Spring 2015

drill

Yes, I realize the Winter season has just started, and probably no one except for me actually plans what they will watch this early, but I figured I would post this anyway. Also, many of the titles next season have already been announced here:

59e216b329457_Spring2015AniChart.netInteractiveSeasonalUpcomingAnimeCharts.thumb.jpg.05da25eeb6fafa031acf8bc09200abe5.jpg

I'll probably be watching:

1. Arslan Senki New
  2. Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
  3. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
  4. Grisaia no Meikyuu
  5. Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
  6. Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
  7. Hibike! Euphonium
  8. Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
  9. Nisekoi 2
  10. Shokugeki no Souma
  11. Urawa no Usagi-chan
  12. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
  13. Angel Beats Specials

Luckily, this looks like a good season, so even if one or two turn out bad, there is a bunch of potentially good anime to make up for it.

• Informative 1

You are eager. ;)

At this stage for me:

• Fate/stay night is a no-brainer.
  • Gunslinger Stratos adapatation I'll definitely take a look, that game was really popular in many of the arcades I saw in Japan.
  • Hibike! Euphonium has got me curious given it's a Kyoto Animation production...

• 4 weeks later...

I know I just got here but I'll just mention I'm probably planning to watch barely anything airing starting next season, even though a bunch interest me, and ones I will definitely watch at some point are as follows:

Digimon Adventure Tri.

Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Hibike! Euphonium - Just KyoAni

Kyoukai no Rinne - Want to actually give her works a chance. I didn't mind the few eps of InuYasha I saw on TV, but that was way back when I really couldn't stay up late enough to follow it

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu

Nisekoi 2

Ore Monogatari!! - Sounds right up my alley.

Only ones I didn't say anything about are sequels or spin-offs so there's really only 1 reason I wanna watch 'em.

The only series I'll be watching (well, trying to watch anyway) is Digimon Tri. Can't think of any other series. Maybe I'll finally finish up Gunslinger Girl, and I know it isn't a new series. It's a short series, but I just stopped watching it for some reason.

Maybe I'll go back to Sailor Moon Crystal. I saw the first 10 or 11 episodes finally back in January, I think, but haven't watched anything past that. I appreciate what the series is doing...but it's just not pulling me in like the original did and I guess it's because of the personalities of the girls or the sides (or should I say "side") being shown. Sailor Moon, imo, is a series where filler actually helped the series. We got to see other facets of their characters; that there was more to them than just "Sailor Business". I just don't get that feeling with Crystal at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be watching the following

Dungeon ni deai wo motomeru no wa machigatteiru darou ka

Grisaia no Meikyuu

High school DxD Born

Kekkai sensen

Sidonia no kishi daikyuu wakusei seneki

High school DxD OVA

Kyoukai no Katana movies

• 3 weeks later...

So, just giving an updated list, and with only 2 weeks left until the spring season! :)

59e216b859320_Spring2015AniChart.netInteractiveSeasonalUpcomingAnimeCharts.thumb.jpg.7c5081a9c111963655d5e6f3eeba36d7.jpg

After seeing the list again, I'll be adding:

Owari no Seraph

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso OVA

Hey, out of curiosity, do movies count? If I'm still in Japan and given my current situation, I should be, I plan to go see the upcoming Detective Conan movie next month.

@ssjup81: yeah I don't see why not. :) There are quite a few movie titles up there in the Anichart list drill posted.

@drill: on another note we should probably pick 5-10 from that list to add to the slider and make discussion threads as this season comes to an end.

@drill: on another note we should probably pick 5-10 from that list to add to the slider and make discussion threads as this season comes to an end.

Yeah, I was planning on doing that sometime early next week. I'll actually be adding 14 threads and linking them all to the slider. Fortunetly, almost everything is coming to a close this season, so we will still have around the same number of slides.

@drill let me know what series your planning to watch because there are a few that I am going to make threads for and I don't want to overlap with yours.

Oh, I posted all those earlier in the thread, but here they are:

1. Arslan Senki New
  2. Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
  3. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
  4. Grisaia no Meikyuu
  5. Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
  6. Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
  7. Hibike! Euphonium
  8. Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
  9. Nisekoi 2
  10. Shokugeki no Souma
  11. Urawa no Usagi-chan
  12. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
  13. Angel Beats Specials
  14. Owari no Seraph
  15. Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
  16. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso OVA

Feel free to start making threads now, and if I don't notice them, just PM me or something and I'll add them to the slider.

• 1 month later...

So, I was just wondering how everyone was enjoying the spring season so far. For me, there were a few titles that were a bit of a let down. However, I was surprised about a few that I thought were going to be generic. As of now, I would probably list what I'm watching in this order:

1. OreGairu 2

2. Kekkai Sensen
  3. Grisaia no Rakuen
  4. Ore Monogatari
  5. Fate/Stay Night UBW 2 (Ufotable is doing a good job, but I just like the Fate route better :P)
  6. Plastic Memories
  7. Arslan Senki
  8. Danmachi
  9. Owari no Seraph
  10. Re-Kan
  11. Shokugeki no Souma

12. Nisekoi 2
  13. Denpa Kyoushi
  14. Hibike

I'm actually enjoying everything listed at 10 or higher. I'm thinking about dropping the other four if I get too busy though.

• Geano locked this topic