Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. As much as I love Melbourne... I must confess, I have never been to Sydney. The thing is, from Perth to Sydney it's a 4.5 hour flight. That alone kinda deterred me whehn you consider that from Perth to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) it's 6 hours. Bump that up to 10 hours to reach Tokyo. tl;dr I always preferred going to international countries than Australian places because of this. Yup! Pretty cute aren't they?
  2. I forgot half my Katakana. That's what I get for not practicing it. But I should be able to gradually pick it up again if I build some vocabulary.
  3. Just wondering if anyone knows an easy way to make GIFs from anime episodes. I know of one way which is to use FFmpeg to export the whole episode, import desired images into Photoshop and export as a GIF but that seems overkill if you're just after one scene. Anyone know of an easier way?
  4. Probably Hyperdimension Neptunia. Then I can worship Planeptune. Oh wait, then things would never get done because Neptune is so fricken lazy. If it had to choose a more realistic one I'd lean towards a futurustic one full of technology. Maybe PSYCHO-PASS or Ghost in the Shell. Even if they have questionable ethical dilemmas, I'd love to have a fancy GUI.
  5. Cute profile image cover! There are that many Eevee evolutions now?! :O

  6. Hello TrinChan, welcome to Anime Forums. Nice to see a visitor from Fairy Tail Base, hope you enjoy your stay. Oh Nuh, looking at Fairy Tail Base it seems to be such a huge community in comparison to our little one. But I love the look of it!
  7. Out of curiosity what laptop are you currently using and does it satisfy that requirement? Have you come across any laptops that appeal to you Nuh?
  8. Thanks for the kind comments @Nuh1000 and @feelme Believe it or not, all the shelving and LED backlighting are all from IKEA. It's very affordable. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the anime figures.
  9. @drill, are you able to help @VXDragonSlayer out on this one?
  10. Hello @SixShooterOutlaw, welcome to Anime Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here. Oooh those are definitely some old-school solid titles. Hamtaro I did notice years ago for having such cute looking characters but admittedly I never did watch it. Pokémon... what series did you start watching? There are so many regions and Pokémon now I've lost track. And Sailor Moon... have you seen the newer reboot version Sailor Moon Crystal? I didn't get into it much but of the few episodes I saw it seemed to be a huge boost in animation.
  11. Hello Divine Rush, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay. Good to hear! When you get a chance you should set your avatar and profile up. I quite liked Guilty Crown. If you end up finishing it, it would be great if you could write a quick review here.
  12. What a roller coaster of an episode! That convenience store scene made me burst out laughing when Yusarin bought those expensive ‎¥2,500 cookies and Nao buying those Enoki mushrooms. And Ayumi poking fun at Nao and Yuu being a good couple. What a sly face. Lighthearted moments aside though, there will likely be tragedy for Ayumi or Yuu. Seeing Ayumi's bubbly innocent life get twisted by that destructive collapsing superpower was heartwrenching... Really looking forward to the next episode. Agh!
  13. Shirabe and Kirika buy some time when the power generators are attacked. Unfortunately this defensive ad-hoc mission resulted in an episode with rather predictable combat scenes because after seeing Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris getting defeated so easily, it was painfully obvious by this point that Shirabe and Kirika wouldn't last long. Especially when they are still reliant on LiNKER. That and combined with everyone else just watching from the control room made this excruciating to watch. At least Hibiki has mostly recovered. And the ending was great when Tsubasa made her badass comeback!
  14. Pretty good episode. Other than discovering Nao has a obsession for roasted corn and meat there was some interesting scenes between Yuu and Nao. They do seem to be warming up to each other. Funnily enough I just realised how sarcastic and smug Nao has been since the start. It really was interesting when Nao gave her portable player to Yuu as she was chirpier than usual sharing her music experience with him. It is a little strange isn't it? Nao is the Student Council president so you think she'd exercise her authority more to prevent herself from getting into that confrontation. There's not much to go on other than Yuu's assumption that it was due to her blunt and impulsive actions. Based on how she seems to sit alone often in class it seems her personality is repulsive or she is deliberately distancing herself from her other classmates.. for now.
  15. Liberating Italica... what an absurd yet fun episode. Rory sure went crazy in this one! ABSOLUTE OVERKILL with the 10+ gunships using their missile pods, miniguns and machine guns but that's OK. I'd react the same way too. And the ending with Youji, getting into a hostage situation for the sake of diplomacy. I'm not entirely convinced if that was the best way to defuse the situation... Be interesting to see how this will turn out.
  16. Optic

    Hello

    Hello Sariki, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here! If you don't mind me asking - how did you find us?
  17. For sometime now I've been using a Logitech Harmony 900 universal remote which allows me to put away the HDTV and Yamaha amp remotes. The Harmony remotes are great because you can program them to perform a startup sequence so they turn on all your devices and simiarly turn them off when you're done via "Activities". However I was still using a wireless keyboard and trackpad to start the Plex application manually and was then using an Apple Remote to navigate Plex. I've now discovered you can actually set an option in Plex which will allow you to start Plex at anytime by pressing the Menu button the Apple Remote. So I then added the Mac Mini as a device on the Harmony and set it to send a "Menu" IR signal on my "Plex" activity so it will start up automatically. Apple Remote can now go in the drawer too. This worked so well I actually had to insert a 5 second delay before sending the "Menu" command to start Plex because the HDTV and app were still warming up, changing inputs, etc. And it seems when Plex starts up in full-screen before the HDTV turns on it results in a skewed resolution..
  18. An interesting line of laptops I noticed are the Panasonic Toughbooks. It looks really rugged and heavy: But it'll definitely cost you. Probably great for off-site, remote areas and harsh environments.
  19. I'll have to check out Tab Suspender. I tried out The Great Suspender last week but didn't notice much improvement in Chrome on my MacBook Pro at work...
  20. The new Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 has been really good. I've found it very efficient on my Surface Pro 3 tablet, significant improvement on battery life. Would highly recommend it for laptop and tablet users. As much as I love Chrome, it's such a battery hog on ALL my portable devices. My work MacBook Pro, my Surface Pro 3 tablet and my Lenovo X220 laptop.
  21. Very interesting. @ssjup81 out of curiosity do you interact with the parents much? Maybe some small talk when the parents pick up the kids?
  22. Ah yes Minna no Nihongo was second on my list as I saw good feedback on that one too. But admittedly the fact it is 100% in Japanese intimidated me a bit as I'm a casual self-learner. In the end I ordered Genki I (2nd edition). Will post my thoughts when it arrives and after I work through the first few chapters.
  23. Hello @feelme, welcome to Anime Forums. Please, enjoy your stay! If you don't mind me asking - how did you find our community?
  24. Hello @filip, nice to see you again. It's hard to argue with that. We are continually trying new ideas - adding new features and advertising. I'm definitely open to any suggestions you may have because I really want this community to grow and be a fun place to hang out.
  25. Yeah there are many cliches, and the characters are quite ordinary. And the side characters are even more bland. But there was something about all the characters that made me like them the more I watched Symphogear. Yes, pacing is much better in Symphogear G. And lots of cliffhangers.
×
×
  • Create New...