Winter 2021 Season Anticipation

We are now less than a month a way from a new season of anime :D

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2021/tv

Most of the highly anticipated titles will probably be sequels as the industry tries to reduce the 2020/Covid backlog, but there are some interesting looking new series as well. 

For me:

So, what are other folks looking forward to? Please share

Edited by Ohayotaku

And Crunchyroll has followed suit

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/12/22-1/crunchyroll-announces-winter-2021-anime-lineup?utm_source=editorial_cr&utm_medium=top-bar&utm_campaign=q1-2021_en&referrer=editorial_cr_top-bar_q1-2021_c

Of course the buyout of CR  by Funi is all but a done deal unless the FTC steps in. But looks like things remain separate for now anyway.

Umamusume gets a second season but still no SF?   :( I can make do with re:zero and reincarnated slime though.  Dr. Stone wound up kinda "meh" for me but I'll probably watch the second season anyway.  I like Nadeshiko from laid-back camp too.  👍 

• Like 1

@efaardvark ah, I was trying to think of a specific series title 😅 Yeah, they’re hard to come by, especially the at least feasibly realistic ones you enjoy. Schedule is pretty well saturated with isekai, shonen & moe 😂

I know for sure I am watching AOT, quintuplets and slime. 

I did see some others that do look interesting. I will have to do some research. I look forward to this upcoming season. I didn't watch much this fall. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Beocat said:

The only one I'm looking forward to is Log Horizon Season 3. I've been waiting for this season for what feels like forever. 

I need to binge some this weekend since I’m still fairly early into season 1 :P Fortunately the new season doesn’t start till 01/13/2021

• Friendly 1
Posted (edited)

There’s a new recap episode up for Reincarnated as a Slime in preparation for the new season next week. I actually thought it was pretty well done because there was a lot of emphasis on Rimuru’s connection with Shizu since a former apprentice of hers will apparently be an important character in season 2.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 1:52 AM, efaardvark said:

Dr. Stone wound up kinda "meh" for me but I'll probably watch the second season anyway.

Yeah , for a series where intelligence is supposed to be key, there are times when it can come across as pretty dumb :P  Of the various sequel premiere episodes, I found it to be the most disappointing. But if season 1 is any indication, I’ll still find enough to enjoy to keep watching.