Angel Beats - General Discussion

SoarUponClouds

I recently re-watched Angel Beats, it truly is an anime that stays in my heart for a quite long period each time I watch it.

The meaning and the message that it conveys in not just the whole anime but each episode is heart felt? Could I say that?

I'm not really good with words.

Each time I watch this my feels and ovaries explode!

tumblr_mg71cda4gi1r1iizxo1_500.gif.1ed5f9dcb2de68be0cd8b03bdcbe0aa1.gif

Not literally xD

The anime is packed with weirdness that just makes you laugh after the emotional scenes.

tumblr_mg6s86h9wc1rfy5l3o1_500.gif.f6450accceca0087ff909f5b99e6b354.gif

tumblr_mg6ia0Kady1qbfdblo1_500.gif.14595c5104e2823d18c99431619c91c4.gif

tumblr_mg6i4eZIet1rjlegjo3_400.gif.ea5ec4d375937ee366e12fedde08b9dc.gif

Haha Anyway ^^

Are there any Angel Beats' fans here?

Me. I'm a big Angel Beats! fan here. I watched this anime just one week before sitting for an anime quiz over at a local anime convention because the organizers seemed to be into this series. No regrets, though. The art/animation as well as music are all top notch - just look at the OP. :D

The fictional band in the anime "Girls Dead Monster" is also awesome and most of the songs that they perform easily became few of my favourite songs, ever.

OMG!! I LOVE ALL THEIR SONGS! THEY'RE JUST SO PERFECT! AND ADASLKGFSE;ARTLKEJFJIEYTUDSJDWKJE!

The animation is amazing~

Haha Every tiem I see Girls Dead Monster I laugh cause the first time I tried to read it I couldn't. I dunno what's so hard about it xD

But I became a tongue twister.

omg omg omg omg TK and Noda makes me laugh the most! They're so random~

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Well. I finally watched it. @@SoarUponClouds already knows how much I loved it. :D

Though I loved how quickly and unexpected the plot developed, I wished there was a few more episodes on top of the 13 so we could've learned more about the backgrounds of some of the other characters. Though I do realise it was mainly based on Otanashi and Yurippe's story, with Kanade (Tenshi/Angel) on the side.

What were your favourite characters?

I think mine would have to be Otanashi, his reactions to every group member is priceless. And also he had the most tragic backstory in my opinion.

Yurippe would come as a close second for me due to her hilarious evil-like leadership personality combined with her thoughtful and extremely insightful characteristics.

Also... I LOVED the insane detail they put into all the weapons and animations. Excellent attention to detail.

angel-beats-tenshi-yuri.thumb.jpg.887250d17bdfd6461f72146c7811d040.jpg

• 10 months later...

I just finished this anime and what can I say? Except that it was amazing, and tied for my favorite anime with Steins;Gate.

Also, really happy Otanashi ended up with Kanade :) I was actually hoping for that pairing since episode 3 or 4.

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Also, really happy Otanashi ended up with Kanade :) I was actually hoping for that pairing since episode 3 or 4.

I was hoping for Otanashi x Kanade since episode 1 :P

The music.....omg...I just loved it!

My favorite character is most definitely Kanade. I fell in love with her the moment I first saw her. Everything about her is just so flawless. Her beauty, her personality, and her voice.

• 3 weeks later...

This is by far one of my favorite animes, pretty much nothing about it I didn't like. I'd say my favorite character was Yurippe, love her personality. Plus they say first impressions are important, and my main first impression was "Oh sweet this chick has a sniper rifle, that's cool."

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Watched the second OVA, Hell's Kitchen.

My thoughts on the matter is... it's very average. I'm guessing it takes place directly after episode 2 as Iwasawa is still in it. Sadly though Iwasawa is portrayed as a very derpy character with shallow humour in this episode which I felt was a disservice to her character. :meh:

Sekine and Irie though do get a lot of screen time. They're cute in a ditzy sort of way. xD

angel-beats-hells-kitchen-irie-sekine.thumb.jpg.aca19131a5f623e6aadfa70c97427d4e.jpg

• 6 months later...

I'm really sorry to have to say this, I guess it's because I'm just so insanely different compared to many other anime fans on here, but I really didn't enjoy this series at all, I felt that it was far too rushed and didn't cover every character's background storyline, only a select small handful of them...Whilst I'm usually a big fan of pretty much of Key's works, this one proved to be somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion...I definitely won't choose to ever watch it again :-/

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS!!! :-/

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
Whilst I'm usually a big fan of pretty much of Key's works, this one proved to be somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion...

Ehh, I do agree Angel Beats wasn't long enough. Would've liked to see all the characters get more episodes dedicated to them.

If this was the same length as Little Busters (2x 13 episode seasons) to give the characters more room to grow, to allow us to dive deeper into the backstory of all the characters this would've been better. As it stands Otonashi, Kanade, Yuri, Yui and Ishikawa kind of got most of the spotlight. What about Shiina and the other Girls Dead Monster members? >_<

As it stands that last OVA has still left a sour impression for me. Given the popularity of Angel Beats they know they can continue to trickle merchandise for it and it will sell well in Japan, as with most Key stuff. :P

It would be nice to see another season... or maybe a reboot...

angel-beats-kanade-otanashi.thumb.jpg.3f1ea3cfb2207cc41e0c5272b2447230.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic