New Registrations Suspended Read more... ×
NG-Anime

Looking for English dubbed anime

Looking for a new anime to watch with a friend. She not really into watching subbed anime I’m not that bothered but was wondering if there were any good English dubbed anime people have watched .. we had a good look around on the web but most that we had found were the usual like death note , Bleach etc . Let me know any?? 

I'd recommend virtually any anime directed by Shinichiro Watanabe for a quality dub. Same with Baccano! and Black Lagoon. Those should be good to start off with. 

Any genre preference she might be interested in?

27 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Any genre preference she might be interested in?

Not particularly .. here’s a few that we have seen already that might give u an idea...

Rurouni Kenshin- not sure a spelt that right

One Punch

Tokyo Ghoul

Attack on titan

Bleach

blue exorcist

skip beat

samari champaloo

code geass 

1 hour ago, Arslanio said:

I'd recommend virtually any anime directed by Shinichiro Watanabe for a quality dub. Same with Baccano! and Black Lagoon. Those should be good to start off with. 

Thanks .. might have a look have seen  a couple already like cowboy Beebop , samurai champloo and space daddy which were all awesome 👍

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm....  maybe try Big O!  It has a good dub. The first half is episodic while the latter half is more storyline arc.  Good classic. I like to think of it as Japan's version of Batman.

If you are willing to step out of the fighting genres, there are plenty more. Ah! My Goddess being one that is hard not to love. Log Horizon has a good dub and might yet get an ending now that the author has started writing again. Moribito is one of my favorites and Psycho PASS is good if you are looking for something newer. Bodacious Space Pirates has a great dub too but can be a bit comedic at times.

Edited by Beocat

Princess Tutu has a pretty good dub. It's also no where near as cute and girly as it first seems. It gets fairly dark, and the characters go through some serious development. It's also our favourite anime ever.

• Agree 1

Assaination classroom is a very good dub anime. It’s abit long with two seasons but trust me it’s worth it. And it would be good for you and your friend to watch together because it has that kind of style. 

• Agree 1

I'd honestly need more information to go on.  Knowing here taste in genre can be quite helpful to all of us.  Does she actually enjoy the mainstream stream stuff?  My anime list on my profile bounces around a bit.  Not all of it is mainstream but I find them all enjoyable.  Some of it you can find dubbed on youtube.  Good luck.

17 hours ago, Beocat said:

Big O

Moribito

Psycho PASS 

I second these recommendations. Also, if Psycho PASS will be mentioned, then Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex might also be good recommendation. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Beocat
      So, in a similar fashion to an earlier thread of mine (shamelessly linked here for anyone who wants to check it out and vote  Click Here for the Post! on Magical Girls), I've been wondering about all of your thoughts about the Slice of Life genre.  What is really Slice of Life to you?  Do you enjoy or dislike them?  And why?  Which ones are your favorites, and why did it stand out amongst the crowd?  What was your first Slice of Life?

To me, Slice of Life is a big change in pace from what I usually enjoy watching.  I've only ever collected a handful for my library but have doubtlessly enjoyed them (even the ones that I thought were a bit slow and strange!).  I tend to consider them as Slice of Life's whenever I find myself unable to label them as anything else...which probably means my grasp of Slice of Life as a genre needs more development haha...  For the most part, I've enjoyed the ones I've seen.  My favorite would probably be HaNaYaMaTa with its color and music.  I suppose having a plot to follow helped (I get lost in the plotless ones lol).  My first (that I finished) was Non Non Biyori which is impressive since I spent most of the first season trying to figure out what the plot was LMAO.  The first I started was Hanasaku Iroha (which I only had half of the first season in my possession at the time).

So, what are all of your thoughts of the genre?  And don't be shy guys  I think Slice of Lifes tend to end up in a forgotten group.  Maybe it is because they aren't as flashy as some other genres. 
    • By pierrem70
      So i am so happy!  I just bought my first ever Manga, which is Death Note and i love it so much!! I love books with background images and writing notes inside so you can actually notice what's going on it's fantastic  It is my first ever Manga that i will be reading, but i definitely will be buying other manga books too! 
      I still do prefer Anime over Manga, though just because it's colourful  Please let me know any Manga, you think is worth me buying!  

What do you guys think about Manga, and what was your first manga you read?  

• By pierrem70
      I know that this is completely random. But have you ever had that feeling where you had a weird and strange day, Watching Anime always makes you smile at the end. 😀It gives you a buzzing feeling, and ends your day on a really good note because of Anime? Whenever i watch Anime i just get that warm feeling, Because i know that i will never get bored of Anime!!!! Its freaking awesome and Kawaii😀😍🙂
      Anyway, i just wanted to know if anybody else had that same feeling watching Anime or even after watching it. It would definetely depend on what kind of Anime you are watching, but yeah! 
      So ever had that feeling before?
      At the moment im currently watching, Tomodachi I have no friends!!! Its such a great Anime   
    • By Aidinios
      I saw this picture on Instagram and was shocked. So can someone please say if it is real or fake.

• By Beocat
      The Article

So, I  read this article this morning (Japanese Twitter has some funny topics sometimes) and it got me thinking....  what makes an anime world class? 

I guess to me, it would have to loved by all and known in most major countries. That means, no nasty debates over whether it is good or bad (that means SAO is what an Otaku might think is world class). I would consider that it would also have to avoid the tropes too many anime fall into (harems, ecchi, groping, etc).  I guess for me, my Miyazaki and some of my Shinkai anime would qualify...I can understand Ghost in the Shell being included too. Maybe even Cardcaptor Sakura.

What do all of you think? What would your definition be? Have any World Class or Otakus might think is... in your collections? 
Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!