Rurouni Kenshin

Wodahs

well ive always enjoyed the Rurouni Kenshin animes

[mal type=anime id=45] 

but like other animes and as some have posted here they went and mad a film and in doing so ruined it well that's how I fell whats your opinion ?

seems the movie was made in 2012 but has just made its way into one of the anime streaming services I use AnimeLab

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979319/videoplayer/vi2921248793?ref_=tt_ov_vi

are you in to the Rurouni Kenshin animes too

have you seen the film

whats your thoughts

me I couldn't stand it , to me it was all wrong

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The original was alright and enjoyable...it may not have withstood the test of time.  Live action type movies are rarely good in my opinion...that one seemed to cover season one of Rouroni Kenshin.

I remember watching the CG Harlock movie. I went in with low expectations so it wasn't too bad. I guess the key is to lower your expectations appropriately then be pleasantly surprised when they pull it off.

• 6 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 7:11 AM, Beocat said:

I guess the key is to lower your expectations appropriately then be pleasantly surprised when they pull it off.

That could work, but I think going in with no expectations of anything, other than something that is entertaining. It might still be along the lines you propose, but there is nothing lower than that.

As for my own thoughts on the subject, I remember hating it initially. The show seemed decent, but I just could not stand Kenshin's pacifism. 

However, after getting familiar with Kenshin's past in the manga, I think that things were handled quite well, though Kenshin's motivations and what led him to the decision not to kill is still puzzling in the anime. Only bad point was how it ended on filler and never went into the Jinchu arc.

As for the movie, it was okay. I really hated how some things that were done in the anime and manga looked just about as fake as the heart attacks in the Japanese Death Note live action adaptations (Yes, I know this stuff is staged and or effects are used, but it felt like they were not even trying make the audience feel like everything is actually happening), but the movie was at least good enough to kill time.

This is another anime I grew up with. It was a long journey with the series and then it had if I recall four anime movies. Samurai X is the movie that flopped. I really enjoyed the other movies as it gave us an understanding of his past before he met Miss Kaoru. I was not amused that a live action movie was released. I feel like most live action shows based off of animes are mostly crappy. Some can be tolerable. But I mean, look at Death Note. *Cough*

• Agree 1

I very much enjoyed the first release of this at least in the sub. The dub sorta made my ears bleed in terms of the voice acting. Though on to the story. It was really good not quite as good as its source manga, but still very good series that should be remembered. I would watch it again forsure.

I frequently watch the fight scenes just to see Kenshin get his yellow manslayer eyes, but it's funny how similar the fight scenes are. It's always Kaoru on her knees crying, Sanosuke injured watching on, and Yahiko standing agressively with or without his shinai. Still great though.

Just now, Nono said:

I frequently watch the fight scenes just to see Kenshin get his yellow manslayer eyes, but it's funny how similar the fight scenes are. It's always Kaoru on her knees crying, Sanosuke injured watching on, and Yahiko standing agressively with or without his shinai. Still great though.

Kenshin dose have some pretty polished fighting too so I can see why. I have done that sorta thing too, but not with this anime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Kenshin dose have some pretty polished fighting too so I can see why. I have done that sorta thing too, but not with this anime.

Yeah it does. His fight with Saito is probably my favorite in the series.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nono said:

Yeah it does. His fight with Saito is probably my favorite in the series.

I have a harder time choosing all all time favorite fight of his though that one was epic to be sure. In terms of how the fights play into the plot for both the anime, and manga which do you prefer for either of these situations?

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I have a harder time choosing all all time favorite fight of his though that one was epic to be sure. In terms of how the fights play into the plot for both the anime, and manga which do you prefer for either of these situations?

I'm not really sure what you're asking, lol.

1 hour ago, Nono said:

I'm not really sure what you're asking, lol.

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to weather you preferred his character development in the manga, or anime.

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to weather you preferred his character development in the manga, or anime.

Ah ok. I never finished reading the manga. I grew up/live in a small town and hadn't started driving at the time I was into the show, so at some point it became kinda hard to find a ride into the big city to be able to find/buy the next issue. That and lack of funds sometimes. Eventually I just moved on to the next thing.

Edited by Nono
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nono said:

Ah ok. I never finished reading the manga. I grew up/live in a small town and hadn't started driving at the time I was into the show, so at some point it became kinda hard to find a ride into the big city to be able to find/buy the next issue. That and lack of funds sometimes. Eventually I just moved on to the next thing.

Yah thats understandable I have always done the big city life. I like having everything I need right there for me. Honestly manga in retail is even hard to find in retail in tthe city let alone a small town since most read it online, or through a app. I do buyy the series I like most online. I have this one, but still need to finish it myself.