-
Posts
8,110 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by Optic
-
Awesome... well anything with the Planeptune CPUs gets my vote... especially Nepgear and Purple Sister. My brother is addicted with that game... truthfully I am hesitant in playing it, it does look addicting.. And now for a general update .. reaching the climax (I think) ! Our dear CPUs manage to find Anonydeath and discover the machine giving Yellow Heart such tremendous power... and unsurprisingly, Nepgear is tempted by Anonydeath's circuit board bribe... ...but all are shocked by discovering Yellow Heart's real identity, particularly Neptune. Moving onto Eden's founding, Yellow Heart makes her stand again... and this is where I'm stuck. Yellow Heart second encounter is BRUTAL and just beating up my party like a sack of potatoes!! Now I know how Nepgear felt in the anime: [MEDIA=gfycat]height=420;id=DensePaltryBurro;width=746[/MEDIA] I think I just need to grind more and aim for at least level 65 maybe. Thoughts appreciated from you, @SanguineTear :
-
I agree some of the battles dragged on a bit, particularly against the recurring main villains (I forget their names now). But in a way that was necessary to get them developed for the final third season in a climax battle... I can assure you the ending doesn't disappoint. Ain't that right @Ryuji?
-
Two months later... I go through my To-Do list and see an item called "Update Symphogear GX discussion thread" ... I will finish my thoughts now this evening. In the meantime, here's a cute picture of Kirika and Shirabe: I really liked the bonding with Tsubasa and Maria, as well as Tsubasa making up with her father in a way. I especially loved Tsubasa misinterpreting Maria asking if she's always had such a tense relationship with her father... HOWEVER... I was VERY disappointed with Maria in this episode. What the heck... She was such a badass and almost menacing when she was a villain in Symphogear G when facing off against Tsubasa. Then when she fights with Tsubasa, she gets easily defeated by Phara... I realise it was Tsubasa's moment to shine but really? I think Maria really got the short end of the stick this season. Barely defeated Garie, very sentimental and her relic just doesn't seem as awesome as it was in G... As for Ver's reappearance... very uneventful.
-
Almost a year later now... and... I've decided to sell it. It's a pretty nifty device but they type cover keyboard and trackpad isn't great... and the fan kicks in too early even for light tasks. Touch screen and Surface pen though was fun to use though. Given that the Surface 4 models are coming out shortly I figure I'd try and sell it now before the value plummets. Now to decide on one of those new Dell XPS 15 laptops or maybe even a MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch. I quite like OS X..
-
I found one of these books in my library and skimmed through it out of curiosity. They're manga titles based on Science and Mathematics. Surprisingly they look fun and interesting! Here's a sample from the Linear Algebra one: *cough* @Ryuji Some of the English published version titles by No Starch include: The Manga Guide to Biochemistry The Manga Guide to Calculus The Manga Guide to Databases The Manga Guide to Electricity The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology The Manga Guide to Physics The Manga Guide to Relativity The Manga Guide to Statistics The Manga Guide to the Universe The Manga Guide to Physiology There are many more in Japan of course. Just wondering if anyone has stumbled upon any of them, and if so if they have actually used them for serious learning?
-
We have made some server optimisations, Anime Forums should be more responsive now. Let me know if you notice any improvement.
-
Smiling is part of my full-time job, it's part of the customer service experience. I have resigned from that job though and finishing up for this year - so I also smiled thinking of new opportunities for 2016 and for Anime Forums of course.
-
Thank you for the updates. I'll definitely check this one out this weekend.
-
I use Dropbox. I appreciate the concern. The server hosting Anime Forums has 100 GB of storage, so please, feel free to upload as much as you like in your posts and galleries. We have plenty of room. I would encourage everyone to upload images directly into the forums, reduces the chance of losing your image if your image host deletes it due to inactivity, etc.
-
Hello New Zealand neighbours. Australian here. I can totally relate to the hot Summer. I've only binge watched two anime titles, Steins;gate and Symphogear. Only because they were really alluring... I don't do it much any more though because of full time work commitments. :'( I would say drinks and snacks help to keep your energy levels up. Stretch or go for a little walk after a few episodes or you'll get too stiff. And if possible do it with a friend or sibling, definitely more fun that way.
-
Hello @canime, welcome to Anime Forums. That plot is not much to go on, sorry. Do you remember any of the character names?
-
Did it include chibi summons? If so maybe Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu ( Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts ) ?
-
Hello everyone, I'm currently investigating a way to revamp this whole system and change the text to plain text within the bubble, for three reasons: Having two versions of each character for Onii and Onee is getting out of hand. The text would be so MUCH more flexible, the character could wish you a happy birthday or greet you on seasonal events. Smaller file sizes. On that note maybe this needs to be renamed to the Husbando / Waifu feature. Open for discussion. @SurrealBrain , happy to add that in future after the revamp.
-
Up to Chapter 8 now.. Compa and IF are all grown up... ten years have passed and we all got beat up by Yellow Heart. And now pushing towards Eden. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised how the events unfolded... so many parts of Re;birth 3 were in the anime adaptation. They did add a new twist to certain areas but for the most part, a good chunk of it was similar. I play with the Japanese audio. I tried the English audio for a little and... I wasn't very fond of the voices. Neptune's spontaneous and ridiculous lines just didn't resonate well with me in English. Overall, the dialogue is so much more energetic in their original Japanese lines. There are only a handful of English anime/game dubs I'll go for, and they're usually reserved for more serious titles where English works better. Can you elaborate more on this project? I recall you mentioned it awhile ago. When can we expect to see it?
