Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Optic

    OS of Choice

    Well this is as close as you're going to get... Because Japan love their mascots... meet Touko Madobe. It seems that's what their community named the Windows 10 mascot. And interestingly enough she has the same voice actor that did Kyouko Sakura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I still prefer the Internet Exporer mascot Inori Aizawa though.
  2. So theoretically... ... if your compatibility percentage is high then you should like similar titles?
  3. Ah so you must have a decent home office environment then. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of job/duties is it? I'd love to work from home, but with the amount of anime merchandise I have here it would be terribly distracting for me.
  4. Optic

    OS of Choice

    No Cortana for English (Australian). Have to set it to American or British English. Maybe us Australians will get it one day.
  5. Ohhh now that's a stunning Shiro figure. But I think I prefer the Kotobukiya figure... mainly because I think the chibis are sort of distracting. As silly as the show was. Would love to see a Sora figure though. Or one where you could put the two together side by side.
  6. Just advising I have merged the Friendship is a way to express your interests not your acting thread into Friends In Real life as they are very similar topics. Hard to argue with that indeed - friendship is an ongoing commitment after all. My personal situation at the moment is due to work, personal development and hobby commitments (Anime Forums counts too ) I find just text chat is enough to stay in touch with the smaller number of close friends I have, with the very occasional outing. It seems the older you get the more commitments you have and you have to manage your time well.
  7. Hello 0taku, welcome to Anime Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
  8. Sounds like you might want need some Symphogear chibi Nendoroids!! I have mixed feelings about Maria. I can't say too much as her development changes rapidly towards the end. But she is definitely in Symphogear GX so her story is a long one. *gasp* Well I personally didn't like Kirika's protective nature. Tsubasa is so much more elegant.. Having said that Kirika and Shirabe are much cuter together than Hibiki and Tsubasa being together.
  9. Thanks @drill, Giffing Tool works great. Here's my first GIF:
  10. Not much really happened until the second half where Hibiki got to save Chris and Tsubasa, and then all three use their awesome new powerful Ignite Module forms. Those new powerful forms are awesome. And they have moved away from the symphonic themes in favour of electro house music themes now to go with them!!! Amazing! I felt a sense of SKRILLEX there. Hibiki has a panther pose now. Tsubasa looks elegant as usual. Chris looks good too! I like how this form is more tactical looking, her previous one was a bit too "cutesy" for my liking. But darn it Hibiki, I know you have a heart of gold and want to save everyone but did you even have to shed tears for Carol too? Her creation smashed you up good. Be interesting to see how they deal with the other doll creations. Now Maria, Kirika and Shirabe need to rejoin Hibki and co. already.
  11. Bear in mind my build was back in December 2011 and have had upgrades throughout. The video card is recent though. PSU - Seasonic M12II 520W Modular PSU Case - Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium USB 3.0 Intel Processor - Intel Core i7 2600K CPU Cooling - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler Intel Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V Gen3 Motherboard Memory - 16GB: 4x Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB DDR3 Primary Hard Drive - Intel 320 Series 120GB SSD Secondary Hard Drives - 1TB WD Blue, 1TB WD Blue, 1.5TB WD Black Graphics Card - ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Operating System - Windows 10 Networking - Onboard Ethernet Monitor - Dell™ UltraSharp U2713H 27" IPS Mouse - Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse Keyboard - Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop Well worth it for the faster boot times and better battery life on your laptop or tablet. Nice touches too like finally being able to disable Onedrive completely which was embedded into Windows 8.1.
  12. Ayumi! Noooo!! I cannot accept this!!! Will we ever get this scene then?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ /FlipsTable Maybe a miracle will happen. That was a damn good episode though. What a roller coaster. So many highs and lows. Yuu deteriorating so rapidly and becoming borderline hikikomori. Misusing his power and going mad. The Angel Beats reference of Kanade in the internet cafe was an unexpected surprise. I was genuinely surprised and had an Angel Beats eye-watering moment when Nao appeared: When she felt regret for what happened to Ayumi. The fact that she took her spare time to act as a guardian of sorts for Yuu. I think this was the first time Nao used her power extensively for a long time on a single person. Even when Yuu rejected Nao's approach, Nao wanted to help him get back to normal. :'( Oh Nao you're so smug as always, even when you're caring:
  13. It's a MUST watch. Highly recommend it. It's a very funny title, there is no violence (it's a rule of the alternate world) and I got hooked instantly within the first two episodes. Sora is a very solid main character, there is a lot of focus on strategy during their game challenges. Lots of situations where you think "Oh gosh how are they going to get through this one?" and almost each time there is a satisfying solution that pulls them through each diverse challenge. My only reservation is that the pastel colours of the parallel world they're pulled into might make your eyes bleed. But it does settle down and you get used to it. Sorry I haven't seen Mondaiji-tachi so I can't compare it to that.
  14. Surprised there isn't a thread for this yet.. No Game No Life is a solid title. Sora and Shiro use their amazing chemistry to challenge other races on behalf of the human race in another parallel world. Alas, still no sign of a second series with that open-ended ending. The American release was released by Sentai FIlmworks in August with an English dub and it looks good!
  15. Optic

