TV or computer?

AnimeThief

• 1 month later...

TV. I usually end up watching in the company of at least one other person, so it's nice to be able to smush together on the sofa and see whatever we're watching on a larger screen.

I also use my phone quite a bit, since I have an hour and a half commute to get to my place of work.

• Like 1

I've never watched TV since the Internet, and more specifically, YouTube, became a thing in my life. There was hardly any reason to bother with television and cable anymore.

Of course, once cable was gone from my life, I start to realize how much I took it for granted. Movies that were available 24/7 on cable? That's way better than the Internet. Unfortunately, my family could no longer afford cable nowadays. Sigh.

70% of time I'll use my laptop to watch anime, either locally or streamed.

20% of the time I'll use my phone, which is usually when it's the only thing I have access to and something good has just come out.

10% of the time I'll use my TV, which uses my Banana Pi as it's source of video input.

Right, didn't read the opening post before I posted.

I did watch anime on TV once back then. I didn't need cable for it, since all the local channels had their share of anime, albeit in Singapore English dub or Chinese. Once I acquired Animax on cable, however, it really got me into watching anime.

Of course, I didn't know what anime was back then, just thinking of them as cartoons like any other. Once got into college, where my classmates introduced me to anime, that's when I searched for anime I might want to watch instead of watching whatever random title that was airing on Animax. The rest is history, and I've rarely watched anime on TV ever since. This was partly influenced by the fact that my college classmates and I would watch anime on our laptops - during class. lol We were slackers, and while some would play Counterstrike, we would watch anime and movies. xD I remember watching Evangelion in class.

Ever since then, watching anime on my computer just felt more natural, especially when I only have two televisions today, neither of which belong to me. One is in the living room where my parents would hog, another one in their bedroom. I used to have a TV in my bedroom many years ago, but I didn't bother to watch it. Can't remember why. Probably the same reason I stated in my last post, taking the television for granted when I had access to video-streaming on my computer. Sigh. Oh well. My TV wasn't HD anyway. It's one of those CRTs. Ugh. Mr. Braun would be proud.

• Agree 1

When I first started out, anime was watched on the television. Sometimes recorded over night on a VHS tape for me to watch the next day, as I use to have a bed time as a child and would sneak watching it late at night. This was before I discovered streaming online.

Now everything is typically on the computer, though, I will admit I have flicked through netflix and watched a couple things on there to pass time.

I am all computer now, I watch all my Game of Thrones and all online and not on Tv, I only leave my Tv on sometimes at night to help me sleep or have it on if I wanna watch sports.

As someone once said memories last forever.

I remember my Pokemon/Bakugan/Yugioh/Naruto times very well, it's a shame this period of my life ended so quick...but yeah nowadays i watch animes through streams like the most of the majority here.

• Geano locked this topic