Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. I noticed this series but wasn't sure if I would like it. I did however really like Gundam SEED and Unicorn. On that basis would you recommend it?
  2. I would personally be interested in a guide for prepaid SIMs, pocket WiFi etc. the ones at the airport are convenient but I'm sure there are better value options there.
  3. There have been some inappropriate comments posted within this thread. The off-topic posts have been removed. To ensure this thread remains useful and informative, please keep this on-topic.
  4. Shana "The flame haze huntress" Loves melon bread • relentless towards enemies • gets angry easily • no love interest... initially vs. Taiga Aisaka "The palmtop tiger" Loves meat • also gets angry too • troubled past • shy around her love interest Post your thoughts in the discussion thread!
  5. Optic

    1 Yen coins

    Just wondering what you normally do with your 1 yen coins. You can't use them in vending machines right? Good to have a few to try and round up purchases to reduce change. But what if you have a ridiculously excessive amount? Do you just donate them in a box or...?
  6. Second episode was good. My favourite scene was Saya with her big fricken weapon. That was unexpected. Ayato's reaction with Julis and Saya's see through uniforms was hilarious too. On a more serious note, be interesting to see how Ayato adapts to that new weapon. Have to admit I never ended up finishing Absolute Duo, definitely stark similarities with this one though. Pair up magical battles, academy setting... I liked the mutual angst they had towards Claudia when they were fighting over who would be best to give Ayato a tour of the academy. Ditto to this too. Absolutely best OP this season.
  7. Well I watched the first two episodes and sadly I am dropping this one. Sorry, but I may revisit this after it finishes airing. The humour just seems forced and awkward... and what was with the bizarre music whenever there was an ecchi or awkward moment? Now having said that, Stella is a cute character. But her alone just wasn't enough to keep my interest in this one compared to Asterisk. I feel Asterisk has a much better OP, better music, a better looking academy, much more beautiful visuals - A1 Pictures has the edge over Silver Link on this one. I have a bias towards characters with pink hair so I must respectfully disagree. Julis is cuter.
  8. Do you have a iPhone 5 or 6? You might be interested in a Hyperdimension Neptunia case for it... Eight to choose from: AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] I pre-ordered the Noire one.
  9. Madobe Ai and Madobe Yuu are the Windows 8 mascots by Microsoft Japan. I realise they're a little old and knew about the Internet Explorer mascot Inori Aizawa for sometime, but this is the first time I stumbled upon these particular mascots. If you do a Google search you can find the Windows themes.. Here are the wallpapers.
  10. Optic

    Toastmasters

    So, I'll be attending my first Toastmasters meeting tomorrow. They meet every second and third Thursday of each month at 7 to 9 PM. Should be interesting - will be observing the first few sessions. I thought the same thing when I first heard about Toastmasters!
  11. I totally didn't post a provocative picture to influence the poll.
  12. Yes, have finished this series. I'll post my thoughts on the rest of the episodes this weekend. Was focusing on galleries.
  13. Optic

    Pet Peeves

    Second trips to retailers when you buy something and it doesn't work or is faulty when you get home.
  14. Putting aside the rather bleak ending of Rebellion... Who do you prefer more - Ultimate Madoka or Homucifer and why? Ultimate Madoka gets my vote due to her pure elegance.
  15. Hello @Kiritofangirl, the first two films are movie length versions of the TV series with improved animation. You can safely skip the first two and watch the third movie (Rebellion) to continue the story. If you were a newcomer to the franchise I would certainly recommend just watching the movie versions. Having said that I bought all three movies on Blu-Ray awhile back. Definitely will rewatch it someday to get my Madoka fix again. On a side note you might also like the Nanoha franchise too.
  16. Gallery of [URL='http://animeforums.net/gallery/albums/shinya-kogami.114/']Shinya Kogami[/URL] from PSYCHO-PASS now added.

  17. @FRAYKER, just ask her if she's interested for a coffee. If you hesitate too long you will miss your opportunity - someone else will ask her out. The worst that can happen is: she says no she isn't interested / already taken
  18. Red Bull sold like hotcakes during my university years.. and they, along with Monster were in vending machines too on-campus. How very opportunistic. I quite liked Red Bull - but it's better value to put that towards a decent coffee.
  19. Decided to pick this one up as I found the first series quite adorable. Cocoa trying so hard to make Chino smile, now that's also adorable. So it seems we'll be seeing Cocoa's family bakery at some point? Wonder what Cocoa's mother is like - should be interesting. Ah yes Rize...
  20. Started watching this. Sougo seems rather bland. But with the discovery of mysterious crystal girl within the world of Gift and the mining town, I think this has potential for a decent adventure.
  21. @Ryuji I'm on the edge on watching this one. How does it compare to Gakusen Toshi Asterisk? I'm holding off on this one for now as the plot just sounds similar, two school environments. So I figured I would delay this one das I'm thoroughly enjoying Asterisk.
  22. First episode was great! So finally we're learning more about the different factions within the Vampire Extermination Unit. And Yu is going to be more proficient with the use of his Cursed Gear now. I wonder if we'll be seeing a love triangle between Yu, Mutsuba and Shinoa. Oh yeah Mika... didn't realy do anything. And he is the whole reason behind Yu's resolve. Hope that changes. @drill: also updated the slider image with the new poster image. Saved the old one just in case you prefer the older one.
  23. I was on and off due to learning, studying and doing the exam for an IT qualification (ITIL). Now that I've passed that exam I can put more energy back here.
  24. I've just watched the first episode of this one. It has been a little while since I've seen a well done funny, ecchi harem with fantasy/Sci-Fi elements, I am reminded fondly of Infinite Stratos. Julis is intriguing.. Claudia is ridiculous. But it's all in good fun. I noticed A1 Pictures is doing this one - it is beautifully animated and the soundtrack is great. Will check out the second episode tomorrow. Also will add this on the slider.
  25. New gallery of [url=http://goo.gl/ot8nzi]Shinoa Hiragi[/url] - aka Smug-chan from Owari no Seraph now available. :)

    1. Show previous comments  2 more
    2. Ryuji

      Ryuji

      On Monday I watched the first two episodes of Owari no Seraph. Last night, I finished it. :p It's fantastic and Shinoa is great

    3. Optic

      Optic

      Wow, that was quick! Now that I think about it, Shinoa reminds me a little like Nao from Charlotte.. that smug attitude. Now you can join the Season 2 discussions. :)

    4. Ryuji

      Ryuji

      Well...I kinda got addicted....and watched that last 10 episodes of season 1 in one sitting xP Shinoa's smugness was great

×
×
  • Create New...