Post two similar anime characters!

Optic

Ever get that familiar feeling when you're watching an anime where one of the characters remind you strongly of another character you've seen before?

Post two anime characters you think are similar, and list points that you feel, makes them similar!

Rules:

• The two characters must be from different titles.

I'll start it off... ;)

[FLOAT_RIGHT]roy-mustang-full-metal-alchemist.png.efcbd680df785e8844d1c61f46ede83d.png

Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Guren_Ichinose_owari-no-seraph.png.1f7f5dc630fb903c8f7265e665e53b1a.png

Guren Ichinose from Owari no Seraph

Similarities:

• Both are commanding officers!
  • Both are quite arrogant, smug and quite badass...
  • Even against overwhelming odds, both always seem to be one step ahead of their enemies.
  • Despite their smugness, they both have a sense of honour and are greatly admired.

Edited by Guest

Well let us find similarities between :

Natsu Dragneel - Fairy TailFairy_tail_natsu_dragneel_chibi_01_by_zalxero-d56otkd.png.312501ea826dbf0d52c9713c8be067fa.png

and Monkey D. Luffy - One piece

(to be honest you can change them both with a main character from any shounen you might think of :P )

420eeb0b964fa5b1266894ef2d635c38-d641yjn.thumb.png.ce7200096075703deeaac9a216a0f4a6.png

Let us start

• They are both very hot tempered and act on instinct
  • Usually not any clear plan or idea while fighting
  • They never give up , no matter how dire the situation
  • Usually fight for human motives such a saving a nakama , standing up for someone else etc.etc.
  • Get power ups from all the "I'll do it for my nakamas [insert flashback here] :P

• Clearly no interest in woman , so romance is a foreign word for both

• 2 weeks later...

yuri-nakamura-otonashi-angel-beats-pizza-hut.thumb.jpg.701f3edddc08f8655bbceb11e615f003.jpg

Yuri Nakamura (right) from Angel Beats

nao-tomori-charlotte-wide.thumb.jpg.57553f01e073fe24d82de0b4e3181119.jpg

Nao Tomori from Charlotte (2015)

Similarities:

• Both have no reservations in using violence to make a point OR if they're annoyed.
  • Both are in leadership roles.
  • Both have a troubled past that drives their motivation forward.
  • Both get along relatively well with the MC, though in this case Nao takes the lead here at present.

-Both sacrifice morals for a 'greater good'

I think Light just had a god complex and used "the greater good" as an excuse , his treatment of those around him shows that more than anything else (especially Misa).

• Like 1

I think Light just had a god complex and used "the greater good" as an excuse , his treatment of those around him shows that more than anything else (especially Misa).

Hm... maybe, however, in the first arc, I really think Light wanted to promote a greater good. In the second arc, I would agree that he had a god complex. Also, I'm not sure if Misa is that great of an example though, considering she did completely dumb stuff a lot of the time.

Hm... maybe, however, in the first arc, I really think Light wanted to promote a greater good. In the second arc, I would agree that he had a god complex.

In the first arc he still had to suss out the situation and test to see what sort of opposition he would be facing , his complex then was more based on him believing that he is more intelligent than anyone else (rather than a belief that he had the power and therefore the right to kill as he so wished , his confinement of killing to those he saw as "evil" or in his way was just a rule he made himself follow not unlike those that the gods set for themselves to ensure that they don't harm the mortals [ie: god not directly getting involved with mans affairs]). His use of criminals to test the books power is like the use of lab rats in experiments as he saw them as expendable (believing himself to be great enough to decide which lives have more worth).

Also, I'm not sure if Misa is that great of an example though, considering she did completely dumb stuff a lot of the time.

I agree that Misa is an smart person but Light's treatment of her is more like that of a pet than a person as he also sees himself as being superior to her (not that his use of her isn't logical , it just lacks humanity)

Another example could be lights father who was used to "prove" that Light wasn't Kira and was killed for that reason.

My favorite though is Light using himself by wiping his memory (loosing his "power" and becoming a normal human) , I'm not saying I wouldn't try to do the same thing (not that I could outsmart L @_@) but Light's character has a level of arrogance that I can't place in any other category than that of a socially functional psychopath with a god complex.

P.S.

these are my views on the character of Light Yagami and I apologise if I was rude in my explanation thereof , also I have not studied psychology so the last statement is more for flare than anything else (so if it makes no sense please forgive me).

