Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Hello everyone, Hope you're doing well! Anime Forums Purinda As pretty as the current themes are, there has been a lot of demand for a light theme that is both easier on the eyes and works well on other devices. If you have a moment, please give Anime Forums Purinda a try and let me know what you think. You can change themes by clicking the current theme name on the bottom left of the page. Portal A Portal has also been in the works for awhile to help showcase different areas of Anime Forums in one page. The slider on this Portal will reflect the Current Season of airing anime - though this is currently a work in progress. Once you have changed your theme to Anime Forums Purinda, please also give the Portal a try by using the Featured Threads link: https://animeforums.net/threads/featured You may also notice that Anime Reviews (formerly Anime Landing Pages) are back, I will post more details about this towards the end of this week. It is my aim to make this the new default theme whilst also maintaining the other darker themes. Any feedback on both the theme and Portal would greatly be appreciated, thanks!
  2. After some extensive troubleshooting I believe this should be fixed now. It seems this was affecting all members. @Xyro Donatus - let me know if you get a mention/tag alert. If you get one then you should be all good Ryuji from this point forward.
  3. Hello everyone, Experimenting with bringing back the sticky navigation bar. Please let me know your thoughts on it. It's a feature we used to have on our older themes. i.e. do you find it too intrusive, or is it useful to you, etc. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.
  4. Hello everyone, issues relating to the Chat should now be resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

  5. Hello everyone, Anime Forums was offline for about 15-20 minutes both today and yesterday due to an issue with the Chat module after a recent upgrade. This should now be resolved. Also the issue with the missing sounds should be resolved - you can confirm this if you can see the Settings box on the top right corner of the Chat. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused! If you're still having issues please try clearing your browser cache - and if still no effect please let me know.
  6. Hello @Baka, @Lunchmeat - I've sent you a private message - sorry for the delay.
  7. Please feel free to report any posts that are unfairly bashing a series and I'll take a look.. I'm not censoring you - but as per our Guidelines you need to show respect to other member opinions and that includes not openly "bashing" a series - i.e. put reasons why you dislike the franchise. Your previous comment added nothing to the discussion. Please PM me if you want to discuss this further.
  8. A warm welcome to our newest members. :)

  9. Imagine yourself making a nice cup of tea or coffee. Why limit yourself to an ordinary cup when you can have one of your favourite anime character or series... Our collection so far: The thing with cups is, they generally last a very long time - assuming you don't break them. And they're bulky. But probably the most useful of all anime merchandise. As for brands I would recommend the ones by COSPA. Very high quality prints on the cup. The other brands are not great... as evident in the Asterisk War one and Heavy Object. Not very sharp the print. Would you get an anime cup or mug?
  10. Calendars come in all shapes and sizes, and in different imagery. So why not get an anime calendar of your favourite anime title? We have two small desk ones, one of Hyperdimension Neptunia and one featuring Key Visual titles: And also a large Girls und Panzer one... Look I realise from a practical standpoint, these probably are low on the list. After all, they're probably too nice to draw circles on... and well you probably use your smartphone anyway for organising your calendar events and reminders anyway. But they're still nice to look at! What do you think of anime calendars? Would you buy one?
  11. I've only seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Yes there is some blood during the fighting scenes, there are a few deaths yes as you'd expect from a longish series like this, and some of the transformation scenes of the villains can be a little frightening. But it's nowhere near as bad as a horror title such as Tokyo Ghoul or Another. @SixShooterOutlaw - it's definitely well worth a watch!
  12. Optic

