Favorite Fall Beverage

Seshi

I don't drink alcoholic beverages, so it'll be the pumpkin spice. I only had it once (not sure pumpkin spice stuff is really a thing outside the US?) and it was decent. Not the taste to go in every situation but still interesting. But I've heard that people in Italy find the idea of pumpkin spice coffee offensive 😂

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

But I've heard that people in Italy find the idea of pumpkin spice coffee offensive 😂

I too find pumpkin spice coffee offensive 🤣🤣😜

Also, apple cider isn’t alcoholic 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

it isn't? oh I just looked it up. Cider is, but apple cider isn't, how weird 😂 So, if I get this right, it is something like boiled apple juice? Sounds a bit strange, but I would definitely try it as I think apple juice is great!

Way better than apple juice too! Haha yea, if you can find some, give it a try this fall 🍁😊

• Like 1

Apple Cider is made by mulling it...so it isn't just boiled apple juice 😋  if you've ever had mulled wine, it's the same concept. @Illusion of Terra

I don't know as they both have their places and I enjoy both. I do enjoy a good hot apple cider...it's nice on the throat, typically soothing and will warm you up. Pumpkin spice...well, I like pumpkin pie and my tiers of my wedding cake were pumpkin (which I loved and unfortunately my guests ate all of it! No leftovers for me. My husband insisted on yellow cake tiers for his half =/), I love pumpkin rolls...but I never have done pumpkin spice in anything not already pumpkiny. Guess that makes me favor cider?  I even love love LOVE sparkling apple cider (I make sure to get me a half dozen bottles every Christmas to enjoy chilled).

That said...there are a lot of strange things that are pumpkin spice flavored out there. Some that cannot be spoken of here so I imagine the pumpkin spice camp is probably the bigger camp...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Apple Cider is made by mulling it...so it isn't just boiled apple juice 😋  if you've ever had mulled wine, it's the same concept. @Illusion of Terra

'mulling'? You know, even if you learn a language pretty well, food words can throw you off 😂 Like when I heard 'smothered chicken' I first imagined someone strangled a chicken to death 😂
I don't drink alcoholic beverage, so haven't had (mulled) wine, but after looking up what mulled is I think I get a rough idea. In case I can't find it here, if I ever get to the US I'll definitely give apple cider a try :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

I don't know as they both have their places and I enjoy both. I do enjoy a good hot apple cider...it's nice on the throat, typically soothing and will warm you up. Pumpkin spice...well, I like pumpkin pie and my tiers of my wedding cake were pumpkin (which I loved and unfortunately my guests ate all of it! No leftovers for me. My husband insisted on yellow cake tiers for his half =/), I love pumpkin rolls...but I never have done pumpkin spice in anything not already pumpkiny. Guess that makes me favor cider?  I even love love LOVE sparkling apple cider (I make sure to get me a half dozen bottles every Christmas to enjoy chilled).

Yay, Cider! So many reasons to love it. :)

I am the same with pumpkin spiced foods, but not beverages. Pumpkin logs!!!! Yes, those cream cheese filled rolled goodies, that has to be the best fall treat.

@Illusion of Terra speaking of food words... dank means nasty, dark wet moldy. In the food world it means real tasty...  yeah..food people are weird and I think could better themselves by using a dictionary every now and then. 

Take my word, apple cider is worth heating up a batch in a crockpot or on the stove if you have guests over in the winter. Quite enjoyable. 

• Like 2

Well I admit I personally am not huge seasonal food shopper nit that I don;t like pumpkin spiced everything. I just take it all year round when I can get it. Though I guess if I had to pick something it would be pumpkin spiced chai tea.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:37 PM, Zombunny said:

I'm not a fan of fall drinks. I actually tried a pumpkin spic latte from starbucks for the first time this past weekend. Wasn't for me.....

Yeaaaaaaah, I’m not a fan of most Starbucks drinks, but that one is by far the worst I’ve tried.