Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. I haven't seen it yet, is it something you have to go out of your way to unlock at a certain chapter? Now you've got me really curious!
  2. Well I finally beat Yellow Heart and the follow up encounters. Time for my favourite moments up to this point! The attempts by Neptune and co. to regain Peashy's memory was amusing... In particular I found Nepgear's moment the funniest - Neptune is such a terrible sister by using Nepgear's poor treatment to help Peashy remember.. Yellow Heart sure is well endowed and that sure does make Vert uncomfortable. The first encounter with the CPU clones was hilarious. Neptune admiring her CPU form. Neptune saving IF from being kidnapped again... and then the eggplant episode afterwards. Noire reluctantly agreeing to save Anonydeath from Rei. Neptune rubbing it in as usual. Neptune should listen to Noire more often: Heading back to Neptune's dimension because apparently the other CPUs can't win without the main protagonist according to Neptune: Back in Neptune's dimension with the other CPU candidates... Iris Heart tormenting poor Uni, Ram and Rom. Confront the "other" Rei, got a funny climatic scene. I have to say, Rei in this chapter is so much more ferocious and crazier than in the anime! ... and Rei flattened me. Time to grind a little, again. Oh yes - Uni and Rom are so adorable. I really missed having the CPU candidates since Re;birth 2. Great to see them on this chapter. I'm really enjoying Re;birth 3. Still not sure if it tops Re;birth 2 though... though I'm biased because Purple Sister/Nepgear is very high on my favourite CPU list.
  3. Very, very stellar start! I love the dystopia and cyberpunk style setting after the coil incident. Great action and fluidly animated. It's refreshing to see a badass MC like Kyouma. I think this will be my top favourite this season. Kyouma and that coil android Mira Yurizaki.. after their rocky start I am sure they'll be best friends, especially after that slap. [MEDIA=gfycat]height=358;id=SaneThoroughCoelacanth;width=638[/MEDIA] But on a more serious note, it'll be interesting to learn more about Kyouma's past - i.e. why does he want to be partially paid in gasoline, how did the emergence of coils and the Dimension W plane affect his life, etc. Also keen to learn more about who built Mira as she seems like a really advanced android. With the ability to self-repair too!
  4. This is a great mystery thriller... The time travelling elements reminded me of that Tom Cruise movie, Edge of Tomorrow. That movie was adapted from the Japanese light novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. The same element of going back in time to find a better outcome. Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
  5. Very slow. But the world of Grimgar is absolutely gorgeous. Screenshots just wouldn't do it justice. It is intriguing they seem to have forgotten their previous life but still have trace memories of it. Yume and Shihoru are cute, though was this scene really necessary? Look forward to seeing more of this adventure.
  6. I can't believe I missed this... I got the white version. I'm mostly a Sony person... love my PS Vita, PS4 and PS3.... lots of Japanese titles amongst them all.
  7. Found a great resource for Japanese learners. NHK News have a section called sign language news, aimed at those that are impaired. What this means is, many of their news stories have Japanese kana subtitles, along with Furigana that provides the Kanji readings too! Check it out: http://www.nhk.or.jp/shuwa/
  8. Oh Kyoto Animation, such vivid, mesmerising and beautiful animation as always. There's something about their smooth animation style that really draws you in. My first thoughts is - it's very trippy and fun, thanks to the wide range of Phantoms. The limbo challenge was hilarious: Overall I like it, and look forward to seeing more. Even if the fan service is quite strong in this one, it's very funny.
  9. This reminded me of a VERY light-hearted and campy version of Section 9 (Ghost in the Shell) and Public Safety Bureau (PSYCHO-PASS).. But the team rapport isn't to my liking yet. I'm hoping it will have a more serious twist soon. Also those Willwear suits are interesting.
  10. @Akame , the Hyperdimension Neptunia ones I was referring to are a product line called DEZA JACKET by Japanese company Dezaegg. Based on the Noire one I bought, I can say it has a nice finish and seems well-made. I don't know any of the Redbubble ones sorry. But it looks like they have a decent Returns policy if it like suddenly delaminated or broke..
  11. As a test, can you try opening Anime Forums in an incognito (private browsing) tab? Does the issue happen there too?
  12. Hello @Akame, Thanks for your suggestion. Looking at that screenshot brought back memories when I used to own an IPB forum. I know exactly what you mean though having used IPB before. Yes their smilies are slightly bigger than ours: At this stage though I have no plans to change the size of our riceball smilies - but we would love to add some new big ones. I have already added a set of Neptunia smilies.. If you have a specific smiley set you're after, please do raise a suggestion in a new thread and I'll see what I can do.
