Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Noted. I like the last one (Victory VII) It has a drop shadow I had to magic wand out though. Let me know what you think:
  2. Nepu!!! OK @PenguinO, how about this? Can use the picture you posted if you really want but that expression is just wrong for someone that is greeting you.
  3. Optic

    Hey

    Hello @Dragon, hover over your username on the top right of the page and click Preferences here: Then scroll down a bit and you'll find the option to change it.
  4. Nice OSTs @Koumi ! I will be posting my entry soon.
  5. Welcome :)

    1. Metro

      Metro

      Thanks! I can't wait to be part of this community!

  6. Thanks for the correction. I'm not familiar with that franchise, have renamed it now as per your post. Here you go: Now added Neptune and her CPU form, Purple Heart.
  7. Ah I see... darn. :'( You can do a combination of both, yes. The reason for the two separate themes is to make it more accessible to those that may not have either Christmas items or anime items. If you can combine the two then great.
  8. @FSL29, do you have any anime merchandise to showcase? Though it would be nice, it doesn't have to be Christmas themed.
  9. [FLOAT_RIGHT] [/FLOAT_RIGHT]Hello everyone, Hope you're enjoying your Christmas holidays and festivities wherever you may be in the world! Whether it be a typical Winter Christmas with snow, somewhere in-between or even a hot Summer Christmas towards Australia, we hope you are having fun and being safe. To celebrate Christmas at Anime Forums, we have decided to host a community Christmas contest! About the Contest In the theme of Christmas OR anime/manga, you are to submit ONE photo of item(s) YOU have created or PURCHASED. To submit your entry, post a reply in this thread with the photo of your entry. You MUST also physically include the Anime Forums logo in your photo! Either print it out or grab your smartphone or tablet and prop it next to your items(s). Anime Forums logos have been attached to this post. Entries will then be voted by the community, and the entry with the most votes will get a prize. Entry Examples Christmas ornaments, decorations, cards, drawings Anime fan art drawings or sketches Anime merchandise, such as figures, DVDs/BluRays, CDs, manga Contest Timeline Now: Entries open! 05 January, 2016: Closed for new entries. All submitted entries collated and poll created for all members to vote on the entry they like most. 12 January, 2016: Community poll closed. 13 January, 2016: Winner announced. Winning Prize a badge icon below your avatar OR a rank image "Xmas Contest Winner 2015" If you have any questions, feel free to direct them to this thread. Best of luck and have fun! Anime Forums Logos:
  10. Ohhhh, silly me. I forgot to take the username option out of testing. Try now.
  11. Oh wait, from memory you have a Stylish extension enabled? If you've made adjustments to the bubble using that you may need to redo them as I redid this from scratch using different classes.
  12. Can you attach a screenshot showing this issue? I can't seem to reproduce it.
  13. Finally revamped the speech bubbles. Lovely journey learning more about CSS3, jQuery and conditionals.

  14. Thank you for your patience everyone, the revamp is complete. You must follow these steps for the new changes to take effect! Selecting your *ahem* Waifu or Husbando is still in Preferences: Note the new options though under Saluation: I have added options to allow you to change how you want to be addressed, so if you prefer your Waifu or Husbando to call you by your username, then you now have that choice. As a result of the new salutations, the dropdown list is now much tidier as before the characters were listed twice for onii-chan and onee-chan: And this is how it looks like with the username option: As mentioned earlier, I will rename this to the Waifu · Husbando bubble to reflect the new options that are now available. New additions Left to right: Kanade Tachibana · Angel Beats, Shiro · No Game No Life, Amitie · Puyo Pop Fever, Black Heart · Hyperdimenion Neptunia, Kogami Shinya · PSYCHO-PASS Please feel free to post any requests to add to the list. Now that the speech bubbles are separated, we can action new additions much faster. And on your birthday, you might get a special greeting. Male characters in particular need attention... @Evil Bunny of Doom ..
  15. Yes, putting eye colour aside that's probably it! Also, moving this to Chit Chat.
  16. That's a gorgeous picture. So many jaw-dropping pictures on Pixiv... Though despite being an original character the character design looks strangely familiar...
  17. Good fun, amusing series with surprisingly very detailed combat scenes. Saitama's bored expressions throughout the series were hilarious. Thoughts on Tornado / Tatsumaki ? I found her short temper bursts whenever Saitama ignored her (unintentionally!) amusing too..
  18. Due to various life events, I've had on and off periods with my Japanese learning. Recently though I've had good success listening to Japanese podcasts during my driving commutes and that has helped improved my vocabulary significantly. Going for the N5 would be a good goal, and something I want to really do too as it is a tangible goal and something great to put on the resume. Might be worthwhile playing a Japanese game or VN. I've got a few... though it had little effect on my learning, the problem with most games are you can generally pummel through them without needing to understand the dialogue. Furthermore it doesn't help when you play more simple games like Mobile Suit Gundam or Hyperdimension Neptunia.. Mangas sounds like the way to go.
  19. Just dropping by. Poster caught my attention out of curiosity. Found a higher quality version of that poster so I've updated your post accordingly.
  20. Welcome to Anime Forums. :)

    1. LegionxOfxOne

      LegionxOfxOne

      Thanks Optic. I'm still trying to figure out where to start lol...

  21. Similar to the other listening thread, but for Vocaloid songs only. I found this pretty nifty IA - No Game no Life remix song:
  22. Did well on my Apple certification exam, req. pass: 73% - got 83.4%. Happy with that result. :)

    1. drill

      drill

      Great to hear that Optic! :)

  23. Just bringing this up again as I remembered something and want to write it down before I forget... Lines that don't translate well to English are those Japanese onomatopeia sounds. Like doki-doki (heart beating sound). As an example, Rom has that adorable trait where she says waku-waku (how exciting!) and koku-koku (nodding and agreeing). I noticed this quite often in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II. Imagine my confusion when I was looking up Rom's lines everytime she said those sounds, wondering what the heck she was saying: I don't know how they would dub those in English, but I am certain the novelty would be lost. i.e. Rom is not as cute anymore.
  24. I don't play it myself, but Minecraft has been discussed before here: http://animeforums.net/threads/minecraft.1180/ May be worth bumping that thread. Unsure if there are any active players available that can join you. @drill or @SanguineTear maybe?
  25. Added a thread cover image. Also, one of the semi-villains I really liked was Pheles - the green haired woman. If I recall she was introduced in the second season. I particularly liked the way she bonded with Yoshida later on. Looking at the characters again makes me want to rewatch this sometime!
×
×
  • Create New...