First Anime Movie

supernekofox

First dub - Galaxy Express 999 (Roger Corman version) when I was a pre-teen.

First Subtitled - Project A-ko (original) when I was in my 20s

First in theater/cinema: My Hero Academia: Two Heroes

On 6/18/2023 at 3:19 AM, supernekofox said:

What was the earliest Anime movie you remember watching?

That's a difficult question to answer, but raking back through my memory of a quarter century of anime watching I think that it was most likely to have been the Macross movie Macross: Do You Remember Love.

1. Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D - Wikipedia

2. A Silent Voice ( i rewatched this one 3 times so good but sad def not for the weak)

A Silent Voice: The Movie (2016) - IMDb

Ninja Scroll was my first anime movie. Well, my first adult-oriented anime movie. Before that was the DBZ movies on Toonami back when they aired on weekdays after the time I came home from school. So... officially, probably was World's Strongest or Bardock: Father of Goku. It's hard to tell which tbh, it was such a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

Actually, I think that applies to all of us. 🙂

Fair, it's a lot for a baby brain to process though haha i was maybe 8 or 9 when i saw it and i couldn't look away (◎-◎;) I feel like it was definitely a pivotal life experience

Spirited Away

Spirited Away was so magical when I was younger. It was the best movie I had ever seen up until that point. Reminds me of that Miyazaki quote about his recommended way to watch My Neighbor Totoro: once when you're a kid, and once when you're an adult.

Edited by Kleiner

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 1:46 AM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I can't even remember 😭

I think it might've been a Pokémon movie, I'm not sure though

Same. Really loved the anime, so I was eager to watch it. Can't remember the plot anymore, but all I remember was I got so scared of Mewtwo. lol *core memory

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The first anime movie I saw was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - my two pre-teen daughters showed that one to me online back in 2011, when I was 50 years old. I've since become a huge anime fan and now have a very large anime collection, filling up seven 8-shelf media units!

I am old enough to have watched the original broadcasts of Speed Racer, Kimba the White Lion, and Astro Boy in the mid 1960's - in glorious black and white television!