    Power outages

    Had a power outage on Saturday due to severe weather that left 60,000 homes without power due to 100 km/h (62 mph) winds that knocked debris and tree branches into power lines... It wasn't too bad as I had went out for most of the day on Saturday. Got back in the afternoon and power was still out. I occupied myself with my PS Vita which was mostly charged and also had a backup USB battery to top it up. Thankfully power was restored overnight in time for Sunday so the weekend wasn't a complete write-off. Which made me wonder... What do you normally do during a power outage? Are you able to entertain yourself with a portable device? Or maybe you just wait it out, or perhaps go out somewhere? Image source
  13. My wallpaper is keeping me inspired to learn Japanese. One of Danny Choo's mascots, Mirai Suenaga: And my iPhone lock screen and wallpaper. Featuring Neptune, Noire and Black Heart from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
  14. I unfortunately haven't dived into the Halo franchise much at all, only played the first two titles on PC when they were under Bungee. Solid games at the time but didn't draw me in.. Looking at the picture you posted is that the new Master Chief character design? Looks very different from the early titles..
  15. @Baka, @Lunchmeat - thank you for the offers. Will be in touch towards the end of this week.
  16. Optic

    Editing Websites

    I personally think the logo looks fine as-is. Have you considered experimenting with lighter colours? I feel for text heavy sites like this, it can get tiring reading white text on a black background after a few paragraphs. Even if you can find a background image with a very slight texture that can help make it more pleasing. This is tricky and comes down to personal preference. I think FanFiction.net has the right idea as they have options similar to Amazon's Kindle Reader when you read eBooks - you can adjust the margins, text size and also the background from white or black to suit the reader. Maybe you could put some images throughout the chapters to help break the text flow a bit?
  17. Good episode with this Enoku stirring Mumei up. However did anyone else feel that last minute event towards the end felt a bit awkward? A perfect opportunity to separate Mumei and Ikoma from the rest of the group, away from the crane and into a caved in tunnel? Now how will they defeat this... thing that ruined all their plans?!
  18. Do you have any games in your collection that you started playing but stopped playing midway? Or maybe you have games that you've purchased but STILL haven't started playing yet? If so, what's the reason? I recently started playing Persona 4: Golden again on my PS Vita. I bought it two years ago and it was a AWESOME game. But then I got stuck on Mitsuo's dungeon in the TV world and literally just stopped playing it as I felt it became too difficult. Last week I noticed it had an anime adaptation which I started to watch, then realised... hang on... I have this game... I REALLY SHOULD finish it before I continue watching this. So now I'm continuing to play it again and now up to Naoto's dungeon in the TV world. It's good fun. How about you?
  19. Just did a test tag with you in this thread - did you receive it here @Ryuji ? Testing to see whether there's an issue with Alerts not triggering in the anime section forums.
  20. I am feeling a little stressed. Received an informal warning at work for not meeting my targets lately (we need to resolve at least ~20 tickets a day) I am close, hovering around 15-17. Seems I'm putting a bit too much emphasis on customer service, need to focus more on quantity due to the current backlog of tickets we have. Around 1,900 tickets..
  21. Just following up on my previous comment, I found the article (actually Japan Today not Japan Times), it's an interesting read. The reasons given for the decline of quality were due to production committees, low pay and no accountability: http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/3-reasons-japanese-movies-today-suck-according-to-distributor-and-producer-adam-torel
  22. Bumping this... again. Here we are in May 2016 and still no release date for Final. I need closure! I realise they don't want to rush it, but bear in mind Evangelion 3.0 did come out back in November 2012... would be worth rewatching them all again once a confirmed release date is set to refresh my memory.
  23. This title looks interesting because I see it has several characters from the Fate franchise! Is this a spin-off? It has no relation to Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night, etc. ? @Ryuji & anyone else that has seen it.
  24. Whilst not a traditional textbook, I've recently found Tae Kim's Japanese Grammar guide to be very useful: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar It's free and also has a mobile app for both iOS and Android. Would highly recommend it as a side reference.
  25. Optic

    Editing Websites

    @Xyro Donatus do you have a sample of your page online so we can give feedback? Logo is tricky.. Would help if we can see what you have first. With AF's logo I commissioned a designer, something generic and clean that can be used on different areas works well! Otherwise you could try going for a wide banner instead and do some text effects on top.
×
×
  • Create New...