What Anime Are You Currently Watching 2023?

animecreative

Until recently I was wrapping up series from the summer season (still going to try to watch My Happy Marriage by year’s end). But now shifting my focus to Fall 2023 shows. So far Frieren: Beyond Joyrneys End & Shangri La Frontier are the new ones I’m enjoying most. Continuing to watch the Shibuya Arc of Jujutsu Kaisen & really enjoyed the 1st ep of Spy x Family’s 2nd season but the 2nd ep not as much.

Having looked through Cruncyroll's Fall offering I found it a bit underwhelming, too much isekai and harem type series for my liking.

However, MF Ghost looks like it could be interesting if the trailers are anything to go by.

The trailer for Our Dating Story looked interesting, so that might be worth a look.

Initially I thought Shy was worth a watch, but having seen the trailer I'm not so sure, but I'll probably give it a chance.

Either way I'll follow my usual practice of waiting until they finish airing because I prefer to binge watch rather than watch an episode a week.

• Like 1

Watched the first 2 eps of Undead Unluck last night. Reminds me of My Hero Academia with the art style / character designs & also because the various super powers operate under specific rules  that need to be understood in order to use or counter effectively. It’s ecchier than MHA though (more on par with Fire Force). Seems like a fun ride, so will probably stick with it.

Edited by Ohayotaku

On 10/17/2023 at 9:46 PM, Animedragon said:

Having looked through Cruncyroll's Fall offering I found it a bit underwhelming, too much isekai and harem type series for my liking.

Did you watch Rurouni Kenshin? I think you will like that

• Wow 1

On 10/19/2023 at 9:32 PM, Bulleje76 said:

let me know what you thought

I've watched the first six episodes, and while it's not really the type of series I like it is quite interesting to watch, although I do think that the storyline tends towards the "Monster of the Week", or in this case "Villain  of the Week". I see from MAL that it's 24 episode series and still airing, CR currently have 16 episodes, when I've seen all those I'll decide if I want to wait for new episodes or just move on.

5 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've watched the first six episodes, and while it's not really the type of series I like it is quite interesting to watch, although I do think that the storyline tends towards the "Monster of the Week", or in this case "Villain  of the Week". I see from MAL that it's 24 episode series and still airing, CR currently have 16 episodes, when I've seen all those I'll decide if I want to wait for new episodes or just move on.

okay  fair enough. may i suggest a second anime

Watching some Shuffle! and To Love Ru. Both pretty alright anime in the harem romance genre. I wanted to play the Shuffle VN, but there doesn't seem to be a legitimate way to acquire the game anymore. It seems there used to be a steam release that got removed a while back, unfortunately. Hoping to get back into a habit of watching anime after neglecting to do so to focus on schoolwork, college can be a real chore. 

Pic in spoiler unrelated.

Spoiler

F6EZ75FWkAEGlLQ.thumb.png.40acb17d8a819fcae49aab1bc8a4a887.png

On 10/17/2023 at 3:46 PM, Animedragon said:

Initially I thought Shy was worth a watch, but having seen the trailer I'm not so sure, but I'll probably give it a chance.

I set it aside after 2 eps, doubt I’ll come back to it. I’d recommend Precure Full Bloom instead as you enjoyed Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon (I haven’t seen the original series it’s a sequel to, but it hasn’t prevented me from enjoying it. The one scene in episode 3 caught me by surprise though 😲 )

Also, @Animedragon & @efaardvark, I’d recommend Stardust Telepath (CGDCT dealing with overcoming social anxiety & designing a rocket)

spacer.png

Not sure how far they’ll actually get, but in 3 eps they progressed from water pressure powered bottle rockets to recruiting a classmate who’s actually got a serious interest in mechanical engineering.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I set it aside after 2 eps, doubt I’ll come back to it. I’d recommend Precure Full Bloom instead as you enjoyed Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon (I haven’t seen the original series it’s a sequel to, but it hasn’t prevented me from enjoying it. The one scene in episode 3 caught me by surprise though 😲 )

Also, @Animedragon & @efaardvark, I’d recommend Stardust Telepath (CGDCT dealing with overcoming social anxiety & designing a rocket)

spacer.png

Not sure how far they’ll actually get, but in 3 eps they progressed from water pressure powered bottle rockets to recruiting a classmate who’s actually got a serious interest in mechanical engineering.

Stardust Telepath sounds interesting, I'll wait until it's finished airing so I can binge-watch it. 🙂

I'll check out Precure Full Bloom as well.

@Bulleje76

still sampling shows, but right now recommendations for you would be Ragna Crimson & Berserk of Gluttony. Possibly Shangri-La Frontier & The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy. Also Eminence of Shadow & Dead Mount Death Play have 2nd seasons but I’m planning to wait for them to finish & binge them so the story is easier to keep up with.

Edited by Ohayotaku

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

@Bulleje76

still sampling shows, but right now recommendations for you would be Ragna Crimson & Berserk of Gluttony. Possibly Shangri-La Frontier & The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy. Also Eminence of Shadow & Dead Mount Death Play have 2nd seasons but I’m planning to wait for them to finish & binge them so the story is easier to keep up with.

it is like you know my planning. Tomorrow no work. Thinking about what to watch tonight. Will try  Ragna Crimson & Berserk of Gluttony.  now

Edited by Bulleje76

On 10/24/2023 at 5:18 PM, Ohayotaku said:

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academ

Really loving this one mate. To bad only 4 eps so far. I m spoiled with watching old seasons. Dont know what it is like anymore to watch a running show