-
Posts
105 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by The Bunk
-
Not disappointed with your answer at all, I’m pretty much in the same boat as you anyway. Their films are usually pretty densely made. For someone like me who has their brain shut off most of the time when watching movies, they can be a hard watch. There’s a bit of fun in it though because they actually made me want to be more attentive to details. Seeing or listening to a review analyzing films and/or rewatching these films can definitely help you pick up things you never saw before to make it a more pleasurable experience. I profess that while I do enjoy the work of renowned filmmakers, I’m not that big a movie buff to want to go through their entire filmography willingly. It’s time I’m not sure I can dedicate to. The first Coen Brothers film I saw was Fargo, which I was inspired to watch after seeing the series. The series has a bunch of nods to the Coens other work which also inspired me to check them out. From what I've seen, I'd definitely recommend Fargo and The Big Lebowski.
-
Incest The type of family relationship that makes you want to wash yourself. It may look cute, but it's creepy as hell. Bruh that last season is lit, finish it! Afterwards, maybe check out American Gods, Bryan Fuller's recent show
-
Have you seen any films by the Coen Brothers? If so, what do you think of their work?
-
Usually whatever Cinemasins, Honest Trailers, and HISHE drops.
-
These ones probably don't happen as much as they actually do, but I'm still annoyed when they come into play: White knights When a female is in trouble, there will always be that one male character who heroically swoops in to save her. The male character probably has a crush on the female character and/or becomes incredibly offended that anyone would attack a woman. He'll probably defend the woman's honor by lecturing the opposing party on how wrong and cowardly they are as he's beating the crap out of them. Specifically in these types of scenarios, I actually find this SUPER cringeworthy tbh. My problem with this trope is that whether their intentions are pure or not for wanting to save the female, animes seem like they try way too hard in painting the male character to look like this morally self-righteous hero, especially in front of the female. It's there to show how cool the character is in everyone's view, but the character still ends up coming across as a massive SJW. Age Illusion Not sure what to call this one, but I've noticed how some animes tend to have good-looking characters who are actually older than they should look. Female characters are especially victim to this. They could be in their mid to late 40's, maybe even 50s, yet it looks like they barely aged past 30. Smooth creamy skin, physically attractive, physically fit... can't help but think it's done just to add another hot character in the mix.
-
Another I'm looking forward to: Black Panther (2018) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw Looks amazing. I've been more hyped about a BP movie than most other MCU heroes tbh. Glad it's come to life. One I'm not looking forward to: X-Men Dark Phoenix (2018) http://deadline.com/2017/06/x-men-dark-phoenix-jennifer-lawrence-michael-fassbender-james-mcavoy-simon-kinberg-1202113290/ They brought in Simon Kinberg to direct it. Taking on a story of this caliber as a first time director seems like quite a task. Hoping he can use his experience working as part of the creative team behind the franchise and learn the mistakes made from The Last Stand. What's more concerning is that there hasn't been much development leading into the Phoenix Saga. It seems too soon for it be done because Jean's relationship with Scott is a huge factor for the Phoenix Force to overwhelm her, but there was no chemistry between either of them in Apocalypse. It should've been introduced sooner so we could've seen their relationship grow more naturally and we'd be invested in the stakes. Between their relationship, the (re)introduction of the Phoenix, and introducing Lilandra and the Shi'ar Empire, it seems like a lot to work on for one movie. Jean is supposed to be the center of it all, yet I can't help but feel like she'll be left in the background when I see the cast. The return of J-Law back as Mystique is an automatic turn-off from me. I don't want to see her mailing in another cashgrab performance, let alone her being a bigger focus in the movie than she should be. Mystique and Magneto shouldn't even be taking part in this story, but because J-Law and Fassbender are household names that will fill the seats at the cinemas, ya gotta grab em. Then again, I also wasn't a fan of Sophie Turner's Jean Grey. I don't believe she can carry this movie. I'd rather have Jessica Chastain recasted as Jean as opposed to Lilandra actually. So yeah, not much for me to look forward to for this one :S
-
Is Log Horizon really better than Sword Art Online?
The Bunk replied to Optic's topic in Anime Discussion
Log Horizon. SAO had so much potential but went downhill by the second half... -
Same as op- movies and tv shows. Interestingly, it's been a lot of oldies I've been collecting as well.
-
Apparently Steven Spielberg has an upcoming movie called The Papers which will be about the publishing of the Pentagon Papers. Yeah it seems like political bait considering everything that's going on and has star power with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, but that supporting cast though... Carrie Coon (The Leftovers, Fargo season 3) Michael Stuhlbarg (Boardwalk Empire, Fargo season 3) Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Fargo season 1) Jesse Plemons (Breaking Bad season 5, Fargo season 2) Matthew Rhys (The Americans) Just seeing those names alone and me being a tv nerd, I'm more excited for the movie than I probably should be.
-
Granted but Carmen files a restraining order against you I wish I wasn't allergic to peanut butter
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKHWRbK2_Q
-
Soft served ice cream and a bottle of water
-
I remember when I was addicted to this show years ago. Good times... I'd say Naruto was better. I liked how small-scale the story was and how relatable the characters were. Whether it was a Naruto the "failure", a Rock Lee the "talentless," or Gaara the "outcast," you really felt for them as you saw their struggles, hoping they would succeed in the end. The message that hard-work and dedication could triumph even over genius and one's own fate was a really appealing one to a lot of us. I was barely stomaching Shippuden because of its really slow pace early on, but what really ruined it for me was Sasuke. I never liked him begin with, but the amount of attention he received as the series went on was unbearable. It especially got ridiculous at how much Sasuke was being ex-machinaed with all those power-ups. Some sloppy writing there, which sadly needed to be done since Naruto after the Pain arc had left Sasuke in the dust at that point. Ya can't have that when you're setting up a future Naruto vs Sasuke final fight. What's worst is that because of all the focus on Sasuke and Naruto, it sidelined the supporting characters who were arguably the most charming feature of Naruto. The likes of Rock Lee, Neji, Tenten, Kiba, Hinata, and others could only stand in the background while Naruto and Sasuke stood in the forefront. It didn't really feel like they accomplished much in the whole of Shippuden because they were largely forgotten, which is sad
-
Ah ok. Overall I'd say that Daredevil is the best of the MCU Netflix shows. Jessica Jones is a close second. Luke Cage is also pretty enjoyable, but it also has pacing issues, and its second half is very flawed as well. Iron Fist was just mediocre. I didn't have a problem with the whole whitewashing controversy, and if anything, that was the least of its problems. I didn't think it's as bad as critics say, but it's still very disappointing regardless.
-
The first season was a masterpiece imo. The first half of the second season with the Punisher looked to be even better until the flawed second half with Elektra. It could have been better executed, although I thought it had a nice take on how conflicted Matt got when he had to make certain decisions. Speaking of messy, have you seen Iron Fist?
-
Don't know if these are all time favorites, but these come to mind: Drive- Elevator scene Dead Poets Society- ending Toy Story 3- ending Rogue One- Darth Vader vs Rebels
-
Three younger brothers. We're alright. It's a love/hate relationship with the second eldest and younger brother tho...
-
Granted but all the food you have and will ever buy will end it. I wish I had the ability to shapeshift
-
Yeah Jared Leto's Joker was terrible, that I definitely agree with. Waaaay too over the top and corny for my taste and he didn't even need to be in the movie to begin with.
-
You gotta remember, filmmakers make movies that appeal to a wide audience, not just for fans of the source material. The average movie goer won't care what Harley was like in the comics since they never read them. I myself haven't read the comics, although I do remember Harley from The Batman animated series. Regardless, it didn't bother me because I thought Margot Robbie delivered well with what she was given imo. Would it have been nice to see those quirks on screen? Sure, but it's not really required to adapt a comic book character with 100% accuracy, as long as you can still make them interesting characters. I do agree that there were some problems with her, but I'd say that's more because of the terrible script. In fact, I doubt anyone else could have done any better. Even the actresses you named would also probably just end up being eye candy and have to trudge through the bad writing like the rest of the cast did.
-
I thought Margot Robbie was actually one of the only highlights in that cancerous film. She brought some life into it
-
I tend to forget certain plot points quite a bit, especially after waiting for the next chapter's release
-
Nothing wrong with important characters being killed off. If people are sensitive about their favorite characters dying, then I'd say the show did its job of keeping viewers invested in their story arcs. The issue then becomes if the show can still be interesting as it moves on. Will the story still be interesting enough to continue viewing? Just gotta watch and see. As for AGK, I was liking it until the 16-17th episode. It was rushed to hell from there...
-
Ghost In The Shell Live Action: Thoughts?
The Bunk replied to ~EdgySenpai_Kyaaaa~'s topic in Anime Discussion
What I said about it in another thread: Hmm, at the very most I'll bump it to a 7/10.
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.