Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Ah so it is indeed.. looking at the screenshots on the PSN store, it does looks interesting. Wonder what the gameplay is like. But I really should finish Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3 first.
  2. Experimenting with background images - open to any suggestions. :)

  3. Optic

    Popcorn

    I'm a big fan of the microwave popcorn bags. So convenient, and great for anime viewing sessions in the home theater combined with my favourite beverage. Occasionally I might get some popcorn when watching a movie at the cinema but given the high cost these days and my preference for late night cinema sessions I usually have dinner at a place beforehand. Not fond of the prepacked bags, much prefer the hot crispy popcorn taste. How about you?
  4. Glad you like the music! Yes Hibiki is my biggest favourite, she's hilarious and really makes me go "Awhhh" when she's with Miku. But I think I have some bias because her voice is the same as Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Well there is a rather interesting, abrupt twist towards the end. But yes she does survive what seem to be ridiculously impossible odds. In any case I wouldn't think too much into it.
  5. Nice PV. I'm still having trouble getting used to seeing Digimon Adventure characters in lovely HD.
  6. I saw this on the PSVita PSN store and was tempted to buy it, but now I noticed they're releasing a PS4 version so I'm going to wait for that.
  7. That's a pretty broad question. If you mean strictly Australian foods then the most popular ones though would be Vegemite (yeast extract), Tim Tams, Sausage Rolls, Meat Pies and Fish and chips (especially if you are in a coastal suburb overlooking the beach or river) The Australian government website explains this much better than I ever could. In a nutshell, we have Federal, State and Local (council) level governments. We MUST vote during Federal and State elections, otherwise you get fined. Of course there are exceptions, if you're sick or on holiday (but you would still be expected to do a postal vote"). If you're curious on how Australian elections work, this Wikipedia article explains it well. Sydney Opera House, Ayer's Rock (Uluru), the whole city of Melbourne in Victoria (the only Australian city left with a fully functioning Tram system and has a vibrant art and restaurant culture), Bondi Beach (your typical Australian beach). I live in Western Australia, so some of the popular ones here are Rottnest Island, Penguin Island and Margaret River (wineries, etc.) But there is more than just the tourist hotspots. The weather is great here so if you're into outdoor stuff you'll love it. Lots of camping opportunities, walking trails, beaches. Yes, I recall that day well. Everyone was in disbelief that day. I think everyone (myself included) felt he would have a long career but to pass away so suddenly during filming was just so unexpected. His daughter and partner are continuing his legacy. Guess what Australian animal this is?
  8. Thank you @Nuh1000 and @Yuuki_Radosian. Indeed, it is intended to be lightweight. If you would like a background image, you can add one locally via Stylish add-on. @drill could help you with that. Noted. Similarly I made it that way to keep it more lightweight as I noticed on some tablets and smartphones it was making it a little "laggy".I may look at re-enabling this again on future themes.
  9. Finally got those Symphogear landing pages sorted. >_

    1. Ryuji

      Ryuji

      They look great!

  10. Go go Hibiki! Finally Hibiki overcomes her hesitation when Miku was in grave danger. Epic scene! But so short-lived after she gets defeated like Tsubasa and Chris. :'( I can't wait for the next episode already. Hibiki and co. need to beat these villains up already, which I suspect their Symphogears will be upgraded somehow with Elfnein's help.
  11. Shirage and Kirika rescues Chris! But can't fight to their full potential without LiNKER. Chris being naked and stating "Do I look OK to you?!" was hilarious when Shirage and Kirika both asked her if she was OK: The defector "Elfnein" is most likely going to provide the countermeasure against these strong villains. And we now know these Noise are different, which they call the Arcanoise. Would it have killed them though to make them look slightly different? Also that cliffhanger at the end... Hibiki's hesitates to fight in case she hurts someone.. it's really starting to get potentially dangerous.
  12. Interesting backstory on Maria's restrictions after the Frontier incident. Hibiki's "I don't want to fight you!" moment is in play. But it costs her, as the main villain has a strong link to her father. We don't know anything about Hibiki's father. Intriguing.. Really surprised to see Tsubasa and Chris defeated, or rather the effect the villain attacks had on their Symphogear.
  13. "Don't give up living!" loved those words from Hibiki during the opening Shuttle rescue mission. Tsubasa and Maria's duet was good too. My most favourite scene though was Shirage and Kirika coming to school with Hibiki and co. at Lydian Academy together. Kirika still being protective over Shirage. And Chris whacking Hibiki for not being a good example of a senpai to them both due to being silly with Miku again. As for the new villains... given the taunting these new villains are doing to Tsubasa and Hibiki, they seem very dangerous.
  14. This is the third series of Symphogear. After the Frontier incident, things seemed to be peaceful until yet again a new threat emerges. But their Symphogear proves to be ineffective against them. As the cover and OP suggests, our former FIS foes Maria, Shirage and Kirika will be playing a major role in helping out Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris. My only concern is that the number of characters is getting out of hand. Look how many characters there are now!! Six Symphogear users vs. five villains. And don't forget the supporting characters... Miku and her friends, HQ...
  15. I found it hilarious how the teacher had to keep the class in-line when Yusa did her self-introduction after transferring into their school. And all those "magic spells" I also burst out laughing too on Nao's filming during the Baseball match. What a cheeky face. I'm hoping they'll progress the main plot soon. Nao's blunt approaches are funny whenever they single out a new person with a superpower but I would like to see more story on what they intend to do with so many of these superpowers at their disposal as a group.
  16. It's so cute and amusing seeing the reactions of Lelei, Tuka towards the base camp and it's amenities. And of course we just couldn't avoid the bath scene... Rory is clearly not as amused and has her own crazy ideas. The incursion inside Italica was interesting. I liked these cute moments between Rory and Youji. Knight Pina though clearly distrusted Youji and the SDF despite their best intentions. I expect an epic battle next episode.
  17. This is the second series of Symphogear. I've noted my thoughts already on Symphogear G in my review, but to sum it up in one word: AWESOME! It's a huge step up from the first series, as other Symphogear users are brought in. The music doesn't fail to disappoint and the animation quality has gone up several notches. Symphogear G's OP is now my most favourite OP of all time too! If you're new to the Symphogear series, make sure you check out the other series! Season 1: Senki Zesshou Symphogear Season 2: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Season 3: Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX
  18. I've been looking at Genki which appears to be published by The Japan Times. It does seem to have a format more suitable for Colleges and universities but it seems to get plenty of good feedback. Any recommendations or experiences would greatly be appreciated.
  19. Optic

    Windows 10

    Windows 10 is now out, and apparently it is being pushed out to devices globally that were eligible for the upgrade. You can manually download the installer here if you can't wait for the automatic push: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I manually updated my Surface Pro 3 and so far I quite like it. The new Notifications bar, Cortana and Start menu have been interesting to play with. I also really like the new default "Hero" Windows 10 wallpaper:
  20. Watched the second OVA, Hell's Kitchen. My thoughts on the matter is... it's very average. I'm guessing it takes place directly after episode 2 as Iwasawa is still in it. Sadly though Iwasawa is portrayed as a very derpy character with shallow humour in this episode which I felt was a disservice to her character. Sekine and Irie though do get a lot of screen time. They're cute in a ditzy sort of way.
  21. Optic

    Hello

    Hello Zeal, hope you're enjoying your stay here at Anime Forums.
  22. Hello Vespy, wishing you a warm welcome to Anime Forums.
  23. Hello Kagura, welcome to Anime Forums. My all time favourites would probably include Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (very well rounded memorable adventure), PSYCHO PASS (great futuristic crime thriller) and Steins;gate (huge impact towards the end and I always found time travel intriguing). At the moment I'm in a bit of a phase with Symphogear and the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, if you're into Sci-Fi mecha musume combat and general silliness and willing to suspend disbelief you might enjoy them.
  24. Unfortunately I didn't quite marathon watch Symphogear G in one go, but did achieve it over 2 days. Then caught up with the currently airing Symphogear GX the following day after. I think it's definitely easier to do if there are cliffhangers at the end of each episode and of course if you're enjoying it. Thankfully those two factors were in play.
×
×
  • Create New...