A Certain Scientific Railgun

drill

This is a great series that I enjoyed a lot, and it was one of the few series that did not just fail in the second season, but still held strong throughout the whole series. Has anyone else seen this? Who is your favorite character? My favorite would be.... um... I can't choose right now xD but I am planning to rewatch this and take screenshots as I do (will probably have to rewatch each time I do a new character though :? At least it will add to my increasingly number of days watched of anime :))

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I watch this anime (both seasons) including Index a year ago. I think Railgun overall was great since it's side story on to Toaru Majutsu no Indekkusu, but it had some flaws. Mostly, I was kinda bored in the 1st season but once 2nd season of Railgun and saw the Toma vs. Accelerator fight. Omg, this is truly better than Index in my perspective.

Favorite character has to go with Misaka. She has pretty interesting personality but her she fires lighting (something like that?) was that makes her badass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Funimation is releasing a complete Bluray box set for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) on January 20, 2015.

I must admit this title peaked my interest after looking at your Misaka gallery, @drill. :yum:

What's this series like? Action with supernatural within a modern setting?

Thinking of pre-ordering it on Amazon.

Funimation is releasing a complete Bluray box set for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) on January 20, 2015.

I must admit this title peaked my interest after looking at your Misaka gallery, @drill. :yum:

What's this series like? Action with supernatural within a modern setting?

Thinking of pre-ordering it on Amazon.

Hm... well, its a slightly futuristic setting, as they have robots and stuff that police certain areas. There may be a few other things as well, but my memory is failing me. :? Anyway, as for the genre, it starts off as a SoL and gradually adds action into it, while maintaining the supernatural setting throughout.

• Like 1

Well I couldn't wait until January 20 for the Blu-ray release so I've started watching it. xD

I really like this series so far, Shirai Kuroko's perverted nature towards Misaka is very amusing.

I've edited the landing page with the main four characters.

• Friendly 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Railgun is one of my favorite series out there. It might not be the best anime ever made, but I at was not overly annoyed or bored by most of the stuff that is going on, and is even more believable than the Index series.

As for my favorite character, I would say Misaka, as she seems like a fun girl to follow and just does seem to rely entirely on luck to win, especially when she fought against ITEM.

Kuroko, however, is a bit hit and miss, depending on whether you are talking about the anime or manga. In the anime, I can only stand her when she is not trying to make advances on Misaka or doing something perverted (no thanks to the fact that J.C. Staff puts in way too  of that stuff in the anime), but I do enjoy seeing her and her antics in the manga, as I actually feel like laughing when they do happen and they are not shown as often as they are in the anime.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic