McDonald's

Optic

1. How often do you have McDonald's?

2. Anything unique about your country's McDonald's compared to other ones you have visited around the world?

3. Your favourite menu item(s) and why?

I will give my responses soon. :cool:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America! The original McDonald's we have the normal things. However in Hawaii I got a haupia pie, which is a sweet coconut filling in a sugary pie crust. It's was ok but nothing to write home about. They also had spam on the menu.

I go to mcdonalds maybe 2 or 3 times a month really too much I think.

My favorite item is the bigmac even though the burger patties are ridiculous it tastes great. Also they have chicken strips I like especially with buffalo sauce. That's about it.

1. Almost never. Maybe once or twice a year? I avoid it because of my sunflower allergy. Even though I am trying to get over it, I have the feeling I still will get a huge stomach ache of it there haha.

2. McFlurry Stroopwafel (Syrup Waffle), typical Dutch cookie. Around February they have the "Holland burgers" each year, which have typical Dutch ingredients. Probably some more typical Dutch things but I cannot seem to remember them at the moment.

3. I like those small burgers you get in your happy meal, regular or cheeseburger! Next to that, the McChicken Saté, it contains the chicken burger, lettuce, peanut sauce, bean sprouts and crispy garlic. ^^

At the moment I am quite disappointed with McDonald's in Australia. They have changed the recipe of my much loved Grand Angus :( really, it doesn't taste that good anymore and that would be my favourite thing to buy off the menu. Plus I do not like how they changed the flavours of the McFlurry's. How I miss the days of when I could buy an M&M McFlurry!

I do not try to go to McDonald's too often. I did have an ex-boyfriend who was obsessed with McDonald's and we would go there most times I would drive to his place so in the end I quite got sick of McDonald's. Fortunately because of him I learnt how tasty those Chocolate Frappes are!

At the moment I am quite disappointed with McDonald's in Australia. They have changed the recipe of my much loved Grand Angus :( really, it doesn't taste that good anymore and that would be my favourite thing to buy off the menu.

I LOVE the Grand Angus! But I haven't had it for a month due to my Europe holiday. What exactly have they changed?

Well, instead of the burger bun being the sour dough one that they had before, it has now been replaced with a new and improved bun (which really doesn't taste that nice). They also changed the lettuce to normal ice-berg. I liked my gourmet lettuce :( They have also improved the meat though. I think the idea was to make it a tiny bit healthier cause I noticed the kilojules of this burger are lower than the older version of the Grand Angus.

Unfortunately Maccas has the habit of adding new shinny items that taste really good. Then once they are a hit they start short cutting/cost cutting it.

Deli choice rolls I used to LOVE. Their chicken Caesar was great. Then it went to plain lettuce instead of the mixed, then changed to the wrap and adding more sauce than filling.

Then they turn crap. Nearly always happens.

Next to that, the McChicken Saté, it contains the chicken burger, lettuce, peanut sauce, bean sprouts and crispy garlic. ^^

Now this sounds really tasty! Oh WHY didn't I try out Maccas when I was in Amsterdam!! Mail me one. :D

Plus I do not like how they changed the flavours of the McFlurry's. How I miss the days of when I could buy an M&M McFlurry!

Malteser McFlurries are better. ;)

Well, instead of the burger bun being the sour dough one that they had before, it has now been replaced with a new and improved bun (which really doesn't taste that nice).

Oh man... was that the same bun they used for the new Lamb burger? :-/

Deli choice rolls I used to LOVE. Their chicken Caesar was great. Then it went to plain lettuce instead of the mixed, then changed to the wrap and adding more sauce than filling.

I remember those Deli baguettes they used to sell... they were really tasty. I also remember the Lean Beef Burger which was actually decent, mixed lettuce and spicy tomato sauce. Then surprise surprise, they went to Ketchup and normal lettuce before eventually taking it off the menu. Seems the only items immune to their downsizing is their standard items...

