Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Hello @SAO LILDOOP, my personal favourites at the moment are: Puella Magi Madoka Magica (psychologically it's great and arguably the most popular one) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Nanoha is so adorable) Senki Zesshou Symphogear (more action and music with Sci-Fi) I wrote about the first two here: https://animeforums.net/three-great-magical-girl-titles/ And also about Symphogear here: https://animeforums.net/three-great-anime-music-titles/
  2. Just advising that all articles have now been moved to the new Article system, and the navigation link for Articles on the forums has been updated.
  3. Hello @TychoLorenzo, we recently had a revamp by adding a new front page portal. It's possible your login session may need to be refreshed - please try logging out and log back in for the change to fully take effect on your device. If it is still showing you logged in as another member please let me know.
  4. Thanks all. Would love to see what you come up with when you're ready. Thank you @Stoodell ! Glad to see you like them. Yes, I'm still cleaning up the forum titles (my fault) and linking them correctly, once that is sorted I will make another announcement with more details.
  5. Thanks @SurrealBrain for reporting this - had to make a slight adjustment because the forums are now located in /community/ so should be OK now.
  6. The new front page is up, currently still moving pages across for Reviews and Articles. Will be a little messy temporarily until finished!

  7. Hello everyone, In preparation for the upcoming Fall 2016 anime season, Anime Forums will be closed for up to 48 hours whilst the Articles and Reviews (Landing Pages) sections are revamped. This is necessary because a new system is being used for these sections and this requires the forum to be moved into a new location. I have set time aside on Wednesday morning (21 Sep) at 9 AM (my time zone in Perth, WA) to go ahead with this. In PDT time: Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 9 PM Anime Forums will be closed and unavailable for up to 48 hours whilst these changes are implemented! Wait! I thought we got rid of the landing pages in favour of having separate anime discussion forums! Yes that's right.... https://animeforums.net/threads/scheduled-downtime-for-revamp.2132/ And that was partially implemented - partially because the old user reviews didn't make it across, so the old landing pages were re-opened temporarily. However this brought up several glaring issues: The database we were using for episode summaries and screenshots (TheMovieDB) had gaps and wasn't being updated fast enough for Currently Airing Titles. This resulted in ugly threads. There were times I had to manually update TMDB with screenshots, which is understandable given these titles were brand new from Japan and it being a community database. It made the forums harder to use to find specific anime titles and browsing them were a pain. To address the above: Landing Pages will be coming back with a facelift, and Reviews that everyone submitted will be migrated across to the new landing pages. Anime discussion forums will stay as this is still needed to allow more wider anime title discussions. Episode Discussion threads and anime discussion forums will be simplified, no more metadata in order to remove the dependency from this database. Sliders will be removed too in favour of moving them to the new anime landing pages. A new homepage will help make Anime Forums MUCH easier to use by featuring titles from both the current airing season and previous season. Within the landing pages, links to the title's discussion forum threads, reviews and articles written by the community that are relevant to that title will be featured. OK, and the Articles? Articles will be getting a robust face-lift too. Recently submitted articles will be featured on the new homepage and will look better in a blog style format. New article submissions from this point forward however will need to be processed separately, outside the forums. More details to come on this. If you have any feedback, questions or suggestions - as usual please feel free to let me know below or letting me know!
  8. Apologies for the unexpected downtime, back up now. @_@

