel that Himekawa purposely left Meicoomon there, I'd say it was careless, she was given a report that stated how Meicoomon/Meiko was being targeted, however it's possible she left Meicoomon there because she forgot herself in the moment (nice peaceful school festival), and the fact that if she brought Meicoomon with her to get Crepes, Meicoomon might have eaten them in plain sight, I mean Himekawa didn't know that people believed Meicoomon was a kid in a costume, unless Meiko text her!

The Koushirou/Mimi moments were funny, like at the onsen and later for the festival after seeing Mimi's picture. Research? Research be darned! There's a festival to attend! lol

That was amusing, I assume he probably put Tentomon (or Leomon) in charge, with instructions that they weren't allowed to leave, before he left, but look how well that turned out, they were gone before Himekawa turned up, if only she hadn't stopped for snacks! Koushiro should have waited until Himekawa turned up, but then, perhaps he thought he could leave Tentomon (or Leomon) in charge, without him being "corrupted" by the other Digimon!

[spoiler=Ok, dislikes...]

When Mimi and the others saw Ken, she, as well as the others recognized him. Imperialdramon (infected) was the Digimon they had to go up against. Why didn't anyone question this? Why wasn't Daisuke mentioned at least since Ken needs him and his partner for him and Wormmon to evolve to Imperialdramon?! Why weren't they partially hesitant?

The other thing I disliked was Taichi and Yamato's conflict. It felt seriously forced and unnecessary.

That's something I forgot to mention, Himekawa was aware of Imperialdramon, it wasn't "Who's that Digimon?", so we have the question of how do they know about Imperialdramon, was it data provided by Gennai, or did it feature in tampered memories (theory), because he didn't make an appearance as a Royal Knight in Adventure!

I'm assuming this will be the main crux of -tri-, Taichi and Yamato's conflict, Taichi looking at the implications of their fight, whilst Yamato saying that they have to do it regardless! Even Hikari chimed in, saying that she felt what they were doing wasn't wrong! It's possible that this conflict will be on-going until the final movie, in which the resolution of said conflict will awaken Omegamon Crimson Mode ;), or an Adventure version of Susanoomon, fusing all the ultimates together!

[spoiler=Theories...]

Well aside from the fact I agree with @senshikoi

about the kids and their partners possibly having tampered memories, I feel that that wasn't the real Ken, but a copy of him since he didn't speak or anything.

Ken still has the dark spore in him, it's just stagnant. Maybe whoever is pulling the strings harnessed that power (after he and the others were defeated by Alphamon) to control Digimon, corrupting them, like Ken did while he was the Kaiser.

What if the 01 set ends up facing corrupt versions of the 02 kids in future installments?

That was another thing I forgot to mention, that it might not be the real Ken, but a copy!

Oh something else I forgot to mention, that ending, WTF!? I know what happened, but man talk about cliff-hanger, now the fact that I know there's a six month wait, it hurts even more!

EDIT: That was another thing I forgot, I'm still unsure of "Hypnos Prime", I know it's not called Hypnos Prime, but that's what I dub the organisation Himekawa and Nishijima work for, although if I say it enough, I might feel that Yamaki needs to cross the divide and feature, or just bring in his "Prime" counterpart :D!

Their performance against Ogremon in this movie/these episodes was a bit rough, I didn't feel there was enough emotion in it; an organisation created to neutralise Digimon, either so the chosen children didn't need to, or because they wanted to show that they didn't need the chosen children!

Oh, I could have also described it as "DATS Prime" as well! I shouldn't have done that, now it's making me think more of the idea of "Prime" counterparts!

Edited by Guest

...It was good. xD

Yeah there was stuff I didn't really like, but in the end it was a pretty good. I agree about the Rosemon being anti-climatic, honestly, after Joe's emotional breathrough, then she's just like "let's do it too!" I was half expecting Koushiro to be like "Can I do it too?" only to be denied, xP

That was something else, given that we're only the second movie, and Yamato's band has already received two different names, do you think this will continue through in the other four movies ;)?