  13. I've seen this happen once but have been unable to get it to happen again.. Does this happen for you occasionally or all the time? Has anyone else managed to reproduce this issue?
  14. Hello @Mason, which browser version and OS are you using?
  15. Hello everyone, sorry for the delay. The voting poll is now open and can be found here: http://animeforums.net/threads/voting-christmas-contest-2015.2005/
  16. Hello everyone, here is the voting poll for the Christmas Contest, 2015 - apologies for the delay! Please vote for the entry you like in the poll - everyone is encouraged to vote! Votes will close in a week - Monday 18 January, 2015. < The Entries > Entry A: Koumi Entry B: metroman008 Entry C: Evil Bunny of Doom Entry D: Optic Entry E: drill
  17. I am so looking forward to watching some of the new titles tomorrow. Had my hands tied with the revamp but that's more or less done now.
  18. Hello @Modyrts, I'd be curious to know more about your browser regarding the lagging. I've started a PM with you.
  19. Hello everyone, Hope you enjoyed your holidays, and welcome to 2016! I am happy to present our new framework, with three new themes to choose from: Planeptune: a purple theme featuring the nation of Planeptune in Hyperdimension Neptunia. This is the new default theme. Fate Stay Night: a black and red theme featuring Rin Tohsaka and Archer from the Fate Stay Night UBW anime TV series. Touhou: a spin-off that was created by @drill featuring Touhou Project. You can change the theme by using the selector at the bottom left corner of the page: (you can also revert back to the old themes if you like, but give the new ones a go first!) As mentioned earlier we also took the opportunity to adjust some features: Front page has been overhauled, with improved recent feeds for our forum posts, Gallery, Articles and Anime Listing Pages (formerly Anime Landing Pages). Alphabetical order box added to the Anime Listings page for easier navigation. New Chat module: featuring new alert features and a more live online list. Fanworks have been moved into the new Gallery. The Gallery has had a huge revamp with a new module, so do check it out. Clubs have been suspended for now. New Badges feature. You can find a list of the available badges and how to gain them on the main navbar. Everyone should be receiving badges shortly, and is something we would like to expand to make the forums more fun. New navigation tabs inside the Anime and Manga sections. I have also written some new help page guides, if you have a moment feel free to read through the pages. They are aimed at new visitors but the one on Using the Gallery will be very useful to become acquainted with the new Gallery. Let us know what you think of the changes or if you run into any issues, all feedback is appreciated.
  20. @drill , noticed the PV for this Vocaloid song has been removed on YouTube. Any chance you can find a replacement?
  21. Hello everyone, For the start of 2016 I have been working on a revamp for Anime Forums. These are the major changes that will occur: New Gallery module to replaced the existing one. Fanworks will be decommissioned, and moved to the new Gallery module - thus removing its reliance on the same module that is powering the Anime Landing Pages. New Badge achievement system New theme framework. Clubs will be decommissioned. All club forum threads will be moved to their relevant forums. (more below) To action these changes the forum will be closed for up to a day to action these changes, within the next few days. Regarding Clubs removal We implemented Clubs back in June, 2015 with the intention of adding some fun to the forums by allowing members to create special interest groups. Members could then redirect some of the chit chat to their Clubs. Unfortunately, this feature wasn't overly popular and part of the reason was the module responsible for the Clubs was not a great user experience. Navigating the different walls and fine-tuning the logo and covers was clunky at best. To that end I've decided to remove the Clubs feature. Clubs will be revisited at some point in the future as new options become available and as our community grows.
  22. I'm cutting it close, but here's my entry. I'm totally not a Hyperdimension Neptunia fan...
  23. Thanks. Looking at the JLPT website, you can only take a JLPT test once a year (every December) in Australia... Some countries let you take it in July too: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/application/overseas_list.html Might have to take an overseas trip mid year I think, or maybe take it in Japan. Good incentive. I've been leaning towards PS Vita games as they're not region locked. What region are you? PAL or NTSC? pre-HD era, PlayStation 2 was quite notorious for being incompatible between the two versions.
  24. Yes, there is a very slight over-cut on the lower right-hand side sleeve and also on the right-hand side of her shoulder. Magic wand is quite destructive on dark colours unfortunately. Can try and redo it usual manual strokes - but will need to do it tomorrow then. Otherwise if you're OK with the result let me know and I'll add it to the list.
×
×
  • Create New...