-
Had to look up the Senran Kagura series as I've never played them... looking at it yesh, those female ninjas look a little seedy. In comparison I do feel Neptunia truly has adorable fan service. Now up to Chapter 6. After Iris Heart beat Arfoire up and gave child IF nightmares... team Planeptune has to work hard to help get Neptune and Nepgear back to their real timeline.. this scene really made me laugh:
-
Hello everyone, thanks for your patience - the migration was successful. The migration happened a few hours earlier than expected - we did however have some bursts of downtime as services were restarted, it looks like things are returning to normal now. I will be closely monitoring Anime Forums in the coming days. We've been on a VPS for sometime now, the migration in this case was for moving to a different type of storage. As a result it required moving to a different hardware node.
-
Hello everyone, Anime Forums will be undergoing a server migration at: 6 AM, Saturday, November 21, 2015 (Pacific Time) (10 PM, Saturday - Western Australia time) We are doing this move to get more increased storage, as we have almost outgrown our current server due to the increasing size of our lovely anime Galleries and file attachments. Our host will be doing a two-tiered approach: An initial copy will be done approximately four hours before the scheduled migration. At 6 AM, the server will be shutdown, and an updated sync will take place to copy any new posts and content that was made between the initial copy and the server shutdown. During this time, Anime Forums will be offline and not accessible. Assuming all goes well, we will be back online after the migration is complete. I don't have an ETA how long it will be offline for, but it should not take longer than a few hours. Thank you for your advance patience and understanding.
-
Hello everyone, We are launching a new feature: Articles. This is an evolution of the Blog section - although the written entries were great and easy to get to, they didn't quite look their best as they were just forum posts. You can access the Articles section here on the navigation bar: You will then be presented with the Articles homepage: Articles currently come under four different categories: Episode Reviews Recommendations Comparisons Special All members are welcome to submit an Article! If you're interested in submitting an Article, check out the Article Guidelines on the top of the Articles homepage. When viewing an Article, comments can be posted by clicking on the Discussion tab. This will take you to a forum discussion thread that is linked to that Article. All the old Blog entries were converted to the new Articles system. We decided to maintain using forum threads for the Discussion component to preserve the existing comments that were made on the previous Blog entries, which were in the form of forum threads. To reflect this, the Blogs section on the forum list has been renamed to Articles. This section now houses the Discussion threads for both old and new Articles: Many thanks to the members that tested this feature out prior to launch. We do hope the new Articles section makes Anime Forums more fun to use! And perhaps you may be interested in submitting an article... Any feedback and suggestions to further improve this new feature is welcome. Now on another note... The position title for one of our staff members, @drill has now been updated from Community Manager to Admin. This was done to simplify the title. And also it's a lot easier to refer to, as Community Manager has seven syllables versus Admin which has two syllables. But it was also done to acknowledge the hard work @drill has put into growing Anime Forums - he has been a great help, putting forward lots of new ideas and making significant contributions when Anime Forums was an even smaller community. Thank you @drill. As a reminder to all members, please don't hesitate to approach any of our staff if you need assistance, have any questions, feedback or suggestions. We're happy to help - above all, our highest priority is to provide a friendly, fun and relaxing place for all anime fans from around the world!
-
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation - General Discussion
Optic replied to Optic's topic in Anime Discussion
Very good. We need more viewers of this fine franchise. *cough* @Ryuji @SanguineTear @PenguinO Have you watched it yet? -
Ending was mediocre and not overly memorable. It's nice we got a happy ending with Yu achieving his goal but the overall pacing was such a rollercoaster. Started off light-hearted and funny then had drama, then got really dark and then went back to normal? If they stuck to one style we would get more impact! I also agree with this assessment: On a side note I've added a new image to the landing page.
-
All posts relating to Bing have been moved to a new thread: Bing discussion Please keep this thread on-topic, thank you.
-
Feeling the Summer here in Western Australia.. 38°C/100°F today. :x
- Show previous comments 1 more
-
But Optic...that's not hot at all xP Not unless you have 80% or higher humidity to go along with it! The weather over here won't make up it's mind.... today was a cold day
-
It's 32°F here. I got up this morning and put my winter hat on to split fire wood. XD Like drill said it's soo weird that on the other side of the world it's the opposite season. That weather sounds good right about now.
-
-
-
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - General Discussion
Optic replied to EmperorQinmon's topic in Anime Discussion
I've watched the first three episodes so far. So far it's a very solid mecha series.. great soundtrack too. Animation not as flashy as other Gundam series but seems more down to earth and gritty with the Mars atmosphere. Mikazuki does seem overpowered - but again I've only seen the first three episodes. I kind of lost interest in mecha after ALDNOAH.ZERO but this has whet my appetite for mecha.... think this will be one of my favourites this season. -
Shiro from No Game No Life? Please find a nice picture of Shiro and tell us why she's your favourite!
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.