New Registrations Suspended Read more... ×
alupacard

Favorite Non-canon?

Hey there! I read a lot of manga (typically those with romance undertones) and play lots of games, and I sometimes find that I prefer the main character paired with someone other than the "canon" character because their interactions are cute or meaningful in my POV. Are you a person that strictly prefers canon pairings in animes/mangas/games? If not, do you have a favorite non-canon pairing? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One of my favourite old pairings has been Lavilena (DGM.) Ever since the Edo ark, the manga has shown a lot of chemistry between these two characters and I dunno, I sort of just clung to it. It's got the potential to be canon, (if it is not already partially canon,) but with the author being sick all the time, it's hard to know if this would ever come to be acknowledged straight out. 

Untitled.thumb.png.3957b2ec0952d1c4098bb960a1c2affa.png

untitled2.png.c27e61fb0b05c6bd7400a27bdf9ff0dc.png

untitled3.jpg.0741ad79728711198f09b7ee6aa9b99d.jpg

If you're familiar at all with this manga, you know the basics of Lavi's character and that he lives by the code of his Clan, and that involves- most importantly- to avoid attachments. While he has formed some friendships within the Order, he seems to be all too willing to overstep his boundaries for Lenalee's sake in particular, he knows it, and he still does so without a second thought. It's hard to say we know Lenalee's opinion of him as far as there being a possible connection there, but the interactions are incredibly deliberate. In any case, what makes the whole thing a bit sad to me is how impossible the ship can be. Lavi has his obligations as a successor to the Bookman, who very clearly will not allow it.

But hey, who knows. Last we heard from Lavi he was a bit... indisposed. Don't even know if he's alive, to be perfectly frank. If I had my happy ending, Lavi would accept his human heart and confess to her in one way or another.

Annnnyway, I've got plenty more ships but they mostly revolve around non-anime/manga. 

Edited by Wedgy
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

7 hours ago, alupacard said:

Hey there! I read a lot of manga (typically those with romance undertones) and play lots of games, and I sometimes find that I prefer the main character paired with someone other than the "canon" character because their interactions are cute or meaningful in my POV. Are you a person that strictly prefers canon pairings in animes/mangas/games? If not, do you have a favorite non-canon pairing? 

my favorite non-canon, is where alupacard-chan married her friend and they lived happily ever after like that one visual novel

but for real's (even though that was semi real), my favorite non-canon, from a game, called persona 3, where door-kun minato lives and graduates his highschool with his other friend's and lived happily ever after, and makes aigis happier than she is

from a visual novel; called "grisaia no kajitsu" (the first one), on lemon's michiru's route, there is a certain animal (cat) there that died, which got michiru traumatized, my non-canon version of it was, the cat got hit, but juicy-yuuji, with the help of his certain associate's, managed to heal up the cat and help michiru not get into a certain "illness"(its spoiler's so ill say "illness"), and they live happily ever after, but this time, WITH THE CAT ALIVE

...i cried when the cat died ;_;, he didnt deserve that death, god dangit

• Funny 1

20 hours ago, alupacard said:

Yeah, I'd say one of the ones I wanted recently was from Oreshura I was wanting the Eita (main male character) to end up with a different character for sure.  Didn't read the manga though, just seen the anime.  Wish I could read it though.  I'd be all about it.  Another was a series called A Bridge to the starry skies - Hoshizora e kakaru Hashi.  I was wanting a different turn out on that one too.  hmmm...a favorite non-canon pairing.  Well when I was younger I guess you could Hinata and Naruto, but surprise to me that became canon.  As for now, not really.  I do have a tendency to get too emotionally invested in love stories though.  Them feels.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The girl in the second Pokemon movie, the one who can summon Lugia. She and Ash had a nice thing. 

Oh I also like Sora from Naruto, well actually he's annoying AF, but in the ark there are a lot of NS moments (a boy can dream, right) 

• Like 1

I've got a non-canon pairing, but, um, it's not anime/manga related.

Alright, alright, I'll spill it!

Dramione.:blush:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Dramione.:blush:

This. This right here. I agree.

• Like 1

So I've got this South Park ship that makes absolutely no sense but eh... Crendy. Just a guilty pleasure, I guess. Wendy is such a badass and doesn't take anybody's crap. Craig is basically the same. I can see them hitting it off. It'll probably never happen, though, since as we know now Craig turned out to be gay (or in any sense, LGBTQ in one way or another,) and Creek is currently canon. And as much as I love me some Creek... I want to see more Wendy tbh.

Edited by Wedgy