--

My responses:

1. I have it 3 times a week for my lunch break at work. :D But the main reason for this is the lack of a decent coffee machine at our work. And I love McCafe coffees. And this loyalty card probably doesn't help either:

mccafe.jpg

2. We have a few unique items in Aussie Maccas. They're really pushing out this Lamb Burger (I think it's terrible!), Angus burgers were quite recent too which we adopted from the American Maccas but with different fillings. Grand Angus (salad) and Mighty Angus (bacon and onion relish). McCafe is also in just about every Maccas here with a dining area. I found the absence of McCafe throughout London and Amsterdam to be surprising! Most likely because Starbucks and Nero dominated first in London, and similar to Amsterdam I imagine.

3. Like Corrupt, my all-time favourite is the Big Mac. There is something about that sauce and crispy lettuce and diced onion that keeps drawing me back. Thankfully they have kept the recipe more or less intact other than the gradual downsizing of the bun and patties... I swear they used to be bigger.

Almost 1-3 times per week

Sometime unique??? Well, I'm not sure what is unique over here since most of the time, the menu are just copied over from Mac's menu of other countries and renamed to something else. Maybe one thing unique is that they actually charged additional charges if you choose to take extra of their Mccurry sauce and other sauces

Malteser McFlurries are better. ;)

Oh man... was that the same bun they used for the new Lamb burger? :-/

Yes I am quite sure it is the same bun they use for their new lamb burger. I have no idea why they would think this would be a good replacement! Yes, Malteser McFlurries are quite nice I am glad they are back since they are better than all those other weird new McFlurry flavours they have now.

Care to share some pictures here? =) I will post two of my favourite things here below! Oh and one thing I dislike of McDonald's nowadays are the milkshakes, somehow they stopped caring to blend/mix it very well. It's usually more like ice-cream and you cannot drink it unless you wait a very long time...

1120663541_5_bgGC.jpeg

mcflurry_stroopwafel_big.png

Almost 1-3 times per week

Sometime unique??? Well, I'm not sure what is unique over here since most of the time, the menu are just copied over from Mac's menu of other countries and renamed to something else. Maybe one thing unique is that they actually charged additional charges if you choose to take extra of their Mccurry sauce and other sauces

True, Fab! We hardly ever have any unique menu items/promotions. Other fast food chains are cleverer to create menu items for the various festivals that plays on the locals' tastes. Pizza Hut does a pretty good job.

While McDees isn't that exciting for that matter, I enjoy its breakfast meals 1-2 times per week.

I avoid McDonalds, but it is probably better in another country.. As a foodie, I strive for better quality burgers than McDonalds!

I'm totally hating on fast food haha. You guys should watch Supersize Me :P

OK guilty pleasure: Quarter Pounder, Big Mac, and the good ol' Chicken McNuggets.

Again, still avoiding them! I've been McDonalds free for nearly a year now :P

If you all come to California, it is all about In n Out, foo!

1. How often do you have McDonald's?

2. Anything unique about your country's McDonald's compared to other ones you have visited around the world?

3. Your favourite menu item(s) and why?

I will give my responses soon. :cool:

1. like once every 2 weeks to 2 months?

2. GCB (whatever it stands for), Prosperity Burger, etc.

3. Spicy Chicken McDeluxe for its large piece of chicken breast filet in the burger. Real chicken breast meat, not processed nugget meat.

I'd like lamb burger as well in my country...

@Xin: well, there's also no bacon in McDs in Malaysia. I think because it is not halal and that's why it is not in any of the burgers...

OMG Lindsay!!! Scoop Wafel!!!!!! Remember that time when you sent some to me? Now they were interesting but I think I will still prefer the other McFlurries xD

Haha yes! Those are typical Dutch cookies, you like them right? It is my favourite McFlurry but I also like McFlurry Rolo! Remember I was jealous at you for having that in Australia? We finally got it here! But I expected the chocolate to be like the caramel syrup in it but it wasn't, it are hard parts. Still nice but yeah. I miss the McFlurry Crunchy and M&M.

I'd gladly omit some McDee's over here for some of CA's food trucks.

Haha, you're right

I wish McDonalds would have fresher ingredients that fast foods like In n Out here can kind of do.

I'd gladly omit some McDee's over here for some of CA's food trucks.

Haha, you're right

I wish McDonalds would have fresher ingredients that fast foods like In n Out here can kind of do.

I don't like In n Out fries but yes their burgers are orgasmic!

One good thing about Mcdonalds is you know where ever you go your always gonna have the same tasting food.

• 2 months later...