So, further proof, Joe has a girlfriend, we still don't see her, but she texts wishing them both success in their next test, apparently!

Might need to re-watch Determination again, because apparently "Himekawa has a smirk unseen by the others"!

I didn't even see it, but then, could it be like Alyssia Zaidelle in Final Fantasy XIII-2, apparently she smirks in a certain point, but I didn't see it :D!

She smirks when Leomon is killed, that's why I was suspicious of her. It's when they were doing closeups of everyone's reactions. Everyone was shocked or whatever, but she was smirking.

Yeah, thanks, as I said, I didn't see it, so I'll have to re-watch to see if I can see this "smirk", could change my whole opinion of Himekawa ;)!

Still, even re-watching it, I might not notice, as I mentioned that in Final Fantasy XIII-2, Alyssa Zaidelle smirks, seen that clip a couple of times, and I've still not noticed that smirk either :D!

• 1 month later...

Apologies for double post, but stumbled across the Confession poster when I was on Anime-Planet:

digimon-adventure-tri-movie-3-7215.jpg.6febf0e0f5f4edb81294dd5dd5dc27d1.jpg

It seems Meicoomon is channeling a bit of Diaboromon there! In my opinion ;)!

So obviously, like Rosemon and Vikemon in the previous poster, we see HeruklesKabuterimon, however we see Patamon... not Seraphimon!?

EDIT1: Just incase poster disappears due to hotlinking permissions, or whatever, here's original page: Digimon Adventure Tri. Movie 3: Kokuhaku

EDIT2: If anyone wants to post a better image, either edit my post, or in their own post, that's fine, this was just first (and currently only) image I've seen!

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that @senshikoi. When seeing that in the movies, I didn't even notice Patamon there. That is odd that we don't have Patamon evolved there. I wonder why? That's pretty unusual.

I hope they release some new information. Sucks we have to wait until the fall for this one to come out.

So, any theories on what you think the confessions movie will include? It's obviously centered around Takeru. Ooo, maybe both Takeru and Koushirou will confess something. Koushirou will finally confess that he likes Mimi! lol! Okay, maybe not, but I just don't know what to fully think with that kind of title that's actually plot relevant.

No problem :D! Well Patamon is always the last to evolve, maybe the poster's referencing this fact ;)!

Or maybe it's because we've seen Seraphimon many times (the Golden Digimentals movie, and Frontier), perhaps they thought we were all Seraphimon'd out, and felt we needed to bask in the glow of HeraklesKabuterimon, and the "oh fudge" moment of Diaboromon trolling us as Meicoomon's evolved form ;)!

Yeah, it's a longer wait than between the first and second movie! They could have given us a trailer to hold us over, more than just the teaser on the second movie trailer!

Yeah, I don't know what it could relate to either, I mean is "kokuhaku" only bound to confession of love, or any confession?

I was going to say that "confession" doesn't really link into evolutionary trigger, but then the last movie was "Determination", and that linked, in that in finding their resolve, through identifying what was holding them back, something like, the fact Jou wasn't being honest with himself, whilst Mimi was starting to believe (due to outside influences) that her pure idea were wrong, that they were able to trigger new evolutions!

Yeah, it's possible that Koushiro could confess to Mimi, although would that mean that Takeru would also confess to Hikari?

The TakeHika fans will explode!

If confession isn't bound to confession of love, then perhaps Koushiro has to confess he doesn't have all the answers, but then we'd assume that would be the case anyway, no-one has all the answers, and as for Takeru, perhaps a confession that he sometimes feels despair!

EDIT: It's always Patamon wasn't on the original poster, probably was, but movie posters do see revisions, from time to time!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

The story has been put up on the Digimon-adventure.net site...but only only on the Japanese side. Not sure if it's right, but seems that because of what happened to Meikomon, and to an extent, Imperialdramon (despite the latter not being mentioned at all or Ken [This annoys me]), they're more worried about the Digimon becoming infected and the kids want to know how and why these infections are happening.

Seems Koushirou will be the most burdened with this since he can't find answers and unsure of what to do so as not to end up with another situation like Meikomon's. The only solution Koushirou has is to keep all of the Digimon in quarantine in his office (I still feel that you need a whole lot of suspension of disbelief to accept this)...but it seems that Patamon is starting to show signs of infection.

Also, I think it's implying that we'll get another "Hikari" moment like in Adventure when her light attribute took over and she told the others how they were all chosen and stuff. There's going to be some big secret revealed about the Digital World and I hope it mentions something about the 02 cast!

And...I guess they'll end up fighting against Meikomon...or something.

I hope someone properly translates this soon. The Japanese side of the site just updated this information yesterday.

No problem :D! Well Patamon is always the last to evolve, maybe the poster's referencing this fact ;)!
Possibly. lol Maybe he won't evolve at all in this upcoming movie.

Or maybe it's because we've seen Seraphimon many times (the Golden Digimentals movie, and Frontier), perhaps they thought we were all Seraphimon'd out, and felt we needed to bask in the glow of HeraklesKabuterimon, and the "oh fudge" moment of Diaboromon trolling us as Meicoomon's evolved form ;)!

This could even be a possibility. When it comes to Hikari though, since they'll probably end up using Ophanimon as opposed to HolyDramon, I could see that being highlighted in whatever movie it'll happen in. These are Takeru's stories, right? I could see Patamon being saved for last.
Yeah, it's a longer wait than between the first and second movie! They could have given us a trailer to hold us over, more than just the teaser on the second movie trailer!
Yeah. It's annoying!
Yeah, I don't know what it could relate to either, I mean is "kokuhaku" only bound to confession of love, or any confession?
Well, now that a synopsis of the upcoming film has been revealed, I guess the confession could pertain to whatever the secret is that's going to be revealed about the Digital World. At least that would be relevant to the plot. I would hope that it wouldn't be love confessions, personally.
I was going to say that "confession" doesn't really link into evolutionary trigger, but then the last movie was "Determination", and that linked, in that in finding their resolve, through identifying what was holding them back, something like, the fact Jou wasn't being honest with himself, whilst Mimi was starting to believe (due to outside influences) that her pure idea were wrong, that they were able to trigger new evolutions!
You know, seems the "determination" was mostly on Mimi's part....sorta....
Yeah, it's possible that Koushiro could confess to Mimi, although would that mean that Takeru would also confess to Hikari?
Even though earlier I mentioned that I wouldn't want this....not now anyway, it would be interesting to see how Koushirou would confess and how Mimi would react. Would it mirror her reaction to the love letter in the love-letter drama?
The TakeHika fans will explode!
I don't want to be around for that. ><
If confession isn't bound to confession of love, then perhaps Koushiro has to confess he doesn't have all the answers, but then we'd assume that would be the case anyway, no-one has all the answers, and as for Takeru, perhaps a confession that he sometimes feels despair!
Wow, this is probably right. He would have to come to terms with not having all of the answer and given the recent synopsis, you just may be onto something.

As for Takeru...if maybe you're not too far off. If it's true that Patamon is showing signs of being infected, but he keeps trying to remain hopeful (or Patamon is), maybe he would have to confess about being despaired for once. Maybe we'll get a dark Takeru...which would delight me, personally. The potential to do this back in 02 was missed. I like the idea of Takeru having a dark side.

EDIT: It's always Patamon wasn't on the original poster, probably was, but movie posters do see revisions, from time to time!
He probably was, I just didn't see him since it wasn't left on the screen long enough for me. The last poster, I didn't even notice Imperialdramon and he's huge. Edited by Guest

The only solution Koushirou has is to keep all of the Digimon in quarantine in his office (I still feel that you need a whole lot of suspension of disbelief to accept this)...but it seems that Patamon is starting to show signs of infection.

It could be more so that because he can't find an answer, he decides his only solution, until he can find one, is to quarantine the Digimon!