    Hi !

    Hello Angel, Welcome to Anime Forums. I visit every 2-3 days so don't be alarmed if you don't see me around as much. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything.
  16. Ugghhh I can't say anything because it would spoil it. I do hope you like it. Yes the plot is still absurd but it doesn't try to be too serious. Hibiki really grows as a character in Symphogear G, and the improved pacing does help. There is less slice of life though, which is probably a good thing because I think this series shines best during the Symphogear singing combat scenes. Regarding the OP, yes I am curious how much you'll like it. Out of all Symphogear OPs this one is definitely my favourite because it's so dynamic. But the first OP is still good too!
  17. Awesome. Yes I agree the Fine arc towards the end had very abrupt pacing.. by that point I guess they needed a showdown after Chris's arc was resolved.
  18. Sidebar blocks for Fan Art, Wallpapers and Cover images are now random. Should be an improvement. :)

  19. Ever get that familiar feeling when you're watching an anime where one of the characters remind you strongly of another character you've seen before? Post two anime characters you think are similar, and list points that you feel, makes them similar! Rules: The two characters must be from different titles. I'll start it off... [FLOAT_RIGHT] Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood[/FLOAT_RIGHT] Guren Ichinose from Owari no Seraph Similarities: Both are commanding officers! Both are quite arrogant, smug and quite badass... Even against overwhelming odds, both always seem to be one step ahead of their enemies. Despite their smugness, they both have a sense of honour and are greatly admired.
  20. I think my favourite uniforms this season have been the female ones in Charlotte. Nice red and brown with a nice yellow contrast on the ribbon. The male ones aren't bad but they're a tad bland. The Summer uniforms are quite nice too, which I'll have to get an image or screenshot sometime. Agreed. Tohka and Yoshino in Date a Live II almost killed me, they're so adorable together.
  21. It comes down to what you intend to use English for I suppose. If you need to use written English in your job, e.g. writing reports, articles, documentation, support role, marketing, etc. then yes you definitely need to know some English grammar or at the very least the "nuances" and "exceptions" ... If you're just speaking it then it's not so important.
  22. Having a common interest always helps indeed! I think I feel this way too. During work I already find it tiring defusing situations and "keeping the peace". Anyone that has worked in customer service in a support department will know what I mean. A good opportunity for language and culture exchange right?
  23. Optic

    McDonald's

    Interestingly, McDonalds Australia is trialling McDelivery in NSW, QLD, VIC. I won't bother putting WA as only one town has it. They're also trialing all-day-breakfast in QLD and NSW... And on a less exciting note, they've added Coleslaw as a side here for your McValue meal. So instead of fries or a garden salad you can have coleslaw. It's not bad...
  24. I like the second one, but then again I always had a weakness for big eyes like that.
  25. Remember Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka / Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? / ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか? That was ridiculously long, think everyone was just shortening it to Dungeon.
×
×
  • Create New...