I wrote something about Deathnote's Misa years ago regarding her character and why she probably allowed Light to treat her in the way he did...and why she seemed to have low self esteem. The poster I replied to was pretty much saying at that time that a character like Misa should have a lot of esteem due to her being a model...

Well, not necessarily. There are the types of models (popular and not) who have obsessions, like with weight. They may be the types who starve themselves to look a certain way. A model (or person in general) who does this, can't have a very high self-esteem, whereas a person with a decent one, wouldn't care to the point of its being an obsession and would be happy with herself. The person could also be the type that may have an unhealthy addiction like alcohol or drugs, which also shows the person not having much self esteem. I'm not saying Misa is like this (not in this way), just that it is possible for a popular model to not have a very high self-esteem.

That aside, Misa is one character I sincerely felt sorry for. From the time she offered Raito her Deathnote, I figured she wasn't right upstairs or either something was wrong with her emotionally for her to allow a guy who doesn't care about her at all (not even as a friend), to use her.

I guess the death of her parents just had a toll on her, and this was the result of that. Maybe her parents loved her a lot, but after being taken away in such a harsh, brutal way, she was trying to fill the void, and found that with her "savior", Raito.

Sorry for going slightly OT..just felt like sharing that ^^

• 4 months later...

Lets keep this going!

I've been watching Tamako Market, another fine Kyoto Animation title and I was gobsmacked when I saw Anko...

tamako-market.thumb.jpg.09925323caa624e9ced65025d0f02e34.jpg

Left: Anko Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market

k-on-azusa-nakano.thumb.jpg.eecb476cf5da210dd643ce4c42d83bec.jpg

Azusa Nakano (Azunyan) from K-ON!!

Similarities:

• Both have cute doll-like appearances.
  • Both are a little shy around their seniors.
  • They have very similar eyes...
  • On the basis of appearance I think no further explanation is required. :P

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

Mahiro Fuwa (left one) from Zetsuen no Tempest.

cf2e610f92ab8cef1dd1e92a643793be.thumb.jpg.706ee2561199d77989c08dd60510aa25.jpg

Toki Fujiwara from Code: Breaker

Toki-Fujiwara-code-breaker-32399513-500-281.png.934e45f5f9cb5917c2d1b271078e2885.png

Similarities:

• Both have a sister.
  • They're both blond and wear earrings.
  • Both possess special abilities but it's very limited to a certain time frame.
  • They come both from a rich household and their parents have a high status in the society.
  • They're both quite violent tempered in certain situations and act thereby often unreasonable (imo)
  • Both are very single-minded individuals, sacrificing things important to them in order to reach their personal goals.

2f6b75f7097e6f24bcf1935d7afe640a2bf73a2c_s2_n2.png.947aef27838c81f329f1780a8347c604.pngName: Umi Sonoda

Series: Love Live: School Idol Project

9456296129e4d5a6e2cd2db0875f41cd198833d3_s2_n2.png.4f2e9da540cb07bfd037e729aae4e243.pngName: Shirase Kobuchizawa

Series: Sora Yori mo tooi Basho

Similarities:

Both have long straight black hair.

Both have serious personalities.

But they can both be pretty bashful at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Gabriel from Gabriel Dropout

Himouto-Umaru-chan-R-Episode-09.jpg.517029e4a4b09320a3ec6e699fdaed63.jpg

and Umaru-chan from Himouto Umaru-chan

large.png.8db6729653cf018d8d79dfe42282d522.png

They are very similar for me because:

1. They're both blondes
  2. Lazy
  3. Loves Anime, Video games and everything in between
  4. Both have a responsible older sibling 
  5. Both came from a slice of life genre xD 

• 2 weeks later...

40579e55b5a61fe527993cc32f0d1dc9bb64f375_s2_n2.png.a31835881f3eba6efd378f3379fe6bd1.pngName: Yoshino

Series: Date・A・Live

01e57537bea34fb31b063c822f646e2f1e0e143f_s2_n2.png.a6bf83d01845e991acfc7511035acf46.pngName: Elize Lutus

Series: Tales Of

Both are shy and all alone when they come across the protagonist,
Both are the youngest of the main characters,
Both have puppets,
Both have messy hair,
They have another similarity--but it's spoiler related. If you've experienced both titles then you probably know what I'm referring to though.

• Geano locked this topic