Possibly. lol Maybe he won't evolve at all in this upcoming movie.

Woah, that'd be a bit anti-climax! Although at the same point, it makes sense, given that HolyAngemon isn't on the poster, however if that's the case, then why didn't they chose another Chosen Child to take the "lead" in this movie? It's not like the list is set in stone... stone, wait *checks older post as to crest order, realises it was on a different thread, tracks down post*, correction, it is set in stone, literally: "Jou was the first to find his crest (after Taichi), then Mimi, if I recall right, then Yamato and Koushirou found their crests at the same time, then Takeru, Sora, and Hikari"!

That said, that's actually from your post, although I did say similar too :D!

This could even be a possibility. When it comes to Hikari though, since they'll probably end up using Ophanimon as opposed to HolyDramon, I could see that being highlighted in whatever movie it'll happen in. These are Takeru's stories, right? I could see Patamon being saved for last.

Probably, although we had Orphanimon in Frontier, and Adventure (PSP) for those who've played it, I don't think she's appeared elsewhere, I think! Hahaha, I forgot that, you've made me wonder whether the narrator and Takeru in the prologue have the same seiyuu!!

Well the internet tells me that Epilogue Takeru voices a number of characters, which includes Yamato and Takeru's father, and Young Gennai, but doesn't tell me who the narrator was, maybe I should do a comparison myself, and... hang on Ryo-Ro translated the credits for their release, so I just have to possibly watch that!, remembered something that helped me work things out, see "EDIT" at end of post!

An angel (Digimon evolution) double would seem like a likely event!

You know, seems the "determination" was mostly on Mimi's part....sorta....

I don't know, I could still see "determination", for Jou, although I have been accused of being "Jou", I do have half-rim glasses, dark hair, etc., and believe that all you need on eggs are a bit of salt and pepper, heck not even that ;)! So, perhaps through associating myself with the character, I feel that I can see his "determination"!

Even though earlier I mentioned that I wouldn't want this....not now anyway, it would be interesting to see how Koushirou would confess and how Mimi would react. Would it mirror her reaction to the love letter in the love-letter drama?

I might have to track down that CD Drama, to hear the reaction!

I don't want to be around for that. ><

Clean up in Row C!

Wow, this is probably right. He would have to come to terms with not having all of the answer and given the recent synopsis, you just may be onto something.

As for Takeru...if maybe you're not too far off. If it's true that Patamon is showing signs of being infected, but he keeps trying to remain hopeful (or Patamon is), maybe he would have to confess about being despaired for once. Maybe we'll get a dark Takeru...which would delight me, personally. The potential to do this back in 02 was missed. I like the idea of Takeru having a dark side.

When I think about things too much, I start to be able to "write them" ;)! Although I'm a terrible fiction writer, or was, when it mattered :D!

Hehehe, you just reminded me of dark Nodoka, from Negima! - technically she's not real, just a drawing of Miyazaki Nodoka, created by her friend Saotome Haruna, using a magical artefact, incase you didn't know :D!

latest?cb=20100206052923

He probably was, I just didn't see him since it wasn't left on the screen long enough for me. The last poster, I didn't even notice Imperialdramon and he's huge.

Roll over "Where's Wally?", Digimon's taken your mantle ;)!

EDIT: I've not checked yet, but I think I don't need to, because I believe that the narrator and Epilogue Takeru are voiced the same seiyuu! I had a "BLOODY HELL!" moment, when I remembered that Digimon Adventure broke the fourth wall, by having Hiroaki Ishida (same seiyuu) allude to Digimon Analyser, which is something he does as a narrator!

You know, now that I've realised this, I've now found evidence (always when you don't need it), yet now I can't find the evidence of which episode of Adventure the Analyser reference is in, might even be in 02, thinking about it!

Bloody hell, now my mind is blown, Digimon Adventure and 02 is literally Takeru's story, I mean we see him reading "his" story at the end of 02, but now I know he narrated the whole thing too!!

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic