Any good Space Opera Anime?

Deeath

Question

Hey guys, i'm currently looking for more Space Opera animes to watch, i've already watched Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, and i'm currently looking for more Space Opera animes to watch, any good good recommendations?

8 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, deaaath said:

Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star

A lot people consider the term “space opera”  to be on a grander scale. Examples: Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato; Captain Harlock; Arcadia of My Youth; Legend of the Galactic Heroes; Banner/Crest of the Stars. Most of Leiji Matsumoto’s work.

For series more like Cowboy Bebop or Outlaw Star: Coyote Ragtime Show; Trigun; Gun x Sword; Space Dandy; Edens Zero. Angel Links takes place in the same universe/reality as Outlaw Star but not fondly remembered. You might also like Vivy Fluorite Eye’s Song or Astra Lost in Space.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

Got a space opera series for you, Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Yamato 2199. Both have an old and new version, one issue is that the older version of LOTGH doesn't have a dub and there is apparently (a friend is currently watching it) a lot of talking. So he's constantly pausing or rewinding to pick up on what he missed. 

• Agree 1

my suggestions in this area , apart from the ones already mentioned

a list to consider looking at would have in it

Sidonia no Kishi/Knights of Sidonia

Space Dandy

Coyote Ragtime Show

and

Ergo Proxy

all have links to their myanimelist pages

another one that i still havent finished and didnt really get in to too much but in this area and on this site was suggester to me to watch was

Planetes

and then there are others that may or may not fall in to the category like

ID-0

all in all there are some as well that im at the moment just not thinking of for this type of genre

Looks like others have already mentioned some good ones.  I’ll just add Space Pirate Captain Harlock.   Also maybe things like Moonlight Mile, though that’s more along the same lines as Planetes.  hth..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wodahs said:

oh i thought Space Pirate Captain Harlock had been mentioned prier otherwise i would have added it too

i stuffeded up 😩

Scanning back I see that Ohayotaku already did.  Sorry for the dup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Scanning back I see that Ohayotaku already did.  Sorry for the dup.

np with your previous post and with out looking further back i thought i had missed posting it my self , so that must mean the three of us are suggesting try it out 😁