Your favorite Voice Actors

Clayton

Who are your favorite voice actors? Who do you recognize by name when you watch an anime and cartoons?

I can usually recognize a lot. But Colleen Clinkenbeard, unless she's doing the Luffy voice, always seems to fool me. *Shakes his fist at the heavens* CLINKENBEARD! 

• Like 1

Japanese Female Category: Saori Hayami. Her most distinctive voice is a combination of sexy/seductive & dangerous/crazy (Yor -Spy x Family; Shinobu - Demon Slayer; Yumeko - Kakegurui). But she’s also the voice of several other favorites of mine without me being aware at first (Ameri - Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun; Fubuki - One Punch Man; Leanan Sidhe - Ancient Magus Bride)

Japanese Male Category: Kenjiro Tsuda. A very distinctive & recognizable voice. Usually portrays villains or at least characters with questionable morals, yakuza, etc. (Kaiba - Yugioh; Joker - Fire Force; Overhaul - My Hero Academia; Ogata - Golden Kamuy; Nanami - Jujutsu Kaisen; Tatsu - Way of the Househusband)

American Male Category: Steve Blum. I generally prefer subtitled over dubbed anime, but another recognizable voice with iconic roles (Spike - Cowboy Bebop; Roger - Big O; T.OM. - Toonami host; Mugen - Samurai Champloo; Wolverine - X-men anime; Onizuka - G.T.O.)

American Female Category: Wendee Lee. I generally prefer subtitled over dubbed anime, but another recognizable voice with iconic roles  (Faye - Cowboy Bebop; Bulma - Dragonball; Vanessa - Robotech; Kiyone - Tenchi Muyo; Haruhi Suzumiya; Yuri - Dirty Pair; Nadia - Secret of Blue Water)

Wendee Lee does good work. I remember Outlaw Star when she was Twilight Suzuka. 

I honestly can't tell japanese voice actors apart enough to recognize them. though I understand Sailor moon's japanese Voice Actress was in Excel Saga and they made fun of it. 

1 hour ago, Clayton said:

I understand Sailor moon's japanese Voice Actress was in Excel Saga and they made fun of it. 

She’s also in Zombie Land Saga, though her character’s dialogue was just grunts & growls

spacer.png

And apparently she’s still at it, voicing Mei Mei In JJK image.thumb.png.466df674674793044c1df6e943e499de.png

Edited by Ohayotaku

9 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Lisa Ortiz was pretty good. 

Again, really recognizable. I remember her as Lina Inverse from Slayers & I know she had several roles in Pokemon.

And another iconic seiyuu spacer.png

As far as non-anime, I think Mel Blanc & Tress MacNeille get top honors, though special mention to Mark Hamill’s portrayal of The Joker.

Other instantly recognizable voices: Tim Curry, John Astin, Don Adams, Hans Conreid & Paul Lynde.

Edited by Ohayotaku

The only ones I usually recognize by their voice are Ian Sinclair, Derek Stephen Prince, Yuri Lowenthal and Crispin Freeman. I got to meet Ian Sinclair and he signed my Whis Funko Pop for me, so that was a pretty cool moment and he's super nice so he's pretty much my favorite out of all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Since I grew up on dubs and only watch dubbed anime I know only of English voice actors/actresses. Colleen Clinkenbeard, Meredith McCoy, Chuck Huber, Justin Cook, Brian Cox, Steve Blum. There's a lot of names I've committed to memory, but the ones I recognize the most and almost instantly are Steve Blum, Stephanie Nadolny, Crispin Freeman, Yuri Lowenthal. I think those are the ones I can recognize pretty much instantly and see more often than the others I know of.

Tara Strong

Cree Summer

CrispiN Freeman

Jim Cummings

Christopher Lloyd

Gilber Gottfried,... now there's a voice that was hard to recognize. 

Did you knwo the dad from Fesh prince was Shredder?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Clayton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...