    1. Frost

      Frost

      Thank you, Optic. ^-^

  9. Oh lovely! Apparently it is a prequel adaptation of past events prior to Sora and Shiro arriving at Disboard. Looking forward to more details.
  10. .......................................... Somehow, I COMPLETELY forgot about this, even though I was really hyped for it. And I missed it. And now I need to catch up on it. Give me a week.
  11. Interesting topic @Evil Bunny of Doom. They kind of tug at each other like a triangle don't they? Feelings include passion and drive Instincts include having initiative as well as being proactive Logic includes being efficient with workflows I'm leaning towards logic as my main driver as often I have to think in a systematic way when it comes to IT work. But needless to say there is definitely overlap across all three in most situations.
  12. Have you tried Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? Good solid story, characters that you'll most likely grow to like quickly and the main story with Edward wanting to help his brother Alphonse really keeps it going strong. Villains are great too with a very decent amount of action. I hear Bleach and Fairy Tail are good too but I haven't watched them yet.
  13. Ohhh she looks interesting - may I ask what anime title this character is from?
  14. Nine months later... I'm booked in for JLPT N5 this December! I'm building up my kanji and vocabulary via SRS and learning grammar via Tae Kim's guide. I haven't touched Genki much though, it's quite dry and has lots of group activities. But will probably have to push myself to get through it. Also have a practice N5 exam which I will try to do once I feel more confident. Anyone else taking the JLPT this December?
  15. Just advising I've actioned a username change request for Sloth_chocolate to @Renee (to avoid confusion)
  16. Hello @Na11 - I've added these two anime titles to the poll. Feel free to change your vote(s) in the poll to reflect this.
  17. Based on the amount of merchandise being churned out for Re:Zero, I think it's fairly clear who the winner is... This title has had its ups and downs... but am enjoying it. Rem gets my vote. She's super genki, though more in an elegant and very polite manner. I was actually very surprised to see her be such a main character, helping to pick Subaru up when he was down. Ram is nice too, but Rem just shined more. And had MUCH more screen time! Emilia I'm still undecided on. We still don't know her backstory 100%. Who do you like the most out of these three? Emilia, Rem or Rom? (and yes, you can change your mind later)
  18. Hello @livi cola , the OP theme? According to MAL it is: "Love Love Phantasy" by Whoops!! It is pretty catchy.
  19. Yui is the clear winner of GDM in Angel Beats... congrats Yui.
  20. Fall 2016 season is around the corner... Which titles are you interested in? Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 This is high on my hype list. Have eagerly been waiting for this one since Season 1's dramatic ending of course we bloody want to see what happens next! Season of Iron Blooded Orphans proved to be very solid. Hibike! Euphonium 2 I quite liked Euphonium S1 and could do with another music title. ViVid Strike I'm a sucker for magical girls and anything Nanoha related (even if it's a spinoff) will get my attention. Brave Witches Strike Witches spinoff... well, Strike Witches, the TV series and OVAs/movie were really good showing the 501st. So curious about this one. Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku / Magical Girl Raising Project Did I mention I like magical girl titles? This one actually sounds pretty dark, am quite curious about this one. Yes little balance from me on this one, but also am catching up on last season shows and a few other older titles as usual. But if you peeps find any awesome titles do let me know! How about you? What titles are you looking forward to for the Fall 2016 anime season?
  21. Optic

    Your article has been approved, apologies for the delay!

  22. Soo I just bought the Digital Deluxe version, which came with the digital artbook. And wallpapers. And OST. Nice. http://store.steampowered.com/app/460120/ Here's a peek of Uzume's character pages from the artbook: Yes... it's funny, Orange Heart is the only CPU that becomes more childish vs being more aggressive when compared to the other CPUs. I would say it comes down to the villains hitting it up against Uzume in the first chapter, right in the opening cutscene... It also has a follow-on effect on the last chapter. Yeah, admittedly though my Japanese ability is basic and I was looking up almost every 2nd sentence in my dictionary. And it didn't help that Neptune says a lot of stupid things. But I understood enough to get the gist of it. Ah in that case you may as well just go ahead and play VII, it's divided into three parts/chapters and now that I think about it the games don't refer too much to their previous titles, they stand quite strong on their own. And now... back to it.
  23. Thanks to those that submitted entries and participated in the voting. Badges have now been distributed. Winner badge: Participant badge:
  24. Thanks for the feedback @Ryuji and @Sloth_chocolate . I am a little surprised the colours seem too bright as they are light greys? For now, no plans for a dark theme as the other themes fit that nicely. Will tweak it some more and give it a trial run as the default later down the track.
  25. The darkest Hyperdimension Neptunia game yet... I really enjoyed it on the PS4, though I played it in Japanese... might get it on Steam... Uzume / Orange Heart was great. My heart sank though by the end of it. And I still haven't got the True Ending. @Stoodell I would thoroughly recommend you also try the other games before this one: Re;birth 1 to Re;birth 3. Re;birth 2 being my most favourite as that was when Nepgear is the protagonist. Thanks for the heads up. *cough* @SanguineTear
×
×
  • Create New...