idea - Achievements suggestion ?!

XII360

Question

but yea, i was thinking, what if we had an achievement system too like other sites too ? 

just a wild random idea that popped in my head while i was taking a shower, 

like say be online straight for 10 days, get an achievement called, get some rest!

and then server proceed to force user to stop using the website for whole day lmao

though other site i know somewhat kind of use this, but its a meme site, and seems to be called trophy's

so idk if we might be copying them or not ?

• Like 3

7 answers to this question

We do have trophies and a ranking system. The system will only show you most recent highest trophy on your profile for winning the day. You can click on my profile to see the trophy. Rankings/leaderboard should be on the front page...  the system also counts the reactions you get and which ones. I think the winner of the day might be the only trophy I've seen...

16 minutes ago, Beocat said:

We do have trophies and a ranking system. The system will only show you most recent highest trophy on your profile for winning the day. You can click on my profile to see the trophy. Rankings/leaderboard should be on the front page...  the system also counts the reactions you get and which ones. I think the winner of the day might be the only trophy I've seen...

thats not what i meant, what i meant was individual "achievements" not related to the ranking/leaderboard system

say an example is (see attachment), its from the site i was talking about that we might be copying, if we ever did it

still its just a suggestion or idea ;o maybe it could be improved so that it wouldnt exactly be copying from how other sites did it

edit: was to lazy to fix resolution on screenshot so enjoy a big space taking screenshot? >.>

Illustration.png

Edited by XII360
i am maybe sumimasen

I'd be onboard with it truthfully...but I'd want there to be a "Forum Police" Badge with a description like...  "Trolls and Spammers flee the scene when XXXXXX arrives..." and you'd get it by accumulating a certain number of reports LOL  Maybe have lower tiered versions like "Informant" and higher tiered ones too.  I could get behind that.  Still, some people have completionist personalities so you could be setting the forum up for a lot of just random posts with no real content behind them. 

I would also be on board for individual trophies/badges awarded by Optic for various members.  Similar to the title function but gifted by Optic and based on the forum member's eccentricities and broadly known quirks.  They could be entirely unique.  I used to do this in a forum group I started up and moderated on a forum (that sadly is no longer in existence) for the group members.  One was a Scientist Salarian for instance. 

14 hours ago, XII360 said:

like say be online straight for 10 days, get an achievement called, get some rest!

hahaha, I really like this idea (not just cause this achievement is totally relatable lol)