Hello!

Sky_pelt

Hi Hi! Nice to meet you all! As you can see, I'm new around here! I'm partial to anime from the 70s, 80s, shoujos, slice of life, and shounen ai/yaoi.  That's about it for now. Thanks for your time and hope to see you around! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here 😁

I’ve watched a fair amount of the older stuff myself. If your profile pic & background suggest you have some appreciation for Konosuba & Kakegurui too. I’m currently trying to finish Kakegurui season 2, but not enjoying it the way I did season 1

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here 😁

I’ve watched a fair amount of the older stuff myself. If your profile pic & background suggest you have some appreciation for Konosuba & Kakegurui too. I’m currently trying to finish Kakegurui season 2, but not enjoying it the way I did season 1

To be honest, both of the shows are rotting on my "to watch" list but I have enjoyed the clips I have managed to see. I'm pretty silly like that, always planning to watch anime more times than actual watching. There's probably dozens of shows on my MAL "to watch"  list 😝  

Older anime is fun but I keep running into shows that either have a smattering of episodes subbed or none at all so that sucks. Probably should learn Japanese one of these days. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sky_pelt said:

To be honest, both of the shows are rotting on my "to watch" list but I have enjoyed the clips I have managed to see. I'm pretty silly like that, always planning to watch anime more times than actual watching. There's probably dozens of shows on my MAL "to watch"  list 😝  

I can relate, though my PTW section on MAL is only a tiny fraction of my actual backlog pile. I think Konosuba is pretty good if you like parodies of the fantasy/RPG genre like Slayers or Rune Solider. Kakegurui is kinda a spectacle with it’s biggest draw being it’s uniqueness. For me seems like most of the novelty wore off after the first season.

7 hours ago, Sky_pelt said:

Older anime is fun but I keep running into shows that either have a smattering of episodes subbed or none at all so that sucks. Probably should learn Japanese one of these days. 

Yeah, if it hasn’t been officially licensed and subbed I usually don’t bother. Discotek seem to be the ones doing most of that now, though CR has added some older ones recently including Kimagure Orange Road.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I can relate, though my PTW section on MAL is only a tiny fraction of my actual backlog pile. I think Konosuba is pretty good if you like parodies of the fantasy/RPG genre like Slayers or Rune Solider. Kakegurui is kinda a spectacle with it’s biggest draw being it’s uniqueness. For me seems like most of the novelty wore off after the first season.

Well, i do love me some fantasy. Mixed with some comedy and heart, its gold to me! Also, that's unfortunate information about Kakeguri. Show got me looking for more gambling anime to put on my list!

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Yeah, if it hasn’t been officially licensed and subbed I usually don’t bother. Discotek seem to be the ones doing most of that now, though CR has added some older ones recently including Kimagure Orange Road.

I'm happy to see Kimagure get licensed, the shows looks so cute! A lot of Rumiko vibes, may cop once i get something to play the disc.

• Like 1