Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. My [url=http://animeforums.net/fanworks-media/angela-balzac-alphamax-1-8-figure.503/]Angela Balzac 1/8 figure[/url] has arrived. :)

  2. Looking back at my previous post - wow Feb 2013 has it been that long already? Despite my disliking for Alfheim Online it developed nicely by the end of Sword Art Online II.
  3. Lacklustre ending. I found it amusing how Lelei expresses almost no emotion and almost never smiles - other than being mildly surprised.
  4. Hello everyone, We're happy to announce some new features and tweaks. 1. Tags and Improved Search We now have a centralised tagging system in place. The full list of Tags can be found on the navigation bar here: We are using tags mainly for anime titles. Tags can be attached to: Forum discussion threads Gallery Renders Anime OPs Anime ENs [*]Anime Landing Pages [*]Fanworks Clicking on a tag will bring up a search result page listing all the above content types with that tag. Also note that search results are now shown in three columns now instead of a single column. This should make it much easier to find related content on your favourite anime title. There is room for cleaning up the tags by removing duplicates and sticking to well known names for given anime titles which will be done over time. 2. Video OPs and ENs for the Gallery The Gallery now supports video uploads! Two new categories have been created to accommodate this: Anime OPs Anime ENs Feel free to upload anime OPs and ENs here! Best practice would be an MP4, in a .H264 variant and not too large - below 200 MB. If it's a non-standard format then the forum will try and process it into an appropriate format. As per the Forum Guidelines, Please DON'T upload full anime episodes here! I'll get smacked by the licensing companies! Inappropriate uploads will be removed. Contributors will love this inbuilt feature as before we were literally storing OPs and ENs on another server and manually embedding them. Integrating it into the Gallery makes it much easier for anyone to contribute. 3. Murasaki V2 Theme A new version of the Murasaki theme by @drill is now available. This is based on our newer Toriaezu framework. For those that are new to Anime Forums, Murasaki is another theme you can choose which features purple shades and dynamic full screen backgrounds. To change the theme, click here on the footer: Then this overlay will appear: If you're a frequent mobile user, use Mursaki with caution especially if you have a limited data plan. Those full size background images will download in full even on mobile! Genki and the previous Murasaki theme that was based on the former Sugoi framework will no longer be available. This was done to allow us to consolidate our efforts as maintaining more than one framework takes significant resources from staff. We do believe though Toriaezu offers a more sleek look and overall we have received lots of positive feedback on the Toriaezu framework - if you have any feedback, questions or issues with any of the forum themes please feel free to send a message to myself, @drill or direct them to the Feedback section. Hope the new features makes Anime Forums more fun to use!
  5. I feel the little saga when they returned to Japan was not very good. Funny moments yes when they were amazed by the beautiful city sights but it just got silly with the mercanary forces targeting Itami and co. combined with conspiracy schemes. It seems to be picking up again now that they're back through the gate. Leilei is cute. I have also attached a nice big picture for the landing page which you might like.
  6. *gasp* I've fallen behind!! My thoughts on Episode 8. Will catch up to Episode 11 within the next few days. Seeing Hibiki cry, getting frustrated and becoming reckless in battle about her father made me sad too. Be interesting to see how Hibiki resolves her troubled past with her father who appears to be very inconsiderate at the moment. Shirabe and Kirika got their Ignite modules now and finally killed masochistic Micha. But I bet Maria must be feeling just a tiny bit embarassed that they were able to tame their Ignite modules on their first go whilst Maria needed two attempts. In all seriousness though it was AWESOME how the two took on such a big role this episode, whilst the others were placed on the backbench, allowing them to really shine. Kirika even got to cradle Hibiki! That's twice now Shirabe and Kirika have saved their senpais. Chris and now Hibiki. As for Carol being reincarnated... well I hope Hibiki punches her again into oblivion. Overall, good episode. Shirabe and Kirika have gone up on my favourite list.
  7. Well that escalated quickly. And here I thought we might have got something along the lines of Little Busters after time travel was thrown in the mix. Seriously though.. Slashing Yu's eye? Knocking out Kumagami's teeth? Smacking Nao, stripping and humliating her like that? And to top it off, Kumagami getting imapled by construction rebar? It just seems so over the top after we were all grinning seeing Ayumi again. I truly feel conflicted right now - hope Yu gets revenge and sets things right somehow. I want a happy ending.
  8. Hello @Lauriferous , welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here. That's great. I've only seen two titles of his: Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I found both to be very memorable titles despite their age. At some point I really need to watch his other titles...
  9. Optic

    Ossu!

    Hello @Kagerou, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Looking at your list you've seen quite a few Gundam titles. Have you considered watching Cross Ange? I've found it to be a really decent SUNRISE title so far.
  10. Hello there @Hydrophiinae, welcome to Anime Forums.
  11. Hello @Shimakaze, welcome to Anime Forums. Assuming they're not explicitly lewd, we would love it if you added some images to the Fanworks section when you get a chance.
  12. Hello @Tiffany, welcome to Anime Forums.
  13. Hello Otaku4ever, welcome to Anime Forums. We welcome all anime fans, both casual and hardcore. Nice to have you on-board.
  14. Yeah I have to agree... Symphogear G ended on such a high note, despite Ver being a ridiculous villain. GX's villains aren't as great. But it does get better. Maria seems high on your favourite Symphogear character list ?
  15. Ahhh I see, an indirect way of finding us. Yes forums are an interesting beast at the moment. In the past I've tried MyBB, SMF and IPB. XF is the one I've enjoyed the most by far. You may have also stumbled upon vBulletin which is currently a trainwreck at the moment. We are continually looking at improving the experience and activity around here - if you have any ideas please feel free to let us know.
  16. Looks like a nice and stellar community. Also nice that we got a mention if you found us from there.
  17. Hello there God Gohan, welcome to Anime Forums! Ooohhh.... I'm super curious to know which gaming forum that might be, if that's okay with you?
  18. Hello @noah, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
  19. Optic

    kek

    Hello there Shirou, welcome to Anime Forums. As yes, I am familiar with Mason and his Pokevolution forum. It seems to be coming along nicely. I'm touched to see another XenForo community member come in. Friendly community. I'm flattered, thank you. I really hope you enjoy your stay here. I must of course give credit to our awesome staff and contributors - they're been a tremendous help. And to all our other members too!
  20. Yuri Nakamura (right) from Angel Beats Nao Tomori from Charlotte (2015) Similarities: Both have no reservations in using violence to make a point OR if they're annoyed. Both are in leadership roles. Both have a troubled past that drives their motivation forward. Both get along relatively well with the MC, though in this case Nao takes the lead here at present.
  21. I quite liked Togo, of course Yuki is my number one favourite. I love genki characters! I think I'll have to rewatch this series again at some point, truthfully I've forgotten most of the plot except the action scenes and their fancy smartphone apps.
  22. I have added the following image to the landing page - see below. @EmperorQinmon - I believe this is airing next season (finally ) though I'm uncertain if it's a movie or in a TV episode format.
  23. @VXDragonSlayer - you will likely get more of a response if you ask in one of the existing Sword Art Online discussion threads: Sword Art Online Sword Art Online II
  24. I was going to give Cross Ange a go as I was quite fond of some of Sunrise's previous titles, e.g. Gundam SEED and Gundam Unicorn. What led you to drop it out of curiosity?
×
×
  • Create New...