Jump to content

Optic

Founder
  • Posts

    8,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Optic

  1. Alright. I did another slower attempt - hope this is better. Otherwise, maybe we'll just use one from GF Image Board. Now added. Uni's hair is quite long on the sides, so I had to crop on the left a little. Let me know what you think once you activate it in your Preferences: --- Also added Saito Hajime from Hakuouki as per @Evil Bunny of Doom 's request.
  2. Episode 3 was really good! I'm glad that they were able to save Itona. He'll be a nice addition to the Assassination crew! I love this show so much xP
  3. I finally bumped into this issue when I was using the chat box... But I still don't have a reliable way to reproduce this issue.
  4. There was a small glitch on the postbit, has been resolved now.

    1. Ryuji

      Ryuji

      What was it? I didn't notice it at all xP

    2. Optic

      Optic

      On Planeptune, ranks were missing text and the badge sizes were abnormally large.

    3. Ryuji

      Ryuji

      Ah. No wonder I didn't notice. I still use Murasaki xP It's my favorite of all the themes.

  5. Optic

    Tech Iz Life

    Ahh okay, my apologies. I saw this wasn't getting any replies and thought that might have been due to confusion caused by the poll. Feel free to edit the poll title again, sorry. To answer this, it would come down to my Smartphone, desktop PC and iPad mini. Those are my primary devices. I have a new laptop on the way which might serve as my desktop replacement if I do decide to do some long-term travel in future. Lugging around a desktop PC after all would be wholly impractical.
  6. Given your extended absence, I was considering making a fundraising pool to improve your internet. Hello, welcome back. Yes I remember you. Indeed, it seems he hasn't checked in here for a very long time. But he seems to be active on MAL. Might be worth giving him a poke there.
  7. I finished watching the first season of Dog Days and I am absoloutely in love with this franchise. Could this actually surpass my love for Hyperdimension Neptunia? Maybe?? Putting aside the wardrobe failure and clothing damage, as amusing as it was... I loved the first season! Will have to watch the following seasons soon... Tsundere Eclair and adorable Millhiore were my most favourite characters. Eclair kicking Shinku always gave me a laugh. Poor Shinku. I'm glad Eclair slowly warmed up to him. And Millhiore and Shinku are so adorable... and their declaration of love awhh. On a side note, Millhiore is voiced by the same voice actor that did Nepgear! So I was pleasantly surprised by that!
  8. We've implemented a Similar Threads box when viewing threads. Feel free to give the older threads some love. ;)

  9. I can highly recommend CDJapan and Amiami for direct Japanese goods. They have English websites and do international shipping. I use my credit card fine for these retailers. Amiami is cheaper for most things but they go out of stock quickly unless you pre-order for new-release items. CDJapan is more expensive but they have a pretty good range. Are these what you're after? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4428?term.cat_id=UD-10&page=1 Truthfully, you'll find no shortage of book stores in Japan. Sorry nothing comes to mind to me at the moment, my mind is still filled with vivid memories of the many lovely doujinshi I saw in a shop called Melonbooks I saw in Akihabara, among many others. @ssjup81 may have some suggestions.
  10. Optic

    Tech Iz Life

    Your poll question is confusing as it mentions cellphones. I've adjusted it so it refers to gadgets. Do they have to be portable only?
  11. Well I've ordered a Dell XPS 15 (9550) Skylake laptop with a 4k QHD screen which I should get within 2 weeks. I heard though some apps are hit and miss with upscaling on Windows 10. Looking forward to giving it a play.
  12. ^ Has a very smug signature. That's a great idea for a forum game thread actually... might start one up.
  13. And we have a winner... congratulations @Evil Bunny of Doom. Will be in touch tomorrow regarding your badge. Many many thanks to those that participated!
  14. Hello @Thermidor, welcome to Anime Forums. Yay, another Hyperdimension Neptunia fan. Ooh very nice. Are you aiming for any of the JLPT levels by any chance? Ah yes, the JET program. I hear it's very compeititve. I hope you are successful when the time comes.
  15. Hello Luna, welcome to Anime Forums. We are a fairly small community at the moment, but hopefully you'll be able to find someone to share your time with. I think there are a few members here that do Minecraft. I have moved this to the Introductions section. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
  16. Hello, welcome. This sounds interesting. What time do you normally stream? I might pop by sometime, though time zones might get in the way. I'm GMT +8 hours.
  17. Optic

    Japan Q & A

    Hello @ssjup81, this is a long way away but I'm thinking of one day working at a company in Shinagawa as it seems many ICT companies are based around there. In general what is the cost of living like in terms of finding a place to live for foreigners, and is it difficult to get approval? Of course hotels are out of the question long term, but maybe Airbnb long term stays would be more feasible? My brother had good experiences with the places he stayed at using Airbnb - very hospitable. Although I've visited Japan twice I didn't really look into the logistics of living there..
  18. All the anime stuff is on the NAS so all our networked devices can access it, and everything else is assorted across my internal HDDs and external HDDs. I would recommend Western Digital, very robust and reliable in my experience. I've always purchased their internal HDDs when I built my desktops, I'm using their red series in my NAS and their external My Passport series are great too. Check this one out. WD My Passport 2TB Portable External USB 3.0 - $92.50 USD on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Portable-External-Storage-WDBY8L0020BBK-NESN/dp/B005HMKKH4
  19. Three more days to go, and it's looking really close!
  20. Great episode! Is anyone else getting a cinematic vibe from this series? The pacing is really good. It was great seeing Satoru getting his bearings again back in his childhood 18 years ago, especially seeing his mother again. Seeing Satoru try to be friends with Kayo Hinazuki was great. Touching snow scene: Hoping the birthday party helps turn this outcome.
  21. Bumping this. I'm a big fan of the Infinite Stratos academy style uniforms. Yes it's a very risqué show, but the uniforms themselves are just so elegant!
  22. Lets keep this going! I've been watching Tamako Market, another fine Kyoto Animation title and I was gobsmacked when I saw Anko... Left: Anko Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market Azusa Nakano (Azunyan) from K-ON!! Similarities: Both have cute doll-like appearances. Both are a little shy around their seniors. They have very similar eyes... On the basis of appearance I think no further explanation is required.
  23. If there's no hiragana between two kanji (i.e. for your grammar and topic markers) then I think it just comes down to having to learn the kanji in your vocabulary. But don't quote me on that, I'm still a big kanji newbie. @ssjup81 and @Yuuki_Radosian may have some pointers. Haha yes I can see the similarities there. Kawaii will have a longer ending with the two いい for emphasis.
  24. Interesting series, reminded me a bit of Date a Live with the city paradox style alerts. Of course Date a Live was full on harem. I think Yoshichika and the covenant Athena make a charming elegant combination. The others are quite lively too - Mana, Tamaki and Chloe. Though Chloe reminds me of Kyoko from Yuri Yuri.. I like the battles, they're quite vivid. But don't forget Yoshichika, for your little sister you better not lose!!
×
×
  • Create New...